Recent Guest Appearances by John Schlitt

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Recent Guest Appearances by John Schlitt

Post by p-freak » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:47 am

I've recently found some guest appearances by John Schlitt that are not very well known. I have uploaded mp3's of these three songs for anyone to listen to for a limited period of time. I will delete them in the first week of August.

The first song I've uploaded is a new recording (1998) of Morgan Cryar's song Pray In The USA. The song was originally recorded in the '80s. For his best of release What Sin? in 1998 Cryar re-recorded the song and asked some friends to sing along in the Morgan Tabernacle Choir. Both John Schlitt and Bob Hartman participate in this choir. I have the single release for this song and it has a picture of the choir with John and Bob. You can download the song here.

The second song is a track from the album Real Life (2003) by Silers Bald. John Schlitt is credited for background vocals on the song So On. You can download the song here.

The third song is a track from the self-titled debut-album of the band Everlife (2004). The album is produced by John's son-in-law Dan Needham. Schlitt is credited for vocals on the song Take A Ride. You can download the song here.

More information of these albums is available at http://home.filternet.nl/~p.th.vanwinge ... guest.html.

If you're interested in keeping these songs I encourage you to buy the original albums. Cryar's album is rather hard to find, but the albums of Real Life and Everlife are still available.
0 x

davealward
Pethead
Pethead

everlife

Post by davealward » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:36 am

"Take a ride" is a kickbutt song, a great oldschool rocker! Schlitt also once sang on a song "Carry the light" on a various artists tape I had. It was a "We are the World" type thing. Anyone have further info on that project or how to get it???
0 x
Why don't you look into Jesus, He's got the answer!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:05 am

The best place to find stuff like that is e-Bay. Amazon.com has a pretty good selection too.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:12 pm

I have the "Carry the Light" tape. I found it on eBay once. Unfortunately there's no CD for this project.

I think I converted the song to mp3 some time ago. I'll try to find the song and post it here, but the quality might be rather bad, since it was a cassette to computer transfer, using a very old and very simple Sony cassette player. But I'll have to find it first.
0 x

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:22 pm

"Take A Ride" is a *good* song. If a lot of Everlife's songs are like that I might need to pick up a CD or two.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

anybody?

Post by gman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:47 pm

Anybody use ITunes? You might find some of the songs you are looking for there. The audio quality is not as good as a store bought CD, but it's still decent for burning a CD for your car or wherever.
0 x