Dream Team 2012!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Dream Team 2012!!!

Post by brent » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 pm

......hmm......
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:32 pm

...hmmm as in....I am hearing and seeing things come to pass that I was told " will never, EVER happen. So....I say, sit back and watch for future events. It can only get better.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Yeah it seems as if something might be brewing, if you look at the success of Classic Petra in foreign countries then a Dream Team once off would be just massive. Even though nobody has directly said that this is what is going down, you can't help but wonder if there is more to it.

It's just timing... and the Classic lineup novelty will expire after 2 years if not sooner.

GNR: Both Duff & Axl said they would never be on the same stage again, but this happened this year... and their fight was way worse than anything Petra related.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Classic Petra novelty? I do not think so. Why so harsh, to count them out? I think this is the time for Classic Petra. The Farewell Petra was so burnt out that it became painful at the end, and the so called Dream Team is only a dream to some fans, not management or Petra themselves. It just vanished away with all the turmoil of the last 10 years of Petra, which was laughable at best.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm

fcollazo wrote:Classic Petra novelty? I do not think so. Why so harsh, to count them out? I think this is the time for Classic Petra. The Farewell Petra was so burnt out that it became painful at the end, and the so called Dream Team is only a dream to some fans, not management or Petra themselves. It just vanished away with all the turmoil of the last 10 years of Petra, which was laughable at best.
Yeah you miss read that again mate, here is one dictionary meaning of Novelty the one I used:

Novelty: something new or unusual

Classic Petra is a Novelty.

If the Petra Dream team was to get together, they too would be a novelty. Don't bring your personal hatred for Farewell Petra into it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 am

fcollazo: burnt out, painful, turmoil, laughable??? Look who is being harsh! You seem to really have it 'in' for the Farewell group... or any of the last 10 year members.

That being said, I've been in conversations with the Brazilian promoter for quite some time and I know him well. He is working with Sony on making this a reality, and raising funds similar to John's Kickstarter project.

He has a meeting shortly with Sony to work out some details... time will tell as to where this all leads.
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:41 am

Wasn't there a pro shot dvd of Farewell Petra done back in 2005 or 2007 from South America? Rock En Vida or something? If so, does anyone know if it is available to the public and how to go about getting it?
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:00 pm

I do not hate Farewell Petra, I just feel sorry for them. I actually attended and enjoyed about 10 Petra concerts 1995 to 2005, and even shared with you guys the video a recorded from those dates. When I say laughable, I mean struggling to keep something alive at all costs, even if its patching holes with session musicians.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:17 pm

TIMBO: Yes, but it can only be sold in Argentina - that was the terms of the contract.

fcollazo: "patching holes with session musician." There you go again.... always finding a way to include a snide comment.

Petra's live concerts were with real members (with the exception of a few shows) who were members for at least 2 years or more (see the bottom grid at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra_%28band%29 ), not session players filling in.
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:32 pm

So I need to go to Argentina?
Can/will somebody in Argentina buy it for me?
There's got to be a way.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Its my opinion. I think a band should have wisdom on when to call it quits with grace. Petra did not have that wisdom, you can read it on on the reviews of those albums on mayor mags, the critics said it.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm

the new drummer did a great job don't get me wrong, but what is he a session player or permanent member?
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 pm

the new drummer did a great job don't get me wrong, but what is he a session player or permanent member?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm

I don't care to see the retirement band any more than I wish to see the post Bob 90s band. Put John on stage with Classic Petra and call it a show. Let those guys play some J&H songs. That would be more fitting than flying in non Petra members with no real history or public identity to play. Adding some of John L's distorted B3 patches would be quite killer. J&H tour would have been cool with keys and a second guitar player. Call me a purist or pure silly, but any incarnation of Petra past Bob was not really Petra in my mind. Though some of those incarnations were good at times, it was John and Louie with some new guys doing karaoke Petra. When Bob came back, I was a fan again. So, I would prefer to see those Bob era musicians only.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:19 pm

brent wrote: So, I would prefer to see those Bob era musicians only.
Roger that Brent. I'm happy with pretty much any "Bob era" lineup. After Bob was gone, I only went to see John and Louie, I didn't care about those other guys much. Not to take away from their abilities, but it wasn't the same band anymore.
0 x