Godfixation

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Godfixation

Post by brent » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm

gman wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
gman wrote:Didn't Kevin have more than one solo project? I have the Pogostick album somewhere, only because I saw him and his wife perform live, and I got it signed. I thought the programmed drums were kind of cheesy. Not very inventive from what I remember, and no dynamics.
Did you see them at Grace Bible College?

Pogostick was a flatline for the most part in my opinion. Divine Right was his Pre-Petra gig that had a bit more flavor.
I checked out his website, he's got some more stuff up post-Pogostick.
Yes sir, I did see him there. I recall it being a big deal to have him there. If I remember right, the turn out wasn't that great. I want to careful not to say anything too cruel about the show because they are
nice people, and they went out of there way to do that show. I'll just say that, from the music and business side of things, just because your wife is hot tha doesn't necessarily mean you should put her on stage with a mic. :lol:
Bwuhahahahahaha! Man, we could all name a few "hot" (once hot) people that probably were on the right couch at the right time with the right producer...'cuz they have no skills on stage.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 am

brent wrote: Bwuhahahahahaha! Man, we could all name a few "hot" (once hot) people that probably were on the right couch at the right time with the right producer...'cuz they have no skills on stage.
CCM was chasing that for awhile. Look what they did to someone with actual talent like Cindy Morgan. We'll get some writers to write songs in the style we think she should do, we'll hire a producer to pull the strings, we'll make her into the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, and we'll ride that all the way to the bank.
0 x

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1993

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

My favorite songs (selected btw WUC and JAH) to make one album are (in this order):

Think Twice
Heart of a Hero
Magnet of the World
Think on These Things
Be of Good Cheer
Show Your Power
The Holiest Name
Medley
Amazing Grace
Send Revival, Start with Me
A Matter of Time
How Long
The Invitation
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm

gman wrote:
brent wrote: Bwuhahahahahaha! Man, we could all name a few "hot" (once hot) people that probably were on the right couch at the right time with the right producer...'cuz they have no skills on stage.
CCM was chasing that for awhile. Look what they did to someone with actual talent like Cindy Morgan. We'll get some writers to write songs in the style we think she should do, we'll hire a producer to pull the strings, we'll make her into the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, and we'll ride that all the way to the bank.
I used to refer to her as "The Face", because that's clearly what was being marketed. The music and its message was a distant second, if it was even a consideration.
0 x