As I Lay Dying

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

As I Lay Dying

Post by brent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Anyone catch the crime show the other night, featuring the band's lead singer, Tim Lambesis? What a piece of work. I have seen other Christian bands 'roid up and fall apart. It's sick. People using Christian music to make themselves idols, get laid, etc. Now when Tim was is in the pokey for his six year term, he has thrown the other guys under the bus, saying they were pretending to be Christians, and none of them were legit.If you are going to do that, at least play good music in a secular band and make some real money. Make it worth your trip to hell. I don't get it.

Supposedly, he is reforming AILD. He has remarried. I feel sorry for the adopted kids he forced upon his wife. Word is she is afraid for her life. Who knows.

Looking at various forums, AILD doesn't have much a Christian base for having a "Christian" message. Most of the posts I have seen are pretty hard core potty mouth. So, it looks like they don't draw much of a Christian fan base.
0 x

John Boy
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1983

Re: As I Lay Dying

Post by John Boy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Maybe Skillet will tour with AILD. Skillet will sell out for anyone.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:41 pm

John Boy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 pm
Maybe Skillet will tour with AILD. Skillet will sell out for anyone.
Sir that was uncalled for; I know the members of Skillet on a personal basis your words are the farthest thing from the truth. Skillet did a tour last year in Europe with several secular bands and actually held Bible Studies with the other bands and roadies and several of these were led to the Lord and countless amounts of seeds were planted. I've seen Skillet several times and also I am back stage when they are in our area and I will say there isn't a CCM artist out there that shows an example of Christ more than Skillet, and this includes the like of Petra and others. They always give out Bibles and also have Christian counseling available at each and every show.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

johntheumfreak
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 2003

Post by johntheumfreak » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:04 am

He's out and remarried? Disgusting.
brent wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:37 pm
Most of the posts I have seen are pretty hard core potty mouth. So, it looks like they don't draw much of a Christian fan base.
Eh they could still be.
I think there's still a lot of Christians into AILD.
0 x