Prayer and Fast Day This Week

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Prayer and Fast Day This Week

Post by calicowriter » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:56 am

What do you all think of the idea of having the prayer and fast day on Wednesday this week since it will be Ash Wednesday (a traditional day of fasting) and the beginning of the Lenten season?

If you have any special prayer requests, be sure to post them, or you can send me or Cat a private message if you have a request you'd like for us to post.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:00 am

It's really the praying that's important, not what day it's on, so it doesn't matter to me if it's on Wednesday, I'm fine with that.
0 x

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

Cool!

Post by ctwomn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:33 pm

That is totaly fine w/ me for this week! BUT...we need to e-mail Sue and let her know. That girl.....prolly tanning on the beach as we speak!

Please e-mail me or just post your requests WED! :)
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

more???

Post by epdc » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:03 pm

more tanning than she is now? :o hehehehehe, i like her skin color :) ya know like tanned :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1972

Post by johnathan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Please be praying for one of my friends,he lost his niece this weekend.Pray for them to be able to get through this hard time. Also pray for my kidneys,I have been able to pass two since the last time I was at the Dr.,but now I have one that is stuck and giving me a hard time. Also be praying for Meagan as time is getting closer for the birth of our little girl.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:22 am

Remember that our Prayer and Fast Day is tomorrow, not today. Obviously it won't hurt to pray today too! :)

Johnathan, prayers are already on the way, but I'll post your request again tomorrow.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:41 am

I'm with you on it.... thank goodness for international internet cafes! Can't keep a good net junkie down!

I'll be there with you all on Wed. Since I'm on vacation, it'll be a bit tough to fast the whole day - but I'll certainly join in on the prayer end of it. I'll drop in and post something tomorrow.

Elo, you'll laugh when you see me after these two weeks - I'm not really that tan normally, but after vacation - I'll look like an Indian.

If you want to see where I'm at, check out: www.playalinda.com

Catch you on the prayer side tomorrow!
0 x

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

enosh

Post by ctwomn » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:12 pm

Kinda neat...there you are (Sue) and here we are...no distance in prayer!!

Enosh sent me an e-mail today...we need to be praying for him and his family. I am still not clear who this is reguarding but...someone in his family is dealing with a tumor situation. He would like to find no evidence of this as they do the next test. We will be praying for you!

Here is a list of other prayer requests

1) MJ...Job
2) More music opportunities for me and him
3) Sue...John/booking
Sue....Relaxation while on vacation
4) John book and finding a publisher
5) Sam...music opportunities
5) Band members/for provision and jobs
6) Jonathan/ wife's easy delivery
7) Enosh/ Health for him and his family

keep postin!

If you would like to post a prayer for any of these...do so..and we can agree along w/ you!!

Thanks!
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:28 pm

I have a requesting about me is for God gives me strenght to study for a contest here that is very difficult, I'm very busy these days with lots of subjects but I belive that God has the best for us. Also for my friend Daniel from Australia for strenght and guidance in his life.
Thanks
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:38 pm

I was going to post a prayer request for you, Celinha. You beat me to it. :)

We should pray for guidance for John, Bob, Paul and Greg and that the guys surround themselves with people who have hearts for the Lord, and the Lord protects them, cuz they're probably going to be dealing with attacks during this transitional time. And of course for concert opportunities for John.

My oldest brother and his wife and baby just moved to Houston because of a job transfer, they need prayer that things go smoothly.
0 x

Fobers71
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Fobers71 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:42 am

I'd like prayer for my foot. I have been in pain for almost two weeks now and I don't know what I did. I am going to the foot doctor today but it has really made my life more complicated becasue I can't get around.
0 x
Jon Fobes
Ohio

Rocking with Petra since 1986