Classic Petra - The Upcoming New Album.

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Classic Petra - The Upcoming New Album.

Post by brent » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Personally, I never was a big Guardian fan, and it does not surprise me that there aren't enough old fans willing to chip in.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Tanked? it's not done yet... they have 24 hours to go.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gua ... t?ref=live
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

They still have 3 weeks!
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah, was gonna say they still have 23 days, but the progress has been pretty much snail paced. I don't know. People just don't seem to be that interested in seeing this one happen. Maybe the disappointment with their last full album Bottle Rocket was just too great. I think they would have got a lot more support from the hard rock and metal heads if they had come out and said they were going to make an old school hard rockin' album, but they haven't done that and I think without that assurance, many feel it's just too much of a risk, especially when you have to chip in at least 30 bucks just to get a CD rather than a download. Those old school fans still like their CDs.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:Yeah, was gonna say they still have 23 days, but the progress has been pretty much snail paced. I don't know. People just don't seem to be that interested in seeing this one happen. Maybe the disappointment with their last full album Bottle Rocket was just too great. I think they would have got a lot more support from the hard rock and metal heads if they had come out and said they were going to make an old school hard rockin' album, but they haven't done that and I think without that assurance, many feel it's just too much of a risk, especially when you have to chip in at least 30 bucks just to get a CD rather than a download. Those old school fans still like their CDs.
My thoughts exactly. When you only have two albums that all of your fans can agree were great albums, and the second of those came out 20 years ago, well... hard to rally the troops on that.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

thetoonguy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by thetoonguy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Here's my thing: It seems that as each Classic Christian band/artist gets into Kickstarter, what you get for your pledge money diminishes. With John Schlitt, you got 2 signed CDs for your $30 pledge. Awesome! With John Elefante, you got 1 signed CD with your $30 pledge. Not as good, but signed at least. Guardian's $30 pledge is just one CD, not even signed. Meh. I'll wait until it comes out and buy it for $10-15. Love Guardian and even Bottle Rocket but I'm not spending $50 for it to be signed...
0 x

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Guardian has just changed their rewards. You now get a CD with $20. Better than it was, anyway. I'd like to hear new Guardian.
0 x

reopugh
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by reopugh » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

brent wrote:Personally, I never was a big Guardian fan, and it does not surprise me that there aren't enough old fans willing to chip in.
They hit the goal!
0 x
Rob Pugh
Classic Christian Rock
Preservation Society
Keeping Classic Christian Rock Alive!

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Petrafan327 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 am

I heard their next album is gonna be 10 new and 2 oldies.
0 x
"I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men than a fool in the eyes of God"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Petrafan327/featured

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm

And recording has been postponed untill all Touring is done for this year.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010

Re: CP-New Record

Post by Petrafan327 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:03 am

brent wrote:The E brothers and John Lawry completely excluded Louie from all of those albums except for overdubbing cymbals and playing syncopated hi-hat stuff. You are not bashing them?
What are you talking about?? Louie Weaver is listed as the ONLY drummer on all of the Elefante albums. And I personally love This Means War!, On Fire! and Beyond Belief.
0 x
"I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men than a fool in the eyes of God"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Petrafan327/featured

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 am

Petrafan327 wrote:
brent wrote:The E brothers and John Lawry completely excluded Louie from all of those albums except for overdubbing cymbals and playing syncopated hi-hat stuff. You are not bashing them?
What are you talking about?? Louie Weaver is listed as the ONLY drummer on all of the Elefante albums. And I personally love This Means War!, On Fire! and Beyond Belief.
Just because he was listed in the credits doesn't mean he actually played on those albums. A large majority of Louie's work was overdubbed with samples to give the drums that punchy 90s sound. There are several ways to achieve this, such as having the drummer play and then laying down samples beat for beat over the playing, creating the basic drum track electronically and then having the drummer come in to add his own flourishes, and creating the drum track entirely from samples without the involvement of the drummer. My understanding is that the Elefante Bros. used all of these techniques to varying degrees.

For that matter, Mark Kelly and Louie Weaver are in the liner notes for Beat the System even though neither one of them played a lick on the album.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 am

Petrafan327 wrote:
Louie played very little if anything on the E Brothers albums, and didn't play a lick on any of the JDB Era(81-85) albums, a session drummer was brought in for those.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 pm

It's not uncommon for session musicians to be brought in for a studio recording. In fact a lot of people might be surprised how bad their favorite artist is in studio compared to a live performance.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:33 pm

rexreed wrote:It's not uncommon for session musicians to be brought in for a studio recording. In fact a lot of people might be surprised how bad their favorite artist is in studio compared to a live performance.
The original drummer for The Beatles, Pete Best, was in this boat. He was by most accounts passable on stage and extremely popular with the ladies, but he couldn't maintain a steady rhythm in the studio to save his life. That's why Ringo Starr was offered the gig, although in a curious twist, in Ringo's first studio session with The Beatles, he was replaced at the last minute by a studio drummer!

Pete Best got his revenge years later with an album titled Best of The Beatles, an original work featuring Best of The Beatles, as in Pete Best, former drummer of The Beatles. It sold quite a few copies, too.
0 x