A Prayer Request

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

A Prayer Request

Post by MichaeLeah » Tue May 11, 2004 12:51 pm

I am a youth minister at an ethnic church. I have run into a situation where all the youth are no longer attending youth group on Friday night. I am having great difficulty trying bring the youth back. Please pray that I might be able to find a way to adjust Friday nights that will bring the youth back. It is also important that the youth come back because if they don't my job could be in jeopardy. I appreciate your prayers.

Michael
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

WE WIL MICHAEL

Post by epdc » Tue May 11, 2004 1:44 pm

Dear Lord, I wanna thank you for Michael`s life. Thank You Lord because many lives have been touched by You through him. Lord, thank You because You have chosen him to serve You in the youth area.

Lord, I wanna pray for his ministry, Lord, give him the wisdom for knowing what`s going on with the youth of that area. Maybe they lost interest, maybe they just have problems , maybe they re busy and just can`t make it to the service. Lord, you know their hearts and their situations. Lord, open his eyes and make him see if there`s something he is doing wrong or did wrong in the past, he or his ministry team Lord.

God, you know he needs this job so we put in your hands Lord. We know you can bring back this teens and make a revival in their lives.

I put all this in your hands Lord knowing that is all up to you not us, AMEN.

Let us know what happened ok Michael?
when you said ethnic what do you mean?, mexican, black church, indian, chicanos??, I`m just curious :), in what part of USA is that?
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue May 11, 2004 8:49 pm

You'll be in my prayers, that's a scary situation to have to deal with. I'll pray that the Lord guides you and shows you what you need to do.
0 x

MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MichaeLeah » Wed May 12, 2004 8:48 am

The ethnic group is Chinese, in the city of New Orleans
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

WOW

Post by epdc » Wed May 12, 2004 12:53 pm

WOW, REALLY? that`s great!!, we will be praying michael, God put you there for a reason and He will carry you through this.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Some help, maybe

Post by Michael » Fri May 14, 2004 7:40 am

I have a recommendation for you. Contact Oneighty for help:

http://www.oneighty.com/

This is a ministry of Church on the Move in Tulsa. The short story is that COTM has a STRONG focus on teens and kids, and might be able to provide you with some creative ideas.

The long story goes something like this: in the 70's a guy named Willie George was in children's ministry, and one day he put on a cowboy hat and turned into a scripture-quotin' sherriff named Gospel Bill. Before too long The Gospel Bill Show became one of the most popular kid's shows ever. At some point he brought on a guy named Blaine Bartel, and Blaine started doing a show called Fire By Nite for teenagers. Teenagers who grew up in the 80's or 90's like Cat and I did will be familiar with Fire By Nite... it was one of the most popular shows for TEENS in that time (Petra appeared on it several times, and they were instrumental in creating the On Fire! Video Event). At some point about 15 years ago or so Williw George took off his cowboy hat and started Church on the Move, and COTM has been flourishing in Tulsa ever since. A main reason for starting COTM was to put into practice some of the things Willie George Ministries had learned about ministry to children and teens; Oneighty is an outgrowth of that. It is maybe the most popular Christian teen hangout in Tulsa, bussing in all kinds of kids from as far as 30-40 miles away for youth services on Wednesday nights.

I realize you're not Oneighty, but they might be able to help you out. Blaine Bartel is the associate pastor now, and Willie George is of course the pastor; I can't remember the youth pastor's name but he's an old boyfriend of Cat's (that's probably why I can't remember it! hehe)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Sat May 15, 2004 12:55 am

Dear Lord,

I pray for guidance for Michael and Your divine wisdom and insight in bringing his youth group to embracing Your Word and desiring to fellowship with one another. Lord, help Michael to guide them in desiring a close relationship and walk with You, Jesus. Father, encourage Michael and help him not to lose heart, but keep focusing upon Your Word and keep teaching it in it's entirety. Help him to know how to bring Your scriptures to the youth to where they will understand what You are saying and how to apply it to their lives and therefore get excited about their Christian Walk. May this youth group, this church as a whole come together in community and fellowship with one another, encouraging each other and helping one another to run the race that's set before them.
The enemy wants to tear apart, but they are your children, Michael is a child of the King, You have granted to him everything pertaining to life and godliness - and given him wisdom through Your Word. Thank You Jesus that this warrior of Christ will not be defeated, but already has the victory in You alone! Lord, he cannot draw the kids, but YOU can. Lord, use Michael to bring it about and speak to him when he seeks your counsel. Speak to him loud and clear. Thank You Jesus that these children will be back where they belong and be even stronger than before as a group and as individuals.
Jesus, I so humbly ask this favor from You on behalf of the youth in this church and on behalf of this youth pastor. In Jesus Name I pray. AMEN.
0 x