immorality on Brazilian tv screens

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
rlima
Pethead
Pethead

immorality on Brazilian tv screens

Post by rlima » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:54 pm

I don't know how immoral is Brazilian TV. If do you want to visit Brazil, please be careful about what you watch on TV. But, tonight, we had the final chapter of a popular soap opera (TV genre very popular here), where the "good guy", a surgeon, married an ex-lover, who divorced from one of the surgeon's patient! And this patient "married" to the surgeon's assistant, who, in the past, had an affair with. A very beautiful teacher had an affair with his student, and he died, with the insane teacher's ex-husband. A couple of girls had an lesbian affair, and tonight, at the final chapter, they kissed. An catholic priest renounced his vows for sex with a girl, who said to him she wanted to have it with him. A girl did beat her grandparents because she "hated old ones". Sad but true! In a meanwhile, our society is becoming more rotten, liberal for sinful behaviours, as Isaiah said, twisting judgements, turning right from wrong. Please pray for Brazil!
0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:35 pm

That sounds like the cartoon network.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Please Pray for My Country

Post by Jerry » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:45 pm

My country now has more abortions than live births.
My country is going to recognize same sex marriages.
My country allows you to smoke dope.
My country allows women to walk around topless.
My country needs help. Please pray for Canada.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lane ... oorCanada/
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

you know of what am I ashame of

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:31 pm

of mexican novels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man, the stories are soooo cheap, I mean, I mean UGH, all the stories are the same if you think about it. And ya know what`s worse? that all the actors sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geez. I mean, the directors should consider to read a good book and put it on tv.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

This doesn't surprise me

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:09 pm

You know guys, this doesn't surprise me. Here in the US our tv stations are filled with the same garbage. Our streets are filled with guns, drugs and violence. Prayer was taken out of our schools. The Ten Commandments have been taken out of some government buildings. Atheists (and they refer to them as such in the papers) are demanding that "One nation under God" be taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance. The list goes on. My question is, why is it ok for the atheists, people that are for abortion, same sex marriages, etc. to get their way, but boy, when the Christians step in, we have to fight tooth and nail to get our way and a lot of times in the end we lose anyway?

This country is basically going against everything our forefathers stood for. It's sad. It's not fair that we as Christians have to put up with voting in gay priests, be told we can't pray in schools, allowing same sex marriages, but yet atheists can get away with it all...

Before anyone gets upset, please remember, this is just ONE person's views. We all have our own view on things and I respect yours, so please, let's keep this topic from getting out of hand. Thanks!! :)
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Oh...

Post by Shell » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:12 pm

You won't get any argument from me; I totally agree with you. There shouldn't be a double standard.
0 x

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlima » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:14 pm

I see that this problem is not a local problem (brazilian, american, mexican, etc...), but is global. It's a sign of the times we are living, the last days before His return.
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!