Whitecross

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
monster machine
Pethead
Pethead

Whitecross

Post by monster machine » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:31 am

Hey, gang.

I don't know if anyone here was ever into Whitecross, but I have made a site that I am going to launch on April 9, 2004 as a tribute to the band after Rex Carroll left.

The URL is

www.whitecrossband.com

I don't have a lot of info on the previous lineups but I am working on it. There really isn't a lot of info on the web and I've been trying to get in touch with Scott Wenzel to get his comments about the group he once fronted.

Anyway, if you're interested, there it is.

Monster
0 x
If you get angry at your spouse while getting dressed in the morning, does that make you a cross dresser?

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Whitecross

Post by Michael » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:24 pm

We may have some info... We have "Hammer and Nail," "Triumphant Return," and "In The Kingdom" CDs so I can at least give you stuff from those CDs. We also have a video or two somewhere; not full-length videos but single songs.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onnyII » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:02 pm

I LOVE THAT BAND!!!!
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:50 pm

Yeah, I also have a few things. including One More Encore which has a little history in the CD.

Here is a little info......."Jimmy Lee Sloas" who produced "Equilibrium" made his first debute on the big CCM stage with The Imperials in 1986 singing Lead & Tenor and playing Bass Guitar, he recorded "This Years Model (1987) and Free The Fire (1988 )" with them before leaving in 1989. His biggest hit with them was "The Boss" from Free The Fire.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

monster machine
Pethead
Pethead

Thanks...

Post by monster machine » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:18 am

Thanks for the offers to help.

I actually have a full discography and whatever lyrics I couldn't find on the net I actually typed myself (and believe me - I have the wrists to prove I couldn't find many online!)

I have been in touch with Quinton and Troy from the last lineup and I have a small Q & A with Troy. I imagine Q is busy with Strange Celebrity because I haven't heard from him in awhile.

Anyway, what I am really after are the band members themselves and what they've been up to since leaving Whitecross. It's always nice when you come across a fan site that the actual band members have visited and commented on. If anyone knows any former Whitecross members personally and could hook me up with a Q&A I would appreciate it.

Thanks again and thanks for the support...

Monster
0 x
If you get angry at your spouse while getting dressed in the morning, does that make you a cross dresser?

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:11 pm

Wow, interesting, I just listened to "In the Kingdom" last night for the first time in years! And I didn't see this thread beforehand!

It really is a great album. Almost as good as Petra in some respects. :)

I also have High Gear. Will probably stick that tape in sometime soon just for kicks.

Maybe I should get all their other albums... since no new good Christian rock has come out in years (except J&H), might as well treat more of the older stuff I haven't heard as "new." :)
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:27 pm

Whitecross... now that's a band that brings back some memories of the good 'ol 80s! Once upon a time, I had Hammer & Nail and In The Kingdom on cassette, but my oldest (son) lost those tapes a long time ago.

It's really funny... I was talking with a college buddy of mine a few nights ago (we played guitar together in a Christian band in college) that I ought to buy all their CDs from the Rex Carroll years (just as soon as I complete my Petra discography, of which I have about 7 more to buy!).

I don't mean to slight Bob when I say this, because I certainly don't mean to, but Rex Carroll is among the best guitar players EVER, Christian or secular. If we were all asked to name the "great ones", I'm sure Rex's name would be among the first to be repeated many times. This guy can play a mean and "clean" guitar solo, which is hard to do the way Rex does it.
0 x