Dove Awards

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Dove Awards

Post by PetfanInCt » Sun May 02, 2004 8:06 pm

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to let everyone know that I use to be outcast4him. It was time for a change. I like this nic better and will keep this one, although I still consider myself an outcast.

Wanted to point out that I would've liked to have seen Petra nominated for a dove for either Rock song of the year or Rock Album. It seems that the Dove awards doesnt have a Hard Music category.

Jekyll and Hyde is the only Christian Rock Cd I listen to now. My wife who is into R&B some rap, and Contemporary Gospel likes Petra too. I played a few songs for her off of J&H and she said to me she thinks Petra is really talented. She said even after all these years Bob and John havent missed a beat she said they are very gifted.

My wife is actually the person who told me about Petra. I wasnt a Christian when I met her. However I started listening to Petra before getting saved.

In Christ, :)
0 x
Thinking if I could see I would believe, then somebody said Believe and you will see.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun May 02, 2004 8:15 pm

I think we all have our fond memories about how we first heard of Petra. I think it would have been cool for them to be nominated for a Dove too, but it's not likely to happen any time soon.

I think PetFanInCt is better than outcast. :wink: By the way, what is it you consider yourself an outcast from? I'm curious about how people come up with their names.
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: ...

Post by PetfanInCt » Sun May 02, 2004 9:17 pm

Shell wrote:I think we all have our fond memories about how we first heard of Petra. I think it would have been cool for them to be nominated for a Dove too, but it's not likely to happen any time soon.

I think PetFanInCt is better than outcast. :wink: By the way, what is it you consider yourself an outcast from? I'm curious about how people come up with their names.
Why is it that appears at times that Petra is blacklisted by CCM and the dove awards.

Anyway shell about why I think I'm an outcast. Well where do I start. I'm being treated for depression. I'm pretty much a loner and have no offline friends, and I'm still dealing with the effects of being raised in an abusive alcoholic home with therapy...

Jesus is walking with me and I'm healing with his help.

take care shell and Godbless to you and yours

In Christ,
0 x
Thinking if I could see I would believe, then somebody said Believe and you will see.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun May 02, 2004 9:23 pm

I'm sorry you've been through such a rough time, but I'm glad you're getting help and letting the Lord heal you. It can be a long process at times. Alcoholism is so destructive.

You're not an outcast in Jesus' eyes.
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: ...

Post by PetfanInCt » Sun May 02, 2004 9:30 pm

Shell wrote:I'm sorry you've been through such a rough time, but I'm glad you're getting help and letting the Lord heal you. It can be a long process at times. Alcoholism is so destructive.

You're not an outcast in Jesus' eyes.
Yeah alcoholism is tough. The family inst close. I havent talked with my brother or parents in like almost 10 years.

Theres alcoholisn throughout the family both on my side and my wifes family.

Thanks for the letter Shell, your kind..Godbless

InChrist,

I guess this subjest as verared away from being a petra topic..sorry
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun May 02, 2004 9:35 pm

I was the one who asked you what your name meant. :) Yeah, Petra never has been popular with the industry. It's the industry's loss. :P The Doves aren't what really matters though; I think I'd kind of wonder what was going on if they did get a Dove. :D
0 x

MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MichaeLeah » Sun May 02, 2004 9:35 pm

No need for apology. You can talk about anything on here. No one is an outcast here who loves Petra :)

Michael
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: ....

Post by PetfanInCt » Mon May 03, 2004 12:49 pm

Shell wrote:I was the one who asked you what your name meant. :) Yeah, Petra never has been popular with the industry. It's the industry's loss. :P The Doves aren't what really matters though; I think I'd kind of wonder what was going on if they did get a Dove. :D
Another reason why I feel like an outcast is the fact that I'm on Social Security Disability. I'm on it because I currently can not hold down a job because of the depression, anxiety, and panic.

In Christ,
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 03, 2004 1:45 pm

Oh, that's no fun. I had to deal with social security a long time ago and having to wade through all that red tape and some other stuff I won't mention :D was not pleasant.

I had surgery on my hand back in the early 90s and couldn't work for awhile, so I applied and had to wait a year and apply three times before I got it. Then when I was able to go back to work and didn't need it any more, I couldn't get rid of it. Ask me if that makes any sense. :P All that red tape was a royal pain I was glad not to have to deal with any more.

I say take advantage of it if you need it though, you've paid into it. You're not an outcast here; there are folks who've had to deal with the same thing. :) Depression's not pleasant to deal with, but you have an idea of the source of it and you're getting help, that's a big part of the battle. You'll have good days and bad days in the process.
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: ....

Post by PetfanInCt » Mon May 03, 2004 8:31 pm

Shell wrote:Oh, that's no fun. I had to deal with social security a long time ago and having to wade through all that red tape and some other stuff I won't mention :D was not pleasant.

I had surgery on my hand back in the early 90s and couldn't work for awhile, so I applied and had to wait a year and apply three times before I got it. Then when I was able to go back to work and didn't need it any more, I couldn't get rid of it. Ask me if that makes any sense. :P All that red tape was a royal pain I was glad not to have to deal with any more.

I say take advantage of it if you need it though, you've paid into it. You're not an outcast here; there are folks who've had to deal with the same thing. :) Depression's not pleasant to deal with, but you have an idea of the source of it and you're getting help, that's a big part of the battle. You'll have good days and bad days in the process.
Ok I have a question. This has to do with Petra...A J&H question, specifically the song perfect world.

I had problems with this song since I first heard it. well not the whole song,just the part about mother nature. I understand what Bob was trying to accomplish with verse. I personally do not like the fact that in the song..Bob wrote that its ok to stand up for her right, meaning to stand up for mother nature. i dont even like the her reference, way to pagan for me..But the second thought is what does nature or the argh mother nature reference have to do with a new heaven and new earth as described in Revelation...

In Christ,
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 03, 2004 10:08 pm

Well, you're not required to like every word in every Petra song, but if you'll look at the whole song, I think you'll see it's saying that God made nature, He's the one you should be looking to. It kind of takes away from the meaning if you take something out of context.

One of the first things I learned as an English major: When you're trying to interpret something, look at the whole text, LOL.
0 x