CDs are different to the Downloads

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Re: CDs are different to the Downloads

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 am

Matthew RJ wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
Preacherman777 wrote:All I'm saying is that it took a lot of effort to repair some of the broken bridges here, so let's not make light of it now, by taking cheap shots. Comments like that simply are not respectful. They may be funny to some, but they could be hurtful to others.
Looks like I missed out on the fireworks, because I have no idea what incident you folks are referring to.
Just like Life of Brian where there's a split between the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea, or a split between the followers of Brian, it seems thepetrazone was too small for all types of Petra fans. So a group split off to start a new board for just Classic Petra.
Someone started a board, I don't think there was a split, I think they are still here. There are many people on here who have their own Petra boards, so I don't see the problem with it As a matter of fact, I think that new board was created before things got really heated. I think people are making a bigger deal about stuff when it dosn't need to be. Everything is fine and we're a family here, we all know this.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

jonmcg93
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1985

Post by jonmcg93 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am

FWIW I'm on another petra board too, I like both boards.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:10 am

The people running the Classic Petra board and the people running this board are not at odds with each other. There were some issues in the past, but they've been ironed out and things are good. This is why I've been saying let's leave that stuff in the past.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Well if that's how it's going to be, I'm going to start my own forum exclusively for Petra fans with the screen name "Mountain Man".
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:08 am

Mountain Man wrote:Well if that's how it's going to be, I'm going to start my own forum exclusively for Petra fans with the screen name "Mountain Man".
I think p-freak sounds a lot like Mountain man. Can I join? :lol:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 am

Good LAWD, can we just get back to CITAS/CITaS/CITS thing? This other stuff is getting old.

Seriously, there should be more boards. There are surface fans that will like anything the guys do. There are hardcore fans that know what kind of peanuts and Mickey shorts the guys like. There are far left and right extremes in either case. More boards is more exposure for the band. Someone needs to be working on that.

BTW, I keep listening to the J&H disc, and I think it grows on me more and more each time. What a good record for that band to go out on. Too bad Paul didn't play on it.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 am

Brent, is Paul's drumming style growing on you? I seem to remember you not digging his double-kick action. Though I agree, I would have loved to hear him on JAH.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:11 am

I really think the more forums & fan sites the better, I was worried after Petra retired that Petra sites would disappear and for the most part they have. That's why I left my Aussie fan site up just to make sure Petra wasn't forgotten. Sites like MJ's http://www.guidetopetra.com/ are still there and get updated. Josh's http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ is still there too.

The very first Petra site I found was Douglas Sands Petra page.. in 1994, until I read that I had no idea Bob had left Petra.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 am

Re: Paul...It is just a matter of honoring him, more than anything. I think he deserved to be on a studio record. While I was not a fan of the over-kick-lification of songs, he DID bring some energy and a breath of fresh air to the stage.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 am

The other thing about Paul is he is a really cool bloke, character + talent.

Celinha from Brazil was so upset when Paul got married, she adores him.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:16 pm

brent wrote:Seriously, there should be more boards.
It would be nice, but Petra has essentially become an obscure band, so you're not going to see a lot of fansites floating around. Most people I encounter who even remember them these days invariably ask, "So whatever happened to them?" When I say, "They're still making music," they express mild surprise and then show no further interest in the subject.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:29 am

Mountain Man wrote:
brent wrote:Seriously, there should be more boards.
It would be nice, but Petra has essentially become an obscure band, so you're not going to see a lot of fansites floating around. Most people I encounter who even remember them these days invariably ask, "So whatever happened to them?" When I say, "They're still making music," they express mild surprise and then show no further interest in the subject.
Josh established a messageboard at petrarocksmyworld.com, but I think it never really got going. It's still there and occasionally someone posts there.

I always thought that there were many more good fansites for Petra than for any other band. We have guidetopetra.com, petrarocksmyworld.com, petrafiles.com, petrafiles.com/petraspective. Basically johnwschlitt.com also started out as a fansite. There are also a lot of non-English fansites around.

In the last couple of years we lost a few websites. Petrameansrock.com is no more and we also lost petramasalladelafe.com.ar (where is Ezequiel?).

So even though for some people Petra is quite obscure, there are many fans around with good quality fansites.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:55 am

Woah that site is mad!

Matthew I think I went to high school with this person, this person used to read buffy scripts between classes.

Why ohhh why! did it have to be an Australian! :D
0 x