CITAS MARK KELLY ON KEYBOARD WHAT???

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
leazim
Pethead
Pethead

get the picture

Post by leazim » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:55 am

0 x

Edin
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edin » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:10 pm

que bien que les haya gustado. creo que no hay alguien que no anhele este quinteto de miedo.uyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuyuiiiiiii lo siento tendran que traducir.

Bendiciones
0 x
Disfruto mi vida con Cristo

yamasaaaki har har
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

rost in tlansration (peldido en tladucci�n) hahaha

Post by yamasaaaki har har » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:45 pm

Edin, �est� bien si yo traduzca? (is it all right if I translate?)
Edin wrote:La foto creo que es de las mejores.
Estare en el foro para hispanos. Visite este para que se dieran cuenta

Bendiciones
This photo I think is one of the best.
I will be in the Spanish-speaking forum. Visit so that you can check it out.

Blessings

Edin wrote:que bien que les haya gustado. creo que no hay alguien que no anhele este quinteto de miedo.uyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuyuiiiiiii lo siento tendran que traducir.

Bendiciones
Glad you like it. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't long for this fearful quintet. uyyyyyyyyyuuuuyuiiiiii Sorry, you'll have to translate.

Blessings

fearful quintet - hahaha :lol: :lol:
0 x
[size=150]Ñ

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:59 pm

Edward wrote:On the previous tour, the band secured the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) lighting and trussing. It was maximized on the BTS tour.
I'm under the impression that they used a light rig previously used by Kansas (the band) on the Beat the System tour.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:39 pm

Kansas may have used theirs. They bought the ELO rig. Their long-time monitor engineer and I were shooting the bull before a show. He told me that during that era, Petra went into bigtime debt (like a couple of million bucks) to buy it and staging, providing their fans the best Christian rock show that would stand up to secular shows.

A few years ago they sold off the last of the staging. Bob had a link on his site for a while.

If I remember correctly, there may have been a Petra fan club letter detailing it. I will look around.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:52 pm

0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:10 pm

That would be the BTS staging that they have used over the years.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:08 am

ok but looks a little small to be that BTS stage :).
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:47 am

danielaussie wrote:ok but looks a little small to be that BTS stage :).
It would look alot bigger if it was all put together on an actual stage in a concert hall. I went to the BTS tour and it looked very large at the concert. I feel their bests staging were the On Fire Tour and Unseen Power Tour.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Edward wrote:Bob played the Roland GX-707 guitar with synth module on the BTS songs also. The 707 was doomed the day that it left the production line. A friend of mine was a beta tester for it, since he made guitars for Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Dweezil Zappa and Joe Satriani, they wanted his input. He used it once and put it away. Bob Hartman may have been the only player from a National act to play it, much less play it on a record, video and then have it retired to the wall of the Hard Rock Cafe. The $7,000 product ( a LOT of cash back then for a guitar) lasted a year or two and that was it. Complete garbage and way ahead of it's time.
Interesting statement. Complete garbage and way ahead of it's time.

So how was it garbage? In durability? Sound?
How was it ahead of it's time?
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:20 pm

Garbage:

1. Playability for one. It was not comfortable. It did not handle like a real guitar. There was no flexing of the neck because of how it was connected to the body.

2. The guitar was not really a guitar on it's own. It required the floor controller/sound module to be usable.

3. That brings us to the most important thing. The sound. It was a one trick pony. It did simulated, 80's guitar sounds, noises, etc. The effects were very crude back then.

Ahead of it's time. The concept came at a time when there were other projects that never were released to the masses, but were special order/custom shop items.

MIDI was relatively new. Manufacturers were fighting. There were alternate protocols being pushed. Synthesis was getting cheaper, more portable. The big thing with synthesis guitars was how to get the action right, so that a synth guitar would play/react and sound like a real guitar. Roland lead the way in many, many developments. But as the saying goes, the pioneer is not always the successor. Synthaxe was the one that got it right eventually.

As for analog guitar, Steve Ripley (Ripley/Kramer) and Eddie Van Halen revealed the Ripley Stereo Guitar at NAMM the same year. Steve Via, Satriani, Dweezil and Frank Zappa and a few others play them still. It actually had a matrix, allowing discrete outputs from each string to be sent to discrete aux outputs to discrete amplifiers. Consider the effect now that we have 5.1 and 7.1 surround. A guitarist strums, and each string is sent to it's own channel on your home theater system. Consider sending discrete strings to amps for max tone. Bottom string to a Bogner, Top string to a Marshall Plexi, etc.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:27 am

ok. thanks for the info.

I've always liked the guitar sound in BTS, but I guess that is just me.

I don't know much about guitars and the different effects available, etc.
0 x