Hartman and DeGroff attend charity event 1/31/09 w/pix

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
reoracer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Hartman and DeGroff attend charity event 1/31/09 w/pix

Post by reoracer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:08 am

I know I'm not on here much, but I have a little tidbit of news for you all, an event we went to this evening!

Original Petra members Bob Hartman and John DeGroff attended a fundraising event tonight in Bryan Ohio for their friend and fellow musician Davey Ferrell, who is fighting a rare form of cancer. Bob took the stage with members of his pre-Petra band Dove (including Davey!) for an incredible reunion, the first time they have played together since before Petra formed! They covered some great old classic rock from the late 60's and early 70's, including stuff from Cream, The Yardbirds, The Who, and more. DeGroff didn't take the stage, but enjoyed the friend and music filled evening.

Here is a shot of Bob onstage with Dove (sorry for the quality, I took this on my cellphone!):

and here is a photo of DeGroff with the guest of honor (again, a cellphone pic, sorry!):

I'm excited to say over $12000 was raised this evening for Davey!

God Bless,
Jen Savage DeGroff
0 x
Jen Savage-DeGroff

http://www.facebook.com/reoracer

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Wow this is awesome news! that would have been a great night....
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:09 am

That's great that they earned that much $$. Hopefully they are able to help find some effective treatment for Dave. Bob and the guys probably had a great time covering those old classics. I would have liked to hear some of those tunes.
0 x