Classic Petra's Facebook

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Classic Petra's Facebook

Post by separateunion » Mon May 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Shell wrote:but if you will read the posts again it hasn't been confirmed that the person running the Classic Petra site is connected with them; it appears to be a fan posting unconfirmed info.
No, that's the facebook page. We don't know who's running the actual website.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 1:38 pm

I called the numbers listed in classicpetra.com and the manager answerd, very kind, and gave me all the time I wanted and answered all my questions, try it! Even Sue should try it!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon May 17, 2010 1:42 pm

fcollazo wrote:I called the numbers listed in classicpetra.com and the manager answerd, very kind, and gave me all the time I wanted and answered all my questions, try it! Even Sue should try it!
If you wouldn't have added the last five words, it would have been a very nice post and you would have made your point better.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon May 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey, didn't Greg himself tell Brent that he was in and this was his creation and it was a go?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Edited because..."this whole thing is stupid and I cannot believe I wasted so much time preparing a response." Email me if you want it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

This whole subject has turned south. I wish I hadn't posted the announcement.

I prepared a long statement, but it wasn't done tactful and wet enough for non-English/non-American readers to "appreciate" the dry humor.

Maybe a few points to ponder would suffice.

1. Sue books John. She is not John's management. Those are different people. Sue is not Petra's sole booking agent or manager. Sue can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the flow of communication for anything Petra would be mostly from her to John, John to Bob and then back again.

Sue found out about this when I posted the info here. She did not know anything because John did not know anything. John did not know anything because Bob did not tell him anything. John does not sit on the computer to read up on what he is going to do or not do. Bob likely wanted to have all of the ducks in a row before setting John off with the news. We (I) upset the water for Sue, who felt the need to arm John with info, lest he be caught off guard at GMA Week.

2. There was nothing more than coincidence regarding the announcement of the reunion and tour. Like I said, why would these guys want to use the "success" of the Farewell version (which has not been commercially viable for years) to sell a tour with a completely different band? That is just absurd. It is what it is. The old guys are getting back together, in spite of and in addition to the Farewell version (+/-) doing a show or two.

3. I am so tired of people bringing up the marriage thing. Both Bob and Greg are in better shape for having a wife split. They are not perfect, church ordained, bishops. They are people who married and had issues.

4. Who cares if men enhance their heads? Ladies lie all the time with make-up, boulder holders, contraptions that suck in their guts, butts and thighs. They wear deception clothing. What is wrong with a brotha not wanting to show some skin on his head? Greg says modern science is wonderful. Why not use it? I can tell you that I will NEVER be bald. I have hair about 6 inches past my shoulders. I am prepared for the worlds largest comb over if need be.

5. Louie: fired. No ifs ands or buts. You don't butt heads with the owner of the company.
6. Litchens: fired. See above.
7. Mark's boots were out of this world. So were Louie's Yamaha space puff drums. Cringe!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 17, 2010 4:21 pm

I don't use access to John to shoot the bull. Anymore the only time we chat is at his shows locally. I use his system, Sue first then John.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh, GOOD GRIEF!!! :P :shock: :roll:
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 pm

This is exactly the reason Brent said he wished he'd never made the post and then edited his reply; people take posts and run with them and then won't leave it alone. I'm not blaming anyone, that seems to be a pattern here. Can we just give it a rest now? And PLEASE, let's not get started on who's divorced -- It IS NOT our business.

Blah, I'm usually pretty tolerant but this has gotten to be a bit much for me. :P
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon May 17, 2010 5:33 pm

brent wrote:3. I am so tired of people bringing up the marriage thing. Both Bob and Greg are in better shape for having a wife split. They are not perfect, church ordained, bishops. They are people who married and had issues.
Wow. You wanna know the problem with the church? This a perfect example. Scream til you're hoarse about the evils of homosexuality, but act like divorce is something that can just be swept under the rug and isn't a big deal. Homosexuality isn't what's killing the family; it's a lack of understanding and appreciation for the sanctity of marriage.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 5:55 pm

My comment wasn't directed at you personally, Felipe; I'm not blaming anyone as I said. I'm a little touchy about that because we've had those sort of discussions and I don't think a message board is the place to deal with it. I'm just finishing my semester at school and I'm kind of tired.

I don't think Brent was trying to trivialize divorce; it is obviously a big problem or so many people wouldn't be getting divorced. I think he meant it's not just a problem for people in Christian music and it shouldn't be dealt with (and can't really effectively be dealt with) on a message board. It has to be dealt with on a local church level. There are too many things not being dealt with on a local church level.
Last edited by Shell on Mon May 17, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BForm » Mon May 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Please. This is getting a little hysterical. 10 years? Are they all they all planning to move in to the same nursing home with a parking lot big enough for a tour bus?
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon May 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Good question Bill. :lol: Very good question in fact. :mrgreen:
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Mon May 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I never thought I would see this. For the longesr time everybody wanted Petra to return in some sort of form, of course the majority wanted it to be the Dream Team, including me. Shouldn't we be happy that Petra with Greg is coming back? I never thought that I would get to see that era of Petra and now I get the chance and I am not gonna miss it. I'll be the first to admit that i like the John era better but this is a Petra that is worth seeing as long as Bob does the alter call at the concerts, and also at the farewell reunions. And I will also be the first to admit that the farewell reunion Petra is my least favorite because I grew up with classic and dream team Petra, not knockin' Bailey, he is a very talented musician. All I am saying is that Petra is back in two forms so we should be doubley excited. PETRA is back to rock 4 CHRIST!
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon May 17, 2010 6:31 pm

petraman wrote:this is a Petra that is worth seeing as long as Bob does the alter call at the concerts, and also at the farewell reunions
Why the stipulation?
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."