The Passion

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

The Passion

Post by Pethead1 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:15 pm

I just found this and thought ya'll would like to know.

� 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
Mel Gibson's blockbuster film "The Passion of the Christ" is coming to the small screen.

Icon Productions, Gibson's company announced today the film will be released on DVD and VHS video Aug. 31 in partnership with 20th Century Fox. The DVD will be produced with a maximum bit rate, 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 DTS.
The film, which opened Feb. 25, is the year's biggest, having earned a place among the top 10 highest-grossing movies of all time. "The Passion" has brought in $368 million in box office receipts in North America alone.

"The Passion of the Christ," which was filmed in Aramaic and Latin, will be presented with English subtitles on VHS and English and Spanish subtitles on DVD. The DVD will sell for $29.98 and the VHS for $24.98, according to a statement from Fox Home Entertainment.

The graphically violent film portrays the final 12 hours of Christ's life, his crucifixion and resurrection.

Those asleep will be awakened
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MichaeLeah » Mon May 10, 2004 11:12 pm

Thanks for the info. If anyone has not seen this movie I highly recommend it. It is rediculous they continue to comment on the violence. Nobody seemed to have a problem with the violence in Saving Private Ryan and that movie had vets running around the theatre screaming, yelling, and crying. (I am not trying to insult vets, I deeply respect them and I am thankful for their sacrifice) Will that get over the violence already!? Complain about something they should complain about: Kill Bill, vol. 2.

Michael
0 x

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Tue May 11, 2004 4:40 pm

Remember that the Bible says that the wisdom of God is foolishness to man. People who are not His are blind to the truth until Jesus reveals it to them. It's a natural reaction of the world to something that is NOT of this world. I'm not surprised at all because the world wants to keep the death of Jesus nice and neat so theres no guilt or pain when they see it portrayed. Pray that their hearts will be broken for Him.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give