Ragamuffin: The True Story of Rich Mullins

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Ragamuffin: The True Story of Rich Mullins

Post by brent » Sat May 31, 2014 11:02 am

Jesus did not say the rooms were for denominations, religions or belief systems. You have to let Jesus say what he said. There are many translations like rooms, dwelling places, mansions, lodgings, abodes, resting places. To build a theology or teaching from this one word would be reckless. Let the whole thought of the conversation relay the message in the context they would have understood: The Father has a house with plenty of last dwellings, for ALL of the sons. The verse in question was not to define who would go specifically, how many there would be, or what the people believed. The whole passage details Jesus putting the disciple's minds at ease about the unseen things to come.

I am with you about religion/churches/denominations. Since the Garden of Eden, Lucifer has been doing his thing to twist what God has said. It happens everywhere. This is why the Gospel of Christ (I am the Way, the Truth, the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by ME) is so pure, simple and hated by man-made religions. Jesus came to do away with religious systems of men. We have a main line to the vine. We are not grafted to another person's branch. Go graft to the vine!

Paul taught the NT churches to keep it simple, orderly and healthy. If the church you go to is not operating as Paul outlined, it is wrong. If there are a bunch of people speaking in tongues, wrong. If there is no interpretation, wrong. If there is more than three speaking, wrong. If there is no church accountability and discipline, wrong. If they teach Jesus + anything else, wrong. If they kneel before images of things on earth or in heaven, wrong. If they pray to anyone but God the Father, wrong. If they teach Jesus - anything else, wrong. If the pastor owns the church as a business, there's a good chance it's wrong.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:16 pm

BTW, I was in a Catholic church today for two masses. Customers of mine. I heard something I had not heard before. Jesus is in the midst when two or three are gathered together, but missionary Catholic churches that have not been commissioned by the Bishop don't have Jesus with them in the same way. Almost word for word. Never heard that one before. Anyone have an answer?
1 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:36 pm

I read Oswald Chambers just the other day and he said that only if we are perfectly obedient we will unlock the blessings that God has for us. I always thought that grace was specifically meant for those who would struggle to be obedient and at least half of the time fail. That's why it's called grace... Anyone have an answer?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:48 pm

who is Rich Mullins?
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:06 am

D-Pethead wrote:who is Rich Mullins?
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:22 pm

mikey32187 wrote:Whatever happened to calling a spade a spade?

Anytime anyone says anything the least bit critical the "judge not" radar pings off the charts. It gets annoying.

In the case of Rich Mullins he had some good tunes but for the most part he just does not sit well with me I too get that funny feeling.

Is he in Hell? I have no clue That is between him and God.

Michael
I have discovered the best way to deal with criticism is by either learning something from it if there is truth to it, or ignoring it if it isn’t true. Just sayin’. We do tend to get too easily rattled over stuff people might say here, and we’ve all done that at some time or another. It’s sort of a given when you hang out here long enough. :P :mrgreen: I do understand what Brent is saying in principle, although I do not think God took out Rich specifically. It was just his time.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:24 pm

D-Pethead wrote:who is Rich Mullins?
Daniel, is that you? :mrgreen: How are you doing?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Who is Daniel? Sounds like a great guy Shell!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:13 pm

He is a tech nerd that likes bee-uh.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic