DALLAS SHOW ANYBODY?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

DALLAS SHOW ANYBODY?

Post by executioner » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:56 am

Are any of you around planning on going? I will be there with my wife. Let me know if any of you are going and maybe we could hook up.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

going

Post by Michael » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:29 pm

MeerCat and I may be going, but it depends on whether our Sentra heals well after its surgery (we had some major oil leaks fixed last week and it's running a little rough and burning some oil in the wake of that).
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

your sentra

Post by executioner » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:36 pm

I hope you get it fixed. Did the mechanic say it would be running a little rough after this service? I know on Nissians, the plug wires are very sensitive to anything, it might running a rough because of that.
0 x

Kaiser
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kaiser » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:42 pm

:) Long time browser, first time signing in. My wife and I will be attending
the Petra concert in Dallas, of course we will be driving 6hrs. to attend.
Well worth the drive. Long live Petra and their music.

Manuel
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

info on thedoordallas

Post by executioner » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:39 am

I hope us petheads that show up for the concert will be able to get together and meet a little bit before the show. Some suggestions for the show.

1. Show up early. There always is a line because it's in the club area (Deep Ellem) of Dallas. People show up because there is a concert, not because it's Petra.
2. Be prepared to stand. They never open the doors on time, and there is NO seats inside.
3. Be prepared to wait on the restrooms; They are not large.
4. I would not bring anything that could get easily stolen(it's a rough crowd) This place will be packed with 600-800 people. The Fire Marshall will not allow anymore than that.
5. When arriving park on the roof, and when leaving you will have to go through the heart of the club district for Dallas, so close your eyes, it can be x-rated. :lol:

Evertime I've been there I've had a good time and nothing has ever happen that looked dangerous, so don't let these guidelines stop you from coming. I'm just warning you so your not shocked when you get there. TheDoor is a great ministry and it is always packed, and like I said eariler there is a great chance that the person your standing next too has never even heard of Petra, so there is a good chance for witnessing.
0 x

Kaiser
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kaiser » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:32 pm

:shock: Thanks for the advise. It definitely sounds like a different type of atmosphere that I'm use to when it comes to attending a christian concert.
I'm sure everything will turn out great and definitely worth the drive.

Thanks for the input
0 x

dfwpetrafan777
Pethead
Pethead

Dallas

Post by dfwpetrafan777 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:44 am

I'll be there with wife and kids and about 6 petra fans. Coming from Fort Worth. I've been there before and we made it out alive Barely!!!! lol. Just make sure you have plenty of gas in the tank. Where The Door is located is not bad,but if you get lost,it can be pretty Hairy! And yes,bring your best shoes for the long Haul. Standing and more standing,but I promise it will be a great concert and you won't forget it! May Petra lift the roof off that place like last time. Amen

Pray that it is a cool day on the 8th,cause it gets smokin HOT in that place.
Look forward to seeing you Petra Fans there.
0 x
Ronnie K

TexMetal4JC
Pethead
Pethead

The Door

Post by TexMetal4JC » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:11 am

I've had nothing but positive experiences at the Door... Last time I went was to see Agony Scene, Extol and Demon Hunter, and the adults all got up on the balcony and sat with their legs hanging over, so there is some sort-of seating, if you're so inclined...

But yeah, nonetheless, LOTS of standing... I usually opt for sitting somewhere through the first three bands and then sitting in between the rest of em cuz my feet never recover from the line waiting to get in... Ah well...

It's a fun time, and I hope it'll be packed... That'd be fun! Anyway, I'll be there with my girlfriend and my roommate...
0 x
-Paul Anthony
http://ramblingjournalist.blogspot.com
------------------------------------------
"As the sunlight sets the clouds aflame
Do you not gaze in wonder at how they became?"
-Tourniquet

Tiger71
Pethead
Pethead

Petra Concert Postponed

Post by Tiger71 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:09 pm

The Door website as of Oct 30, says that the band had to postpone the concert. No Make up date announced yet. This happened two years ago as well, and a new date was never agreed upon. Hopefully that won't be the case this time.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:23 pm

The Agony Scene played two weeks ago at my college, but I went home, so I didn't get to see them. :cry: I had heard that they were on Solid State Records which is a subsidary (or was, anyways) of Tooth and Nail. So, my question is, are they Christian?
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

TexMetal4JC
Pethead
Pethead

Long time coming...

Post by TexMetal4JC » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:12 am

separateunion wrote:The Agony Scene played two weeks ago at my college, but I went home, so I didn't get to see them. :cry: I had heard that they were on Solid State Records which is a subsidary (or was, anyways) of Tooth and Nail. So, my question is, are they Christian?
Hey, SepUn, sorry for the long response delay... Yeah, Agony Scene is a Christian band... They have a killer cover of the Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black"... Mmm...
0 x
-Paul Anthony
http://ramblingjournalist.blogspot.com
"As the sunlight sets the clouds aflame
Do you not gaze in wonder at how they became?"
-Tourniquet