A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Give Me an Answer by Shout [video]

Post by Jonathan » Sat May 23, 2015 11:38 am

If this isn't the rockstar-est video ever made, my name isn't Homer Jay Simpson.

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Give Me an Answer by Shout [video]

Post by executioner » Sat May 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I was a fan back in the day, don't recall ever seeing this, all I can say is "oh my".
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Tue May 26, 2015 10:15 am

Yeah, I just watched this one recently and thought it a low budget attempt at duplicating Stryper's Calling On You. It's a solid album though. One of my favorites. I could still listen for hours. They got together a few years back for a show in Germany I believe, and compared to other bands from that time they were, much like Stryper, very tight.
I wish they would hook up for something new. Would be cool to hear what they come up with.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Anything by Shout is cheesy. But, it was blending in with everything else back then.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Heck no. Great talent. Every song on their second disc is a winner to me. The drummer is really good.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:00 pm

The drummer in the video is Dean Castronova who went on to play in Hardline and Journey.

Ken told me once that Dean is a believer.

The drummer on the recording was a drum machine/sampler. Ken used the same sounds, all of the time.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by rexreed » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Dean was also the drummer for Bad English. Alas, poor grammar was the least of their concerns...
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:05 pm

The common thread through many of those groups (Journey, Bad English, Hardline, Soul Sirkus, etc) was Neal Schon.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by rexreed » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 am

Dean Castronovo might be out as drummer for Journey. A second domestic battery charge in the past few years has Journey touring with Omar Hakim. The band says Dean needs time to address his issues but Nina Blackwood said he was fired.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Add assault and rape to his charges now, no bail. He's done.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Drummer Deen Castronovo was arraigned Tuesday, on several charges, including rape and sexual assault, in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident on June 14.

Castronovo, 50, appeared in a suicide smock at the Marion County Courthouse Annex where he was formally charged with five counts of fourth-degree assault, one count of first-degree rape, two counts of menacing, one count of unlawful use of a weapon, one count of second-degree assault, one count of second-degree sex abuse, one count of coercion, one count of second-degree criminal mischief, and three counts of contempt of court, according to the indictment.

Court documents indicate Castronovo, who is the drummer for the rock band Journey, was arrested on a grand jury indictment Monday in Salem. The indictment indicates the alleged abuse took place between April 25, 2015, and June 29, 2015. He is scheduled to appear before the judge July 1st.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Yeah he has been fired according to what I'm hearing; Hakim is a really good drummer, but not sure if this is his cup of tea. My understanding is Hakim will be doing the summer tour and then the band will go from there. I know they are discussing making another album possibility this fall, but this incident would not stop that from happening. I would really like to see Steve Smith come back around but I think he has moved on.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Neal was on a radio station here this morning. Neal said that Steve Smith played with him, to work out ideas for the solo record. Omar played the tracks on the album. Neal and Omar are opening up for Journey this tour, playing Neal's solo stuff. So, this whole thing works out. From what they are saying, there is no Journey album in the works. There is no money in it and no interest from the fans. In interviews they have said the new music has not gone over well at shows, and the band has not benefitted monetarily.

Cain and Neal said Santana is going to tour and Neal will continue to fill in gaps with his solo shows. I think Journey is done for a while. It would be cool to see Steve Smith back.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 pm

brent wrote:Neal was on a radio station here this morning. Neal said that Steve Smith played with him, to work out ideas for the solo record. Omar played the tracks on the album. Neal and Omar are opening up for Journey this tour, playing Neal's solo stuff. So, this whole thing works out. From what they are saying, there is no Journey album in the works. There is no money in it and no interest from the fans. In interviews they have said the new music has not gone over well at shows, and the band has not benefitted monetarily.

Cain and Neal said Santana is going to tour and Neal will continue to fill in gaps with his solo shows. I think Journey is done for a while. It would be cool to see Steve Smith back.
Some things I've heard different; They would like to put out new music and the the last 2 albums have gone gold which is pretty heavy in today's market. Cain has been quoted in saying they make new music not for money but for the love of making new music. I know the two last tours I've seen Journey here in Dallas the crowd seemed to into the new material just as much as the old standards, and will go on to say that they only played 2 songs off of Eclipse and you could hear some of the crowd chanting for more new music; if they would play more new material I do believe the crowd would eat it up. BTW the tour last year was the most successful tour Journey has ever had attendance wise.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by rexreed » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:39 pm

During the Revelation tour Journey opened with Never Walk Away and you would have thought it was Anyway You Want It. I remember four new songs that show, not bad for a band with so many hits they can't play them all. Crowd was into 3 of the 4 new songs. Eclipse was not as well recieved, but hey, it's 2015 and Journey has a lot of songs... the Steve Augeri songs are never played, which is a shame because Higher Place is a kicking song!

The attorney for Dean claims he was on meth during the alleged rape. He is never going to play for Journey again.
0 x