Encouragement, for those who need

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Encouragement, for those who need

Post by Administrator » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:50 pm

hey all, just wanted to share something that God's been really speaking to me about. Hopefully it'll encourage you. If not, hey je suis desole (that's french for i'm sorry) for wasting your time.

A quote: "The whole point is that you're never going to be good enough on your own to be used of Christ....You can't do it. You'll never be clean enough, or you'll never be perfect. You will never be perfect, and you will fail. But because of Jesus' blood you can go forward and not let the enemy steal that opportunity away it's not a matter of 'Oh gosh, I can't do this because I've done all this garbage and I feel so bad.' That's the enemy because you can be a tool-maybe a dirty tool, but God doesn't see the dirt. He only sees the blood of Jesus Christ.'" (from September 2003 CCM, Petra article)

So often times we can feel bad about how we mess up or fail, but yet God wants us to move on and keep serving Him. We'll never be perfect. That's not what God's asking for. He's asking for us to serve Him, and when we fail to go for forgiveness and then to move on.

Satan can only make you feel bad about yourself if you let him. If you resist him, he'll flee. He has to. Satan only has as much power over you as you let him have....

So don't let Satan tell you you're not good enough or you are a failure, cuz you're not.....God sees you as His child and He loves you so much.....

God bless.
1 x
"It's the blind leading the blonde" -- U2

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Thank you.

Post by Shell » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:53 pm

I need to be reminded of that every once in awhile. :)
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

that`s a very simple truth

Post by epdc » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:19 pm

and how easy we forget it.

I have had struggled a little bit with that this week. This weekend we had a praise time the whole day (friday night, all saturday and sunday morning) and I participated in three times dancing in the praise time.

On friday night I got mad because we were all dressed up and we only danced a song (is so complicated to explain LOL), my first thought was "ONLY A SONG?" and that song is not one of my favorites hehehe.Then God showed me: yeah ONE song, is ONE song. You are gonna dance ONE song to the Creator of Universe, ONE song, WHAT A PRIVILEGE"

and yeah, is a very big privilege to know Him and having Him as a Father as it is a privilege to dance just ONE song if it`s for Him, because we don`t deserve it but for grace we have that privilege
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:45 pm

^ cool thanks for sharing that.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

nice

Post by sue d. » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:25 am

that was a nice message for my day, voyager. thank you.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

cool

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:24 pm

Thank You for that, that is uplifting

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:04 pm

haha ya i sent it to bunch of ppl and someone told me stop sending them stuff lol.....

hehe but good to know some ppl appreciated it at least. :)
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

IS JUST THAT

Post by epdc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:12 pm

some people doesn`t like to receive forwrds in their emails :-b personally I can live with that as long as be a good one :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:18 am

^ true dat.

i tend to take things personally when sometimes there's no need.

maybe he just doesn't like getting forwards???? :?
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

is just that

Post by epdc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:04 pm

some forwards are way too silly ya know, and sometimes people is busy and just read the personal emails and sometimes forwards fill the whole email and then the person can`t receive messages. Some people see it that way, I personally don`t as long I don`t receive too many
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:14 pm

I like to get private email that was intended for someone else. My addy must be similar to a few peoples. I always send long goofy replys, pretending I'm the person that they intended to send it to. Am I sick? :?
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Baiting Nigerians

Post by Michael » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:28 pm

Jerry wrote:I like to get private email that was intended for someone else. My addy must be similar to a few peoples. I always send long goofy replys, pretending I'm the person that they intended to send it to. Am I sick? :?
I saw a Web site a while back by a guy who gets his kicks baiting Nigerian Email scams. He'll pretend like he's going to send them the money, or pretend he's a woman and fall in love with them, or whatever. Sometimes he even manages to get them to fly to his hometown and photographs them! If you find the site, though, beware... some of it is a bit off-color.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

oh my Michael

Post by epdc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:03 pm

that`s not nice!!!!!!!!! :x
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

oh my Michael

Post by epdc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:04 pm

that`s not nice!!!!!!!!! :x

I mean , can you imagine if I would have flown to Wisconsin two years a go and instead of seeing Sue seeing that guy saying "it was all a joke". I mean, that`s not nice.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Baiting Nigerians

Post by Michael » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:41 am

Elo,

These Nigerians are trying to swindle people out of their money. They send you an email saying that they have a "business transaction" to do with you, various hard-luck stories about how they need an American bank account to retrieve some incredibly large amount of money. Then once you give them your account number, they drain it of everything and leave you hanging. These are not nice people like you are, and they are not friends; they are crooks.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]