Will there be more from Petra?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Re: Will there be more from Petra?

Post by zman7720000 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 am

Just found out that Classic Petra has switched from William Morris Endeavors to H2O for booking purposes. I'm not sure if that is a step up or down! Their quoting me a price of $7500. To 10k a pop!
Last edited by zman7720000 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

Post by superfly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:21 am

Lexington, you'll want to check out their website at ClassicPetra.com. The Back to the Rock CD, like Preacherman said, consists of 10 songs from Never Say Die through Beat The System plus two new ones. The ten, however, are all newly recorded versions so it's definitely something you'd want to check out. The best part of the DVD (in my opinion) is the documentary...it's awesome! I've watched it several times, with my favorite parts being when they talk about "God Gave Rock-n-Roll to You" and about the backmasking controversy.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:38 pm

75k for a show is chump change for a secular buyer/venue. 75k for a Christian buyer in the USA is high. Things cost what they cost though. If you want a real, big, show, this is what you will have to pay.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 pm

superfly wrote:Lexington, you'll want to check out their website at ClassicPetra.com. The Back to the Rock CD, like Preacherman said, consists of 10 songs from Never Say Die through Beat The System plus two new ones. The ten, however, are all newly recorded versions so it's definitely something you'd want to check out. The best part of the DVD (in my opinion) is the documentary...it's awesome! I've watched it several times, with my favorite parts being when they talk about "God Gave Rock-n-Roll to You" and about the backmasking controversy.
Wow... I'm getting these over the weekend. I can't wait!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Just checked out ClassicPetra.com. I feel like I'm arriving at the party so late I almost missed it. Now I get it. This Petra lineup is on tour. Wow, wow, wow! I'm getting 100% behind this effort. The Lord must have been watching out for me and brought me back to the Zone so I could find out about this before I missed it, knowing how completely CRUSHED I would have been! I just hope they come somewhere remotely close to Lexington, KY!
0 x

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

Post by superfly » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

Lexington, your enthusiasm is contagious and refreshing. You may also want to check out John Schlitt's website (johnwschlitt.com) and read up on his new project he's working on. It's going to be an all-out rocker and hopefully will be out by the holidays, though I don't know that for sure. We've been blessed as Petra fans with a new CD and DVD from Classic Petra and now a new CD from John, and hopefully another new CD from Classic Petra again next year!
0 x

LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1993

Post by LivingRock » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 pm

superfly wrote: We've been blessed as Petra fans with a new CD and DVD from Classic Petra and now a new CD from John, and hopefully another new CD from Classic Petra again next year!
Yeah, how awesome is it that we get to have both Greg Volz and John Schlitt! Double- whammy! :mrgreen:
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:33 pm

superfly wrote:Lexington, your enthusiasm is contagious and refreshing. You may also want to check out John Schlitt's website (johnwschlitt.com) and read up on his new project he's working on. It's going to be an all-out rocker and hopefully will be out by the holidays, though I don't know that for sure. We've been blessed as Petra fans with a new CD and DVD from Classic Petra and now a new CD from John, and hopefully another new CD from Classic Petra again next year!
I've had a bit to catch up on with my absence from the Zone. Discovering the goodness of Classic Petra - the CD and DVD - , John's new solo ROCKER -- and the upcoming Pethead Convention Indy -- it seems that when Petra bade us Farewell in 2006, it was really just the beginning of a new Petra era - one that I am thrilled to experience. After all, I'm a classic rock kind of guy, and I can listen to the Petra's old stuff over and over and over. I can't think of anything more exciting (except for a brand new Petra project) than to hear the newly recorded classic tunes I grew to love back in my college years! And I'll be experiencing John's new CD as soon as it drops!
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: I can't decide!
Pethead since: 1994

Post by Pethead94 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:03 pm

It's better to be late to the party than to not arrive at all...
0 x
"Just reach out, and He'll reach in..." - John Schlitt
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a12ea7398a
^The link to my Classic Petra Myrtle Beach photos... Check them out!