Photos from Petra's last show in Murphy, NC

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi Bogy - I heard Mark mention you on ATWRadio! Artur... nice to see you post again! Glad you like the photos. I've done better; the lighting was tough to work around. Ah well....
I know what you mean. I put in a Petra cd and start crying. My wife doesn't understand. She keeps asking what's wrong with me.
It's really hard to explain how you feel to someone who doesn't share the same passion for the music, for the band - for the individual members and what they are feeling. Endings are so sad; I don't deal with endings and good-byes very well. I usually go into an emotion spin for a while.

That's why we have the Zone - we can all give a mass Pethead hug to each other and cry on each other's shoulders. :cry:

On the other hand, I for one have been waiting (in a strange sense) for this day to come. I know in my heart that the Lord has so much more for John to do, but with Petra in place, being the main focus - it was difficult for John to put alot of effort into his own particular ministry. Petra was the main deal, and rightly so.

I also know that when it comes to John, I've been put in his life for a reason. I never asked the Lord to be a promoter, a webmaster or a booking agent - it all came to me, one thing right after another. I didn't pursue any of it, nor did I ask for it. It just happened. And I love doing it.

And now, with Petra ending, it's John's turn to move forward. And I'm feeling a definite responsibility to help in this area, but I'm also feeling very... I don't know what word to use.... unsure... ?

Whether anyone wants to acknowledges it or not, I AM John's booking agent, (along with Huie) and feel a real responsibility to do my best for him. I know I haven't done much of anything this past year because of Petra and their tour.

But now... the field is wide open. It's time for me to get going.... and the responsibility I'm feeling is very strong... and very heavy.
0 x

brothertom
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brothertom » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:21 pm

I just sent a few pics from Dawsonville and Murphy to Sue for posting on johnwschlitt.com. I'll also let you know when I get 'em posted in pretty much their entirety on my site.

Sue, I know what you mean about the lighting. There seemed to be alot of red in there. I got one to come out almost like the Beat the System album cover. With the exception of those big blinders, though, I thought the lights were done really well at Murphy.

Tom

http://home.comcast.net/~pethead/john_bts.jpg
0 x

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:03 pm

Shell wrote:Okay, so what is Celinha doing sitting next to Paul in that pic, I am SO totally jealous. :lol: :P

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :wink:
Well I'm going to tell you what I was doing sitting next to Paul :roll: :roll: hahaha... maybe now after I say that I stayed 7 days with these guys you must be more jealous than of this pic. I took this pic in 2004 but now I have more pics and lots of things to tell same hotel, same car, having breakfast, lunch and dinner together wow God is good to me! it was a great tour and travel with them is awesome, funny, many things to say about them :P but when I remember that it was a farewell tour it's sad and when we were at the airport and we have to say bye I cried a lot :cry: :cry: :cry: John said: hey girl I'll see you again :wink: but I still crying but I have one more chance to see these guys again I hope so...
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:27 pm

That is so cool you got to travel with them, Celinha. E-mail or send me a private message some time and tell me about it. :)

And yes, you're right, I'm even more jealous. :wink:
0 x

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:58 pm

8) I'll Email you and when I get some free time I'll put AIM again because I dont know where it is so I'm using just MSN :shock: :shock: so we can chat someday! see ya :wink:
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

Around The World Radio
Pethead
Pethead

more pics from New Years Eve and past midnight in Murphy

Post by Around The World Radio » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:26 pm

0 x
also you can connect with us
email: [email protected]
www.aroundtheworldradio.org
www.ilovejamaica.org