Questions about John solo album and biography

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:31 pm

I don't know how soon is soon... but I can assure you that you will LOVE it!

On the rare occasions that I buy a new album, I usually play it a few times to get the feel of it, to let the music sink in, etc.

I can HONESTLY say that I've never listened to an album as many times as I have John's new one. Not even SWINE can compare (and I had him in on that tour!) to the number of spins I've given this album. There is just something about it.... and I can't wait to hear all your opinions to see if you feel the same as I.

The direct mailing list link is here, btw: http://www.johnwschlitt.com/Mailinglist.htm
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:56 am

I can't wait to hear this albun.
I'm sure that I will love it. :lol:
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:31 pm

sue d. wrote:There is just something about it.... and I can't wait to hear all your opinions to see if you feel the same as I.
God's at work! :)
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:54 am

Yes.... He's ALWAYS at work - it's just US who don't always see it.

But in the past year - oh, how I've seen it with putting John together with Bob, adding me into the mix... it just doesn't happen like this in the natural world.

And then you look in the natural world, like now - and see very few dates for the rest of the year - and I don't understand what the Lord is doing, and WHY things have slowed down so much.

So much I CAN NOT see nor figure out... and wish I could!
0 x

lucianotaz
Pethead
Pethead

Is it a Rock album ?

Post by lucianotaz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:21 am

Sue,

Could you tell us if it�s a Rock album ???
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:41 pm

sue d. wrote:And then you look in the natural world, like now - and see very few dates for the rest of the year - and I don't understand what the Lord is doing, and WHY things have slowed down so much.
Just before the Menominee show, I was sharing with my sister that we were going to see the guys and made a comment about wanting to see them as often as I could swing it; not knowing how many more years they may be performing (no offense about anyone's age :oops:). While listening to their music and testimony that night in the park, I got a strong sense that the Lord has some big plans around the corner and big opportunities for ministry. Never sure if those thoughts are mine or the Lord's, but felt like I should share. I'll sure be praying about more dates.
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Could you tell us if it�s a Rock album
There are rocky songs on the album, but it's not a ROCK album like Swine or J&H. It's more in the soft-rock vein, but very powerful; lots of wonderful production. There's a funky dance-type tune (think Let It Show), some simply beautiful ballads, and an amazingly incredible cut that will send chills up your spine. I'm listening as I'm typing, and really - you will be amazed.

John uses a variety of 'voices' on this album, but mostly the clear, sweet tones that are just gorgeous.

The themes of the songs are more on the 'adult side,' such as adoption, divorce, false gods vs the real God, resting in the Lord's arms, etc.
I got a strong sense that the Lord has some big plans around the corner and big opportunities for ministry. Never sure if those thoughts are mine or the Lord's, but felt like I should share
And I thank you for sharing! I know what you mean... I've felt this too. And sometimes you wonder if those thoughts are sent from God - or if they're hopeful wishing on your own part. It's hard to know for sure sometimes.

Yes, please pray for more dates. AND please pray for direction for John and this new album....
0 x

winterlens
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Is it a Rock album ?

Post by winterlens » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:00 am

lucianotaz wrote:Could you tell us if it�s a Rock album ???
Since Jonathan hasn't come forward, I guess I'll spill the beans. It's a Celtic Christmas album.
0 x
DIA PISTEWS IHSOU CRISTOU

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:59 am

Hehehe.... yes, this is the CHRISTMAS album you've always wanted!
0 x

lucianotaz
Pethead
Pethead

MWS Christmas Album

Post by lucianotaz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:19 am

Do not say about Christmas Albums, cause Michael W Smith will release another one .... And really I do not like this kind of albums .......

Really, I do not know what has happened with MWS these last years. In my Opinion his last albums are so boring and musically poor that sometimes I think he is not the same person that had genius tones ....

How a great MWS song says: "Ive been searching for that missing person".
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:42 pm

I suppose you could argue that music has been dumbed down quite a bit and MWS would have to get with the times or be without a record label and new fan base. I don't know if I agree with that idea. SCC hasn't dumbed down his stuff. Then again, you could argue that he hasn't done anything new in years; everything is really all the same.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:31 am

Very, very soon you may get to hear a bit of the "tunage" yourselves... stay tuned!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:48 pm

Sue, I really hope a decent record label distributes John's album, he is to good to be going independent.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:08 am

Well, there are pluses and minuses with labels too... oftentimes you're selling your soul to a label, whereas if you secure distribution and do the rest yourself (or with an investor) - you maintain control all the way around (and reap more of the financial benefits too).

We'll see what the Lord has in mind... please pray that the Lord makes this perfectly clear!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:35 pm

yeah I know, just would like to see it in a shop in Australia and Word and Inpop made that happen.

Now Sue I seem to remember there was samples that came out for Johns upcoming record years ago, are they going to be on this album?

I think one had some lines like: "So your looking for a good book? well I've got one in hand! a message youve been needing, that will make you a wiser man, you think its complicated, you think it's way to thick. It's about love looking for the answer,its about everything you need.
0 x