Christian Classic Rock Tribute Band----(Mat Gauthier???)

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics

Would you just go nuts if there was a Chrisitan Classic rock cover band touring the US with all petheads???

YES DO IT NOW!
No votes
Yes, someday
50%
No way kid, get real
50%

Total votes: 2

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

Christian Classic Rock Tribute Band----(Mat Gauthier???)

Post by PetraFan007 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:00 pm

Hey...after listening to all those songs that Mat and his band did...I got inspired to start Christian classic rock band...and just remake some rockin' classics from Petra, White Heart, Barnabas, Servant, Daniel Band, Stryper...etc. I don't think I could have more fun as a musician than doing that. Right now I'm in a band called Cleansed by Fire (a Christian metal band) and it's awesome, but I know someday I'm gonna want to/have to do this project because it would just be so awesome that anyone whose a true classic christian rock fan would be crazy not to want to do it. I've been getting much better at guitar and finding my niche (is that the correct term?) at vocals.

And to do this band, I have would have to summon up some members. The first thought that came to mind obviously was Mat. Mat, ever time I listen to your rockin' songs from Antioch/Blood n Fire, and you're solo stuff like "The Devil went down to Sarnia", "They sand their songs" and even "We won't let dempster Down"....it's just all killer stuff and you know exactly what kinda guitar sound to use. I wish there was more stuff I could bang my head to...and you're voice is just awesome----I can't believe you haven't hit a huge record deal yet with some big Christian label. I know I'm young and you are older than me by about 15 years, but man,...if we teamed up...and maybe get Jon Gamble on drums....holy stinkin' crap we'd be killer. I know it's a far cry now, but hopefully a few years down the road I'd love to do something like this. It would mean a lot to me, and I'd like to have some fellow petheads join me in this because I know they'd go NUTS if they could hear a band like this. Anyways, wishful thinking and probably far from reality anytime soon, but WHAT ARE ALL YOUR THOUGHTS PETHEADS??? Tell me!

Peace!
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

wow...

Post by PetraFan007 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:41 am

Wow. No replies and 1 "get real kid". I expected better.

BUMP!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:19 pm

I think it would be a great idea, Jay; the only problem is folks may not be willing to travel like that. You're young; if that's something you want to do, keep planning and working towards that goal. Work with the band you're with now, and don't worry about doing a lot of traveling at this point. It takes time to plan stuff like that.

Mat has a few years on you there buddy, he's been doing this a little longer than you have. :wink:
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:18 am

Hey,

the truth is that Mat just simply doesn't want to play in a "band." He is focused on his impressionist career right now. Trust me, he's like my best friend and he won't play with me! haha Mat and I just click well, on stage, recording, and performing in general but he is doing what God has told him to do.

I think it would be cooler to see something similar to what's going on in the secular market... Old bands making comebacks!! but if you feel that God is telling you to do that, than believe him to bring it to pass.

Jay, I'll let you in on a secret. Most of Mat's guitar sound is straight out of the recorder that he uses. With blood-n-fire he used an amp, except for the Messiah album he used a Pandora's box processor, but all of his solo stuff is just simple effects from a digital Korg recorder. The stuff on the Antioch album is my Peavey Supreme halfstack.

Oh, one fun fact. Mat actually never wrote a song for Antioch. And doesn't consider himself to have been technically in the band. That being said, he played with us for four years straight, never missing a concert and bringing his own brand of showmanship to the band. I and all the Antioch fans always considered him an "official member"
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650