Upcoming Petra Show?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:47 am

sue d. wrote:
Just to let Sue off the hook, so she doesn't get into trouble, she did know know what I have learned until I told her.
Uh..... Not sure what you're trying to say.... I "did NOT know" ahead of time what you were going to post until you did it?
Holy crap-a-moley. Sorry about that Sue. I forgot the word "not". Sue did NOT know what I was talking about until I spoke with her.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm

brent wrote:
sue d. wrote:
Just to let Sue off the hook, so she doesn't get into trouble, she did know know what I have learned until I told her.
Uh..... Not sure what you're trying to say.... I "did NOT know" ahead of time what you were going to post until you did it?
Holy crap-a-moley. Sorry about that Sue. I forgot the word "not". Sue did NOT know what I was talking about until I spoke with her.
the plot thickens...
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:17 am

I presume this show will be somewhere like...Sheboygan or something? I'll check my travel plans. We may as well all meet there at a given date, and if Petra shows, great, if not, there's...lots to do...I'm sure.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:31 am

No, no, no plot either... don't start packing your bags. I'm not putting on a concert of any sort this year (I WISH!).
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:58 am

Well THERE is an idea. We can jam in Sue's back yard. Sue can cook for us. We can bring tents and stuff and camp out. We can build a fire and have a sing-a-long.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Is Sue really ready to have a bunch of Petheads at her house again? :shock: :D She's been down that road before and she was very brave. :D
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:09 pm

What? It will only be a couple thousand of our closest friends.

Ok, let's set a date, shall we? Let's pick a date when there will be lots of snow so we can all go out and shovel snow for money, paying for the airfare and gas. We need to think out of the box.
0 x
People are returning to God by leaving the church.

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Reunion?

Post by JMBJR72 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:05 pm

So am I correct there is no official word if there are plans of a reunion. It seems like there are talks but no announcement. I hope everyone can forgive each other and practice for a tour that is unexpected. It would nice to see a Great Petra Reunion. Let all Pray! I think some have forgotten Petra is a Christian Rock group and I hope is to put Christ first!Amen
0 x

Jonathan
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 pm

OK, let's say, February 30, 2010. Should be plenty of snow left to shovel and hot chocolate to drink.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Or you guys could all come out to California and visit me instead.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Well THERE is an idea. We can jam in Sue's back yard. Sue can cook for us. We can bring tents and stuff and camp out. We can build a fire and have a sing-a-long.
You can camp - there's a big field in the back, and I already have the fire pit all ready.

Sorry - I don't cook any more. But you can roast hot dogs & marshmallows. That'll work.

Or if you prefer a cooler temp -- Feb. 2010 would be nice as well. Lots of money to be had shoveling snow.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 pm

sue d. wrote:
You can camp - there's a big field in the back, and I already have the fire pit all ready.

Sorry - I don't cook any more. But you can roast hot dogs & marshmallows. That'll work.

Or if you prefer a cooler temp -- Feb. 2010 would be nice as well. Lots of money to be had shoveling snow.
Come on people cut the crap and put your money where you mouth is. I have seen Def Leppard, ZZ Top and many other legacy bands for $50 a pop and they all were LAME. Schlittzy can sing them under the table when he wants to. Bob ain't ready for a rockin chair. Lawry can still play. You should hear the wild stuff he played for PDC. Ronnie is on Youtube with some lame college band. We can do it. Don't complain about Petra not being around anymore. Suck it up and show us the money and we will make it happen.

500 people paying $50 a head will get you John S, John L, Bob, Louie and Ronnie, good audio, good lighting. Let's start the list. If you are serious about this, I am going to have to walk in with the money and make it worth their while.

Why $50? We will have to fly these guys in, meet all of the tech rider specs for a production, pay insurance, pay the guys, etc. Concerts done right cost money. The facts are that Petra will not draw any more than 500 people now. Look at the video taping. It was lame and it was free. This is for the HARDCORE fan that wants a great seat, with great sound, no idiot Wayne Seboa mixing. This is going to be THE fan's nirvana.

Some people will say that they cannot afford $50 plus the trek. I understand. The economy is crap right now. But it will turn around. You can save it. If you want it that bad, you will make a way. If Petra really means that much to you, you will make it happen.

"But Louie and Bob and John...blah, blah, blah." Don't worry about it. It will work out. Greater things have happened. Prayer, smooth talkin and money is a great band-aid.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Rumor?

Post by JMBJR72 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 am

I would love a reunion but could be started by a rumor
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Rumor?

Post by brent » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am

JMBJR72 wrote:I would love a reunion but could be started by a rumor
It doesn't matter how it started. I know how it started. I have covered it before. We are going to finish it. See the other post about show tickets.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

SUE

Post by epdc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I WANT THE COUCH!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL, The weather you have in february is winter for me so there´s NO way I´ll sleep outside, come on, I have slept on your sofa before, I´m just a tiny mexican bean that doesn´t need a lot of space lolol.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios