40th Anniversary Tour 2013

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: 40th Anniversary Tour 2013

Post by executioner » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 am

brent wrote:Reasons why that won't happen.

Money
Ego
Demand

EGO is 90% of the equation on this...
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 am

Preacherman777 wrote:One thing I will say is that if we are going to get the Farewell version of Petra again, I seriously hope they make some radical changes to the set list. By and large the set list hasn't changed much since the Farewell tour, and quite frankly I'm bored to tears with that set list and I don't think I'd make the effort to go see them if I knew they were still doing the same stuff. Two years of Classic Petra shows represented a nice change and I'd really hate to go back to the same old, same old.

They have already shown signs of this; I know they have added Beat The System & Somebody Gonna Praise His Name to the list, and a few others that I've seen on set lists. I think since it will be "The 40th Anniversary Tour" that you are going to hear/see; I think all decades will be included.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Now we really need JAH2
You already have it! If you put Bob's lyrics, Dan's production and John's vocals into a new Petra CD - and you'll have a killer album.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I wonder what songs Asia will play before they play the one and only song people know/care about? They are not that good anymore. Petra will mop the stage. People will be saying, "WHO THE H ARE THESE GUYS? I AM GOING TO BUY THEIR CDS! THESE GUYS ROCK!"
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:58 pm

For this being a 40th anniversary tour, have these other bands been around for 40 years as well or just Petra? I have never even heard of the other bands.

The sad part of it is, Classic Petra was starting to gain some momentum and now they will have to start from the ground up again. If they come back at all. I have gotten the feeling that Bob has never really cared much for Classic Petra. For some reason I have had the feeling he was just doing it for a paycheck rather than doing it for the love of it. When I watch him on stage he always seems uninterested. Now, this is totally just my personal opinion, but I think Bob probably could careless if Classic Petra continues or not.

This new tour is something I have no intrest in. Maybe and this is a BIG maybe, if they had guys in the band who have had a history with Petra, instead of hired musicians, I might think about going.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Asia and ELO were big at one time. ELO was huge. ELO II never had any hits that I can remember, and were/are like Quiet Riot. It was/is a drummer from the actual band, with other people who never had anything to do with the original music/hits, playing the music. In a way, all of these bands are kind of like that. You have bands with numerous personnel changes, playing music only one or two of the members had anything to do with. The names of these bands are the only things to have latest all these years.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Bob actually had really high hopes for Classic Petra and it was really circumstances beyond the bands control that prevented them from being able to capitalize on the momentum they had built. The future of Classic Petra is really yet to be determined at this point, but in spite of what some folks will say, the door has not been closed. I would tend to agree with you that I don't really have any interest in this 40th Anniversary Tour. Maybe if they would put out a new album for it or at least seriously change up their set list, but otherwise I'm pretty well bored with this version of Petra. It not only lacks history, but also depth of character. They've been essentially doing the Jekyll and Hyde Tour for decade now and it's beyond stale.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree i would be more interested if they would have members that have more to do with the history of Petra. They are gonna blow the other bands away on this tour so could you imagine if they had the dream team on this tour.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beat the System
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Boray » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Why does this site lock my computer for a while? Firefox or IE9 doesn't matter. First time I load the site after the computer is turned on, loading the site locks my computer for around 10 seconds!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Not mine. Of course, I have a mac, use Safari and I don't load images or files without authorization.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:They've been essentially doing the Jekyll and Hyde Tour for decade now and it's beyond stale.
Agree.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:33 pm

sue d. wrote:
Now we really need JAH2
You already have it! If you put Bob's lyrics, Dan's production and John's vocals into a new Petra CD - and you'll have a killer album.
This is the best thing that could happen at this moment.
Petra have to show something new on this tour.
Bob's lyrics and John's voice will become the best rock album. Better than Jekyll & Hyde.
This is what I'm waiting for!
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Ok, the Genesis Classic thing is a joke. The singer was in Genesis AFTER Phil Collins quit. (He was last in Saga.) They had one record. They had one tour. In most people's minds that was not Genesis. They will not know who this dude is. Genesis is either Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins singing. Most of their hits were with Phil. So, who the heck cares now? This would be like Gary Cherone going out as Van Halen. Nobody cares about Gary or that Van Halen covering Extreme album. Petra will be the only thing worth seeing. John should go out as Head East while he is at it. Why not cash in? Everybody else is.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:I should say that I had a nice conversation with Dean tonight, who was gracious enough to call me and offer to answer my questions concerning the situation with Classic Petra. Hopefully, a statement can be made in the near future to better address and manage any concerns or disappointment about the situation. I can tell you this much for now, I am satisfied that there are good reasons for everything that is going on and that Classic Petra has not broken up or reached it's end.
Well....I hope they aren't out too, but...company guys are going to toe the company line and say what they want to be reality, to get what they want in the end. Telling people it's over, even when it really is, would not be good for anyone's business. Company guys are sometimes THE last ones to get the truth. Heck, how many times in music history have band members been the last to know that they were out and someone else was in, by reading it in the paper, on-line, etc? I don't care what anyone says, if Bob is not involved with CP or NP, or any other type of P, there is no demand. Everybody else is replaceable. Not Bob.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm

HudsonPethead wrote:
sue d. wrote:
Now we really need JAH2
This is the best thing that could happen at this moment.
Petra have to show something new on this tour.
Bob's lyrics and John's voice will become the best rock album. Better than Jekyll & Hyde.
This is what I'm waiting for!
I like Dan and what he does for John, but I don't think I could listen to a Dan Petra record. Look. They need to really poo or get off of the pot, and get some big stud that really knows how to make a legendary rock record. Stop messing around with it. The guys need to let someone else do it. Hello! Mutt Lange, Bob Rock, etc, etc.
0 x