thoughts

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

thoughts

Post by PetFCtr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:57 pm

This is a loaded post.

I have some questions about the Petra Farewell CD. I hear Bob Hartman's name introduced by John Schlitt after some guitar work on some songs and the solo. I hear Pauls name introduced after his drum work towards the end of Amazing Grace. Gregs name is never introduced I thought it may have been fitting towards the middle of Right Place when he did his cool bass bit. I'm assuming that during the show he was introduced and it didnt end up on the cd, if thats the case that would stink for Greg.

Some questions have risen on what Johns future holds. Maybe he can dive into producing maybe even create a record label. I saw an add in one of the CCM magazines that I have for ICON productions..Looks like a label he created. Does he still have it or did it go nowhere. Maybe that something he could tackle again. He has his carpentry too. His family is pretty much set for life...His wife has a business also.

Greg and Paul.. They should have absolutely no problem going forward..I love listening to they're work on the Farewell CD.

Bob people say he is set for life...Are we basing that on the money he has accumulated with reguards to the 7 million units in sales from the 33 years..I know he has a studio...He could produce. Teach guitar lessons? What else does he have in his bag.

In Christ

Rich
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:50 pm

Things are bound to be cut when a live CD is put together; I don't think it's a matter of deliberately leaving anyone out. Greg was probably introduced at some point. He doesn't strike me as the type who would make a big deal out of that. I'm just glad I get to hear him on the CD. :wink:

The guys may not be completely sure themselves what they're going to be doing, but I can imagine them wanting a little time off before they make definite plans.
0 x

petrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:07 pm

how about that part of You're On The Right Place where the band inserted the riff of Rush's YYZ? i thought it was cool.
0 x
i wanna live until i die.

Secondwind
Pethead
Pethead

Re: petra & kiss

Post by Secondwind » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:31 pm

petrafan1 wrote:has anyone else noticed that the guitar part in seen and not heard sounds like the chorus in kiss' heavens on fire. anyone else have any thoughts on that?
And ironically the next year Kiss redid 'God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You' for the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey soundtrack.

The coincidence is just too much, it must have been deliberate by Kiss.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 pm

The coincidence is just too much, it must have been deliberate by Kiss. (shamelessly copied from Secondwind's post)

:lol:
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Re: thoughts

Post by Edward » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:00 pm

PetFCtr wrote:This is a loaded post.

I have some questions about the Petra Farewell CD. I hear Bob Hartman's name introduced by John Schlitt after some guitar work on some songs and the solo. I hear Pauls name introduced after his drum work towards the end of Amazing Grace. Gregs name is never introduced I thought it may have been fitting towards the middle of Right Place when he did his cool bass bit. I'm assuming that during the show he was introduced and it didnt end up on the cd, if thats the case that would stink for Greg.
We know he played, Greg knows he played, the DVD will reveal that he played, he is in the credits, he got paid. who cares? Anyone in the industry will know who he is and what he did.
PetFCtr wrote: Some questions have risen on what Johns future holds. Maybe he can dive into producing maybe even create a record label. I saw an add in one of the CCM magazines that I have for ICON productions..Looks like a label he created. Does he still have it or did it go nowhere. Maybe that something he could tackle again. He has his carpentry too. His family is pretty much set for life...His wife has a business also.
Sue can elaborate if she hasn't already. A label would be suicide. If John has to work for his livelyhood, a lable would be the last smart thing to do. It requires a load of cash and credit. If one had that already, why risk it?

Greg and Paul.. They should have absolutely no problem going forward..I love listening to they're work on the Farewell CD.

Bob people say he is set for life...Are we basing that on the money he has accumulated with reguards to the 7 million units in sales from the 33 years..I know he has a studio...He could produce. Teach guitar lessons? What else does he have in his bag.

In Christ

Rich[/quote]
PetFCtr wrote:
Bob owns Petra. He IS Petra when it comes to the recording, publishing, etc. Bob should be in good shape. I hear from past members that he is a good business man, good with money.

John is on record saying that he has no nest egg and must do something. Only he knows his situation. It is awfully late in life to get another job by the world's standards. But, we aren't held to that are we?
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Re: petra & kiss

Post by Edward » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:03 pm

petrafan1 wrote:has anyone else noticed that the guitar part in seen and not heard sounds like the chorus in kiss' heavens on fire. anyone else have any thoughts on that?
That's been discussed thoroughly over at www.petrarocksmyworld.com. There are all kinds of rumors. Truth be known, KISS has no idea who Petra is. Petra did not put "God Gave Rock and Roll" on the map. That was Argent. Bob says that he hasn't heard of "Heaven's on Fire".

There are only so many notes and chords folks. It's bound to happen sometime.
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Re: thoughts

Post by PetFCtr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:06 pm

Edward wrote:
PetFCtr wrote:This is a loaded post.

We know he played, Greg knows he played, the DVD will reveal that he played, he is in the credits, he got paid. who cares? Anyone in the industry will know who he is and what he did.
PetFCtr wrote: Some questions have risen on what Johns future holds. Maybe he can dive into producing maybe even create a record label. I saw an add in one of the CCM magazines that I have for ICON productions..Looks like a label he created. Does he still have it or did it go nowhere. Maybe that something he could tackle again. He has his carpentry too. His family is pretty much set for life...His wife has a business also.
Sue can elaborate if she hasn't already. A label would be suicide. If John has to work for his livelyhood, a lable would be the last smart thing to do. It requires a load of cash and credit. If one had that already, why risk it?

In Christ

Rich
PetFCtr wrote:
Bob owns Petra. He IS Petra when it comes to the recording, publishing, etc. Bob should be in good shape. I hear from past members that he is a good business man, good with money.

John is on record saying that he has no nest egg and must do something. Only he knows his situation. It is awfully late in life to get another job by the world's standards. But, we aren't held to that are we?
The record industry=mammon
edward=brent

i'm sure greg did get paid. gimme a break was just pointing out that I didnt hear gregs name introduced, grag bailey's that is.

Hey if your good with money thats all that matters right. I thought Petra belonged to Jesus and yes I know what you mean.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:17 pm

Rich, amigo, if this is a loaded post you're the one who is making it that way. If you'll read Edward's or whoever's post again he did answer the question you had and he didn't say they shouldn't be about Jesus. Think about it.
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:20 pm

Come on. Bob owns Petra as far as the legals, financials, banks, etc are concerned. You guys that get caught up with pedantics are a twist.

We live in the world. We are not called to be on another planet. We are called to be salt and light, living right here, right now. It was God that put the wealth, justice and brains for an economy here. It was not the devil. Satan has no creative power. We are to be good with money, that's called stewardship, because the money is all Gods.
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetFCtr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:21 pm

Edward wrote:Come on. Bob owns Petra as far as the legals, financials, banks, etc are concerned. You guys that get caught up with pedantics are a twist.

We live in the world. We are not called to be on another planet. We are called to be salt and light, living right here, right now. It was God that put the wealth, justice and brains for an economy here. It was not the devil. Satan has no creative power. We are to be good with money, that's called stewardship, because the money is all Gods.
Hey watch it with those fancy words like "pedantics" I didnt take high level english classes in school. What does that word mean.

Oh and well said ed/brent about the other part of your post I agree with ya

In Christ
Rich
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:08 pm

www.dictionary.com

Also, "being for Jesus" doesn't put clothes on my plate and food on my back.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:44 am

Some questions have risen on what Johns future holds. Maybe he can dive into producing maybe even create a record label. I saw an add in one of the CCM magazines that I have for ICON productions..Looks like a label he created. Does he still have it or did it go nowhere.
That was a number of years ago... it was a partnership between 3 people. One of the fellas turned out to be a bit of a shady fellow, and ran the company into the ground before it ever got started. So no, this isn't an option.
He has his carpentry too. His family is pretty much set for life...His wife has a business also.
No, hardly. John is nowheres near set for life. He's almost 56 years old, and has nothing to fall back on, financially. Everything was put into Petra when he took over the business at the time Bob retired. Everything.

Dorla does not have a business. She works as a pre-school director for their church - certainly nothing you can retire on.

This is why it's so much on my heart to work on the booking for him. It may not be enough to build up a retirement nest egg... but then again - with God all things are possible!!
0 x

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:39 pm

"being for Jesus" doesn't put clothes on my plate and food on my back.
"If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?"

Couldn't resist. :)
0 x
[url=http://www.picturetrail.com/char000]CIP[/url] -slowly but steadily coming along... [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0011.gif[/img]