Murphy, NC

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
khanscom
Pethead
Pethead

Murphy, NC

Post by khanscom » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:23 pm

New years eve was nothing short of awesome! We drove ten hours, and saw both shows from right up in the front. They really worked hard that night. Greg X. Volz sat in for the acoustic set(s) and did a solo opener for the second show. The band was at the signing table till very early in the am (sometime after 2 am). They were real troopers to still push themselves to the very end for us crazy Petheads. It was the best of the shows we saw of the farewell tour. The most incredible Judas' Kiss rendition ever! The place was filled with the Spirit, and they had fun, which was rewarding to see. The host church did a great job of promoting and letting the band know that they were loved. Such a bittersweet event tho'. Does anybody have website or email for Greg and Paul? Bob and John are easy enough to reach, but it would be nice to be able to lift up the other guys, and keep them all in our prayers. Their ministry will continue long after their performances. We need to find out how to campaign for induction into the Rock Hall of Fame! The 25 year criteria is met...Thanks, guys!
0 x
Therewill be PETRA music in Heaven!

-keven-

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:51 pm

Yes I have emailed and talked to Greg and Paul I have lift them up since I met them in Brazil and it's great because we became friends, I always prayed for all Petra members and now I continue praying more and more for them... but I'm sure God is preparing a good band for them because these guys deserves. Also we have to find out how to put them in hall of fame 8) 8)
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:57 am

BrotherTom, nice pictures. I bet that front row seat helped. Nice seeing you again.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:36 pm

Good pics. The one where Paul has his arm around John is sweet.
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

Greg setlist?

Post by shaabyi » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:38 pm

What did Greg play for his set that he opened with at the Petra concert?
0 x

jacuzzi
Pethead
Pethead

Greg's Opening

Post by jacuzzi » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:14 pm

I remember 'More Power to Ya' , 'Grave Robber' and 'The Coloring Song' . Some others I can't think of off the top of my head and I haven't had time to review the video I took. Overall the night was unbelievable! I am still in a haze. It feels like a dream that we hosted a Petra concert, much less the the final concert! God is good! He does give you the desires of your heart!
Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

Hey Jacuzzi

Post by shaabyi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:35 am

Hey Jacuzzi

Please shoot me an email when you get a chance.

[email protected]

Shaabyi
0 x

Secondwind
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Secondwind » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:06 pm

I was at the 10 show in murphy and have the setlist if anyone is interested.
0 x