A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: Benny Hinn

Post by Dan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 pm

I might give the Zone a break for a year, this place has become like Reddit.. you can't say anything.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:02 am

Dan wrote:I would be careful to not confuse disbelief or confusion with anger... If you know Brent or myself which you don't, you would know the tone of what is being said here is light hearted, neither Brent or myself hide behind an alias.

YEP!!
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:03 am

Dan wrote:I might give the Zone a break for a year, this place has become like Reddit.. you can't say anything.

Naw, that would be the wrong approach.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 am

some people get confused. They think that because we're Christians, we have to agree to accept everything, because unity is what we should strive for.
The unity we should strive for is unity in beliefs. The unity we should desire is in the church. We are not to be conformed to this world and should not be unified with it. We should not allow the world into the church and be unified with it there. We should be kind and loving, and not have to accept any line of bull crap that comes down from some flashy snake oil salesman on TV. Disagreement is not hate. I do not hate anyone here. If I come across harsh, you really just have to get to know me. A lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and I am seldom serious a day in my life.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Brent wrote:some people get confused. They think that because we're Christians, we have to agree to accept everything, because unity is what we should strive for.
No one here is saying anything remotely like that. I'm saying that if you're going to argue, to do so in an effective manner. If you're going to "expose error", then expose it rightly and well.

Galileo didn't just mock Aristotle. He provided evidence that Aristotle was wrong. He provided proof.
Brent wrote:We should be kind and loving, and not have to accept any line of bull crap that comes down from some flashy snake oil salesman on TV.
You are correct. But merely standing on the opposite side of the street as the snake oil salesman (SOS) and shouting at the crowd about what a fraud the SOS is is seldom effective. It makes you look, even if falsely so, like the bitter one. Exposing the SOS's wares as fraudulent is noble goal, so long as it does not supersede the preaching of the Gospel. But one must ask if one's methods actually accomplish that objective.
Brent wrote: Disagreement is not hate. I do not hate anyone here.
I never thought you hated anyone here. That's not my concern. My concern is that, due to some experiences with WoF heretical theology and flashy, emotion-manipulating, show oriented "ministries", you are personally bitter toward those who engage in this.

I don't blame you. If I had been personally involved with any of these guys the way I think I remember you saying you were at one time, I'm sure I'd be struggling with the same issues. I've had my own issues with church experiences which I will get into some other time.

All I know is, if you let the anger continue to grow inside, it will only hurt you, not the people who have done these things.

I know it's not anyone HERE you are angry at. And I get it. I understand being angry about heresy and dangerous doctrines, especially when you've seen them hurt people you love.

But don't let that anger eat you up inside.
Brent wrote:If I come across harsh, you really just have to get to know me. A lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and I am seldom serious a day in my life.
This isn't Facebook or the corner coffee house. This is a wide-open forum on the internet. Everyone IN THE WORLD can read what you type, and they have no way of knowing you.

You don't know who might hear a song, come by here to check out the band ... and what we have typed may make an eternal difference for that person.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:31 pm

I did expose him well, giving exact quotes.

John 7:24 says, "Stop judging according to outward appearances; rather judge according to righteous judgment."

In 1990, "The Spirit tells me Fidel Castro will die in the ’90s. Oh, my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed, but there will come a change in his physical health and he will not stay in power and Cuba will be visited of God." Did not happen.

In 1990, "The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid-90’s, about ’94, ’95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America. [Round of applause] But He will not destroy it with what many minds have thought Him to be. He will destroy it with fire, and many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed." Did not happen. In fact, homosexuality (only 2% of the US population) has gained political ground and is THE force to be reckoned with, above racism.

In 1993, he told the TBN audience that Jesus DID DO the following and that they caught Jesus on camera. They were going to play it on TBN. This did not happen, there was no video and nobody at TBN had the nuts to call him out. He said Jesus told the Holy Spirit to tell him personally that Jesus would show up and perform at the crusades in Nairobi, Kenya. "I believe – hear this, hear this – I believe that Jesus, God’s Son, is about to appear physically in meetings and to believers around the world to wake us up. He appeared after His resurrection and He’s about to appear before His second coming. You know, a prophetess sent me a word through my wife right here, and she said “Tell your husband that Jesus is going to physically appear in his meetings.” I’m expecting to see – I’m telling you, I feel it’s going to happen. I’m careful in how I’m saying it now, because I know that people in Kenya are listening. I know deep in my soul something supernatural is going to happen in Nairobi, Kenya. I feel that. I may very well come back – and you and Jan are coming. Paul and Jan are coming to Nairobi with me – But Paul, we may very well come back with footage of Jesus on the platform….Now hear this – I’m prophesying this: Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is about to appear physically in some churches and some meetings and to many of His people, for one reason – to tell you He’s about to show up." Did not happen.

in 1999 on TBN, “But here’s first what I see for TBN. You’re going to have people raised from the dead watching this network. You’re going to have people raised from the dead watching TBN….I’m telling you, I see this in the Spirit. It’s going to be so awesome – Jesus I give you praise for this – that people around the world – maybe not so much in America – people around the world who will lose loved ones, will say to undertakers ‘Not yet. I want to take my dead loved one and place him in front of that TV set for 24 hours’….I see rows of caskets lining up in front of this TV set and I see them bringing them closer to the TV set and as people are coming closer I see actual loved ones picking up the hands of the dead and letting them touch the screen and people are getting raised as their hands are touching that screen.” Did not happen.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:19 pm

brent wrote:Dudes, you all live under rocks if you have not seen or heard Hinn say this stuff. It HAS been documented by countless others. Heck, watch his own videos. Watch TBN. It's all out there. He should be living proof that he is NOT a quack. The burden of proof is not on us.

Read Counterfeit Revival available on CRI's website. Better yet, get the audio book. Hank uses their own words in context against scripture. He documents the majority of them.
I think a lot of folks prefer to live under a rock. It is the only theory I can surmise that will explain why a person will ignore a legitimate source of information in lieu of a propaganda source simply because the propaganda (Brietbart, RightWing Chick, etc...) lines up with their unchangeable view of the world. Benny Hinn would not be on TBN if a fraction of his stunts were true. Yet, he is all over and must be paying the bills.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 am

knotodiswrld wrote:Not that I am a big fan of Hinn's. But to start a thread just to tell us how awful this one guys is ... I feel like a band I know once recorded a song about this ...
Bob Hartman wrote: Everybody look there's a new bandwagon in town
Hop on board and let the wind carry you around
Seems like there's not enough to keep us busy till the Lord comes back
Don Quixote's gotta have another windmill to attack

We're on another witch hunt,
looking for evil wherever we can find it
Off on a tangent, hope the Lord won't mind it
Another witch hunt,
takin' a break from all our gospel labor
On a crusade but we forgot our saber

There's a new way to spend all our energies
We're up in arms instead of down on our knees
Walkin' over dollars trying to find another dime
Never mind the souls 'cause we really haven't got the time

We're on another witch hunt,
Another witch hunt,

Witch Hunt
Witch Hunt
Witch Hunt
Witch Hunt
Witch Hunt

So send out the dogs and tally ho
Before we sleep tonight we've got miles to go
No one is safe, no stone is left unturned
And we won't stop until somebody gets burned
Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro Brothers

Another witch hunt,
Another witch hunt,

Witch Hunt...
There's another Petra song that I think is more appropriate:
Pied Piper

It's not so hard to understand what people see in you
You tell them it's okay to have their cake and eat it too
You traded truth for Godless gain and no one will suspect
You're such a clever counterfeit of all that you reject

Pied piper, playin' the tune they want to hear
Putting a tickle in their ear
Pied piper, wanting them all to follow you
Not know where you lead them too
But all the time you're leading them astray

The sheep just sit there grinning as they listen to your lies
Never knowing when you pull the wool over their eyes
You've got them trained to say "How high?" whenever you say "Jump!"
And those who disagree with you, you always seem to stump

You may not mean to harm a soul you say you're innocent
But when the final tally comes, you made more than you spent
You knew they'd have to pay the price for listening to you
You knew before too long they'd have to pay the Piper too
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:58 pm

For those wanting proof, check out the audio book version of Counterfeit Christianity. Hank uses audio from Hine to prove his heresy. Check the archives of 20/20 and other programs who have proven Hine is a fraud. Check out the Christian watchdog groups racting finances, accountability, etc. Then there is me
I have mixed for the man.
0 x