Updates on JWS.com including John on TBN 2009

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Updates on JWS.com including John on TBN 2009

Post by Dan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:46 am

Not sure if anyone has posted that there are updates on johnwschlitt.com such as footage from TBN with John & Dorla hosting, and a rare audio clip from Johnny.

http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/index2.htm

John and Dorla are such a cute couple.

John has a tone in his voice when he sings Gravity, that still is simply amazing.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:12 am

Doesn't he though!

"Like fine wine - he just gets better with age!" How long has it been since you've heard John live?

You're right - John & Dorla do make for a cute couple. In person he's so attentive to her.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

John on TBN

Post by cvs2kids » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:49 am

I gotta say though, I was kinda shocked.

John looked bloated to me. I realize he's putting on a few pounds (and I'm an expert on that!), but I didn't think he looked well at all.
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

Tutor_23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor_23 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 am

I love John, but it does bother and concern me that he would appear on TBN.

The Crouches have made TBN the home of charlatans and false teachers, buffoons who defame the name of Christ. When John and Dorla appear on TBN, they are lending their influence to the TBN platform.

I still love John and so appreciate the ministry of Petra in my life over the years, but I think this appearance was a mistake.

Sincerely,
Andy from Indiana
0 x
"Never surrender. Never, never surrender!"
- Sir Winston Churchill

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Tough call whether he should or shouldn't do this type of appearance. It might look like he is lending his endorsement to this program and what they espouse. Either way, I really enjoyed it. Definitely different from what I normally see on there. John was fantastic.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue May 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Let me say this: when John goes to sing at a church or other venue, does that mean he believes like they do or follows or endorses the church's belief system?

Of course not, and people would be foolish to think that. He was invited to go, so he goes.

I don't see much difference between being invited to a church and being invited to a TV program - simply being on/in either one does not equate agreement or partnership.

FYI: John did an appearance tonight for the national TBN broadcast, which will air FRIDAY, MAY 15 at 9 p.m. CDT. You can also watch it on a live stream - http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2.html or find it on TV - http://tbn.org/index.php/2/2.html

I obviously was not there, but I heard from someone who was - and she said he did great, the tv set was amazing and that when John sang Only Men -- people were clapping and applauding DURING the song! And you know that most people that attend these live tapings are older... not your typical rocker-type crowd.

What a message Only Men has, to solicit a reaction like that.... somehow that song needs to get out there in a greater way. People need to hear it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 am

It is well documented that I have been on both sides of this issue. I was first thinking that going on the Hour of Power was a bad idea. But when Jr gave John the time to speak and share his testimony, which included doctrine that Sr would not have allowed, I knew God had a plan and it went accordingly. Amazing. God knows what he is doing.

We are all told to go into the world and preach to sinners. Sinners are everywhere. They are even owners of Christian TV networks.

Jesus did not profile and choose the caliber of people that he ministered to. Secular bands do not get to profile who they have in their audience. I am sure that secular bands do not agree with everything their promoters do in their personal time as well.

So the point can be made from both a musician/artist/band's side and the spiritual side, that nobody agrees with the audience, promoters, broadcasting stations, etc in all things. They are just there to do what they do. If people like it, they will partake. If not, they won't.

The caveat would be that there is guilt by association in ministry. Ministers, ministries, etc are all careful about who they get chummy with. If one goes down for moral failures, etc, they all have to do damage control, spending time and resources distancing themselves from the bad press, etc. It is a balancing act in this day and age.

Edited for spelling....
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 am

sue d. wrote:
FYI: John did an appearance tonight for the national TBN broadcast, which will air FRIDAY, MAY 15 at 9 p.m. CDT. You can also watch it on a live stream - http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2.html or find it on TV - http://tbn.org/index.php/2/2.html

I obviously was not there, but I heard from someone who was - and she said he did great, the tv set was amazing and that when John sang Only Men -- people were clapping and applauding DURING the song! And you know that most people that attend these live tapings are older... not your typical rocker-type crowd.
Cool I might watch this, is this on the main TBN channel on cox cable phoenix? I am new to this.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed May 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Welcome to the land where the toilet swishes in the opposite direction.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Poor Daniel, having to adjust to all the differences between the Aussie Land and the states. I hope everything is going smoothly. I think TBN is carried by most of the major cable providers in the states, but the channel would probably be different depending on which cable company it is.

Verizon is NOT what it's cracked up to be. Blah. If it wasn't for the old movie channels and the fact I can watch reruns of CSI, Criminal Intent and NCSI, I'd chuck cable and not miss it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Daniel, I would say that main TBN channel in Phoenix is the one you want to watch.

You can always watch online... I don't get the channel, so I'll be doing the computer thing.

Toilets really swoosh opposite of Aussie toidies? I live near the Toilet Capitol of the World: Kohler, home of Kohler Company, manufacture of all that is bathrooms.

Not to mention Sheboygan Falls, famous for Bemis toilet seats.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu May 14, 2009 10:15 am

well toilets don't operate the same down there, the content just flushes strait down, there is no water swirl motion... toilets are strange here, already had a few "incidents" with them.

Driving on the right side of the road in what was the passenger seat is by far something I am taking a while to pickup.

I get the main TBN channel on COX 21 that should do it I guess.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu May 14, 2009 4:38 pm

Was studying another subject and stumbled on this which is related to Christians going into all the world, even "christian" nut job TV shows and networks.

"I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. In no way did I mean the immoral people of this world, or the greedy and swindlers and idolaters, since you would then have to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who calls himself a Christian who is sexually immoral, or greedy, or an idolater, or verbally abusive, or a drunkard, or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person."

Ok...I am changing my views now. TBN is bad news and I would not go there. If that means not being in the Christian music business or marketplace, I would not do that either. Let it all go to hell without me.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Fri May 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Did anyone see John on TBN? It was wonderful.... not only his singing, but just LISTEN to how he shared Christ and the things He's done in John's life!

Whatever your stance may be on TBN and their programming - John did a fantastic job representing Christ.

The show will be archived on TBN's site: http://tbn.org/index.php/2/37.html

We'll try to get permission too.
0 x

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 pm

I recorded it to my DVR :-)

John sounded fantastic on both songs. You could tell he was especially inspired during 'Only Men' - powerful song and John performs it with such passion and boldness.
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!