John Schlitt -- San Diego CA

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

John Schlitt -- San Diego CA

Post by sue d. » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 am

I know there are a bunch of CA folks on the Zone here, so I'm looking to see if anyone out that way would like to bring John to their church for a concert or worship service!

John will be in the San Diego area the weekend of Jan. 25, 2009; travel expenses are already covered, so all that's needed is his honorarium and a hotel room.

We realize that times are tough and many people - as well as churches - are struggling, so we're willing to work with each church to make things affordable.

If you're interested, or have some good ideas for contacts - give me a buzz. I'm working on right now!

[email protected]
0 x

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by SkyCaptain » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:34 pm

Hey, Sue --

Have you already checked with Mike Reed in Oceanside? That's the first person that came to mind. Would love to see John in January!! 8)

Mark
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Saddleback is right up the road. You should give them a holler. It takes a while to get replies from them though.

There are lots of Cal Chapels out there too.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:53 am

Forgot...Mariners is in Irvine.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Trying to reach Mike -- I have a friend who knows him pretty well so she is working on that.

Mariners said they don't do many concerts, and rarely bring in outside worship leaders/singers, but at least they took down the info just in case.

Saddleback is next on the list, along with the Chapels.
0 x

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Just wondering which part of San Diego will he be in. Is he doing one show already?
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 pm

No, it's not a concert. It's:

San Diego, CA
Morris Cerullo Helpline TV
6:30 PM
Live Audience TV Taping
Tickets: 858- 277-2200 x 3333
http://www.helplinetv.com/

Anyone know anything about this program? I caught it on TV the other day... didn't get to see too much of it, but just wondering if anyone knows anything about the host or program itself.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 pm

I'll be in CA next year, but that doesn't help you much now.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:15 am

sue d. wrote:No, it's not a concert. It's:

San Diego, CA
Morris Cerullo Helpline TV
6:30 PM
Live Audience TV Taping
Tickets: 858- 277-2200 x 3333
http://www.helplinetv.com/

Anyone know anything about this program? I caught it on TV the other day... didn't get to see too much of it, but just wondering if anyone knows anything about the host or program itself.
Sweet. The only gigs they are booking for John are with heretic nut jobs that preach a false gospel, break the law, etc.

I have been seeing many CCM bands on that nuts show too. So, I guess CCM doesn't care. I played the good guy, was positive about being on RS's Hour of Power. But this is where I draw the line when the show is not about a message, but about money buying healings, etc.

In addition to being a heretic, this guy is a crook. He has stolen from US citizens by failing to pay his taxes in 07, indicted of fraud in 05.

Common Sue. Times are bad, but not THIS bad.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 am

brent wrote:
Sweet. The only gigs they are booking for John are with heretic nut jobs that preach a false gospel, break the law, etc.

I have been seeing many CCM bands on that nuts show too. So, I guess CCM doesn't care. I played the good guy, was positive about being on RS's Hour of Power. But this is where I draw the line when the show is not about a message, but about money buying healings, etc.

In addition to being a heretic, this guy is a crook. He has stolen from US citizens by failing to pay his taxes in 07, indicted of fraud in 05.

Common Sue. Times are bad, but not THIS bad.
So what are you saying? I just wish you'd tell us what you mean instead of walking around the issue! :twisted:
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 am

We all know that the Lord works in mysterious way. All we know is that the Lord told him to accept and go there so the people there can see the TRUTH!!! Its no difference than playing a secular venue that sell beer duting the concert. Bottom line the true Jesus Christ we be represented through Johns Ministry and that can open the door for him to repent and preach the true Gospel.
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:34 am

Mexican Spud wrote:We all know that the Lord works in mysterious way. All we know is that the Lord told him to accept and go there so the people there can see the TRUTH!!! Its no difference than playing a secular venue that sell beer duting the concert. Bottom line the true Jesus Christ we be represented through Johns Ministry and that can open the door for him to repent and preach the true Gospel.
We know that the Lord told him to do this? Really? I don't know what brent is talking about, but some of you seriously need to gain some objectivity and stop defending everything that John does. He is human and can make mistakes just like you and me.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:50 am

You are right. We all make mistakes. I guess I use the wrong words when I wrote "All we know". Can a mistake turn out to be a good thing?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:36 am

It is true we all make mistakes, but isn't God bigger than all our mistakes? And who are we to decide where God might want John? Who says God can't use John to be a witness to someone whose doctrine might not be biblically sound?

Brent does know what he's talking about most of the time, he can usually tell when someone or something is biblically sound, but he needs to clarify things here and let us know where he's getting his information instead of just assuming we all know what he's talking about. It can be difficult to know what exactly someone might mean when you can't see or hear them.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Brent, I'm not booking the TV shows or special appearances. This is being done by his publicity company, McCain & Co.

I'm banking off of these appearances with additional concert dates.

Like I said, I don't know anything about these preachers/heretics/whatever you want to call them, and I'm willing to bet that John doesn't either. I KNOW he didn't know anything about Schuller.

Here is Cerullo's statement of faith:
http://www.mcwe.com/statement_of_faith.php
0 x