Classic Petra Upate; Offical

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Classic Petra Upate; Offical

Post by Jonathan » Wed May 19, 2010 11:47 am

10 yrs, 3 albums
10 yrs, 1 album
<3 yrs, 1 album

Awesome. Have there been two people who got in contact with Petra's people and received identical information? Wake me up when something's official.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Separateunion and Hudsonpethead got basically the same answers, no 10 year contract, but less than 3 years, and CD's available through one of Sony's branches, and a nice tour to boot.

I Emailed Greg and Bob today about it all, hopefully they will give us some anwers.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu May 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Ok, so we have dates.
You have a "Routing Schedule."
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm

sue d. wrote:
Ok, so we have dates.
You have a "Routing Schedule."
Yes, the more I look at it, the more I agree with Sue here. What are the venues? As I said before, there are too many either/or dates to make me confident that these dates are anything more than a "here's the area we'd like to perform in."
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Goodness gracious great balls o’ fire you guys - If there’s a concert in your area, go to it and support them already! If they put out a CD buy it for cryin' out loud! :P
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Thu May 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Why is so hard to believe that Petra is touring, Bob confirmed it, do some people not want it to happen because John is not the singer this time around.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Thu May 20, 2010 6:23 pm

I have not seen any posts with anybody saying they didn't WANT it to happen. Again, people are reading too much into it.

For that matter, why can't people just go to the shows and enjoy them instead of debating about official and unofficial stuff.
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 pm

I didn't say there was any post I was just asking.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 pm

To me Bob is the boss. In the Petra Universe nothing gets done unless Bob is in. So I have no doubt that something great for the glory of God will come aout of this venture.

By the way if you read the E-mail in the other post, Bob sounds quite entuthiastic, compared to the "ducks in a row " E-mail he answered before. I was expecting a one liner like "Yes" or "Yep", but he went into detail and expressed their happiness and excitement with the reunion, and confirmed again that ClassicPetra.com is the official website, so everything and everybody listed on that website is official. So you guys know better, just feel the man! He is jumping around happy that a new breath of life has been brought unto Petra!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:30 pm

I've been posting information and video on my facebook page...I have been surprised and pleased at the number of "Wow!" responses I've been getting from people. People are really stoked about this when they find out...that bodes well for a successful Classic Petra tour! Boo Yah!
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

Post by epdc » Fri May 21, 2010 12:30 am

mmmmm I dont know guys, it seems so good to be true mmmm I´ll wait until I actually see it.... Let´s hope!!!!!! :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Listen

I'm the last person to try to stir up something...

Shell I hear ya when you say that people may be reading too much into posts by sue and a couple others but....

Sue what the heck?

Looks like a routing schedule? So what if it is? Why is it you have not made one positive comment? Everytime some info comes out you have jumped on it to downplay it or make it a negative. I love you sue but really?

I love john. I would be happy for him to do well. Anyone could get all negative on you posts and point out that to have a solo career you would have to technically do regular shows and not neccessarily be selling real estate.

Why can't you just be happy for those that are excited? Stop throwing water on everything.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Fri May 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Well I for one am satisfied with the info given and am happy to see it. Most people probably think i have been negative about this but we have been throwing around wishes and hopes about these reunions for years and then all of a sudden out of nowhere BAM!!! 40 dates, world tour, 3 albums, Sony records, 10 year deal, Greg, John, Bob, MArk & Louie.......Ya it is a little bit much to just take at face value. Even if it is just a routing schedule thats farther then we have every gotten before with a reunion.

Now I patiently wait with optimism growing for more information and specifics.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am

Enosh wrote:Listen

I'm the last person to try to stir up something...

Shell I hear ya when you say that people may be reading too much into posts by sue and a couple others but....

Sue what the heck?

Looks like a routing schedule? So what if it is? Why is it you have not made one positive comment? Everytime some info comes out you have jumped on it to downplay it or make it a negative. I love you sue but really?

I love john. I would be happy for him to do well. Anyone could get all negative on you posts and point out that to have a solo career you would have to technically do regular shows and not neccessarily be selling real estate.

Why can't you just be happy for those that are excited? Stop throwing water on everything.
Ask her how lifes treating her Enosh, your guaranteed there is more than meets the eye.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sat May 22, 2010 11:58 am

Good grief guys, why does this have to be about anyone's ulterior motives? Sue, Brent, Enosh and petranite all raised some valid issues, and they all have an understanding of how the music biz can be. Ultimately this isn't about us or the band members or what's official and what isn't, it's about what GOD wants. We would probably be wise now to just give Him some room to do His work. We have the information available, what we do with it now is up to us.

For myself, I plan to enjoy any concerts that might be close enough for me to make it to.
0 x