Classic Petra's Facebook

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Classic Petra's Facebook

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 7:21 pm

We got the dates.

Vertical Artist Agency booked in the past 2 years, Switchfoot, and Stryper.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 7:29 pm

OK, now we have dates and everyone disappears?

Go figure.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Nashville Publicity Group represents:

Kevin Max, Jaci Velazquez, Salvador, Stryper, and meny others.

The Manager told me also this is a 60 old deal, so a lot of updates are still on the works on all the various web-sites related to Petra, it's members and the Mangement and Production agencies. So be patient people!
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 pm

I meant 60 days old deal so far, so a lot of things are falling into place.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 pm

fcollazo wrote:Brent, do you think the details the manager gave me were legit?

Bob got divorced?
That manager is the real deal. If he told you something, you can take it to the bank.

Yes, Bob remarried. There are pics of his first wife on various people's youtube...pics of her with the early Petra on a missions trip. She actually used to be in JDBs Jesus music band IIRC, for a short time. The point is that these guys are not perfect and their issues should not be disqualification from playing music. They do not deserve to be on pedestals. They are men.

There is a difference between divorce and homosexuality. One is tolerated by the church and one is not. Well, now that I think of of it, both of them are accepted by many churches. Christianity is about acceptance they say. I have not found that in the bible yet. But all these new age Christians say it is. It must be in the companion to the bible by Joel Osteen.
0 x

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Ouch! I come out of hiding to comment and get accused of lying...wonderful. Makes me remember why I stopped visiting for a good long while.

Anyway, I did in fact talk to Penny via the wonderful medium of facebook and she did indeed indicate that the guys WERE excited about doing this. It WILL happen...but for pity's sake...would everyone please get their granny panties out of their tush and give it a rest already. Management will make the information available when THEY are ready not when WE are ready. All this speculation is counterproductive and to quote Brent "stupid." This board has already caused them to release information before they were ready apparently and I would hate to see that trend continue. There are reasons why management and booking agents decide to release certain information at certain times. I swear, sometimes I really have to wonder if the guys who have been involved with Petra over the years consider their fans a blessing or a curse...

In the meantime, I again reiterate the need to pray for the band.

1 Timothy 2:8 "I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing."

If we desire lives to be changed for the Gospel, and isn't that ultimately what this is all about, then it is our duty to live the band up in prayer.

Hebrews 13:18 "Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way."

In Christ,

Eric
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Eric, i did not mean you lied, it was just that Sue and Shell and others were doubting the news, and I remembered you saying this, and I said it to express the point that indeed real insiders like Greg, Bob and Louie have confirmed this one way or the other.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 17, 2010 9:05 pm

For some reason I cannot reply to the emails sent to me.

To 74CAPethead, I do not need permission to point out common knowledge/pubic record stuff, especially when is documented for all to see in pictures on various Petra related forums, Facebook pages, etc. When former Petra friends, staff and family post pics of the ex, the cat is out of the bag, don't you think? Who cares. It is in the past. I did not spill any specifics, because I do not know any. Those are their business.

My point is that these guys are just people. They are not above us. It is also important to point out that these men have never established themselves as anything other than what they are, and have been faithful to point to Christ every step of the way on stage. They have always been concerned with telling people how to get to God and what God can do. People should quit bashing Greg for the things others in the band have done. THAT is the point.

As far as the light threat to post personal stuff about myself, howabout I beat you to it. I have nothing to hide. I am a sinner, saved by grace. I do not believe that I should glamorize my past to make a buck, nor should I act like it never happened.

I drive fast. I roll through stop signs. I have had four tickets since 2008. That's about it for the legal stuff. I have been married to the same lady, the mother of all of my children, for 22 years. The worst thing I have ever done, which turned into a blessing in other respects, was working for churches, helping them broadcast, get relevant, become rockin coffee shops and mini shopping malls. Looking back at it now was counter productive to the universal church. I have worked for some Godless musicians. I inhaled second hand pot smoke on the tour buss (and at many concerts). The smell made me sick, but I inhaled. Occasionally, I have a glass of wine. In my younger days I drank a little bit, as a means to an end. After being somewhat raped at 16, I engaged in sex before marriage. All of my shortcomings have been removed from God's sight. There is nothing that I have done that would keep me from going to sleep at night. I have nothing out there that I would regret, especially now. While I would not qualify for pastoral service in many circles, I am a believer that has the duty to minister to my world around me.

To the other guys, I broke it all down in the previous post.

This is going to come back and bite me, but you know what? All of this crap is so meaningless. I just can't get over how many Monday morning quarter backs there are, and how nothing will make some people happy with the line up and the lack of information when THEY want it. God how we are spoiled. I remember having to wait for Petrafied to send out the flier in the mail or when I had to get the list out of the album jacket (or from the tear off on the cassette cover, which used to hack me off when I ripped a piece out of it). We want it all and we want it now. When we don't get things our way we pout and say that it is not going to happen. That doesn't work anywhere in the world with anything. Generally speaking, the more info and instant access you have to an artist, the less desirable that artist tends to be (for whatever reason). I am happy to wait. If the Oct 15th show is near me, I will be there and I will be laughing my rear off.

I have renewed faith that some promoter is going to book a John solo show to open a Classic Petra show and then there will be enough shouting from the crowd to get John out on stage.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Well, this isn't the first time information has gotten out before they're ready...And it likely won't be the last. :P

Good post Brent, you have a good testimony. I don't always agree with you, but I don't doubt your sincerity. And you're right that they shouldn't be put on pedestals.
0 x

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Amen and amen, Brent...nice to see there are other sinners in this Zone besides myself. I feel less lonely now!! :lol:
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Mon May 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Well as someone who just recently went through a divorce let me say that no one should sit in judgement about such things. I did a couple years ago with a dear friend of mine because I thought it was what I was supposeed to do and it came back to bite me when my wife decided to leave me. Is it any wonder jesus command to us was to love one another....

Yet now god is restoring me a little each day. Walk the mile in your brothers shoes or keep your mouth shut. That's what I learned all too well.

Brent I have such a new found respect for you sir.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 am

fcollazo wrote:But you posted the dates! Didn't you separateunion?
Well, I'm not saying it won't happen. It could still easily fall apart. There are no guarantees on the music business. Every could really want to do it, and then something could fall through. Or one of the members could change his mind. I'm not even confident the dates posted are confirmed because several of them say "X market" or "X or Y location". That doesn't say confirmed, that says that they'd like to play in a certain area on that day.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue May 18, 2010 1:12 am

brent wrote:There is a difference between divorce and homosexuality. One is tolerated by the church and one is not.
Neither should be, and that's my point. Marriage today is not treated with the respect it is given in scripture.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue May 18, 2010 1:14 am

brent wrote:For some reason I cannot reply to the emails sent to me.
If you're talking about PMs on the board, you're mailbox might be too full. Sent messages are saved just like received messages, and I know the mail system doesn't allow for a ton of PMs.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue May 18, 2010 1:20 am

Enosh wrote:Well as someone who just recently went through a divorce let me say that no one should sit in judgement about such things.
Just for the record, I'm not sitting in judgment of anyone. I just think that divorce is not treated with the grave concern it should be, but that's not necessarily the fault of the individual so much as it is the attitude of the church. I have an uncle who is divorced, despite the fact that he did everything he could to reconcile and I hold nothing against him. However, marriage is an example of Christ's union with the church, and Christ doesn't just up and walk away when things get tough. I'd think that this would impress on us the need to take marriage more seriously.

I know this is going to cause friction with people who have been divorced, but I'm sure you're not going to feel any different than homosexuals who don't like being told that they are in the wrong.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."