Art call-I hope I am allowed to do this...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Art call-I hope I am allowed to do this...

Post by charl » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:39 pm

Hello everybody!
(hi dr. Nick)

I am completely new here, and I hope I'm not overstepping any rules. Well if so the moderator can always erase this! :D

I was looking for Petra lyrics at the guide to petra site, and came upon this message board-I thought maybe some of you petheads out there would like to help me/get in on a project I am doing.
I have been slowly compiling and re-working several years of illustrations of petra songs in order to make a book-sort of like a complete illustrated petra-I do want to try and include some visual representation of all the songs (I'd like to include lyrics-but would that be copyright infringement?)
They will then be bound-maybe to send them to Bob Hartman? I dunno.

Anyway this would be where any of you may come in. Would anyone like to be a part of this? I'm looking for any illustrations you have done in any medium-or want to do-you can mail or email them to me (high res though) and I'll try to include it in the book. Being a professional artist is not necessary as I am not one either! I am tentatively setting a standard of 8" for each piece, but I am planning on getting a wide bed printer one of these days, so maybe by the time it gets going I can make it 12" as it should be. :) Oh and you can do more than one song to a page if you wish-but right now I intend to have every song only once (including the ones that were recorded more than once).

I especially need help with the late 90's songs as I'm not too familiar with them.

Should this actually work, I will send a CD(s) of all the pieces to anyone who contributes.

Anyone willing to do it? Any questions? Hopefully I am not coming across as an interloper.

Here is one of the first ones I re-worked for another project i did:

Thanks for reading this!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:10 pm

That is a cool drawing, and I would love to have a book like that. I am pretty sure you'd have to be careful about copyright, especially if you included the lyrics. I'm not really sure of the steps you would need to go through to get permission for reprinting lyrics, but there are plenty of people here who could let you know where to get the information you need.

I don't think anyone will find fault with you for asking for information. LOL. I think that sounds like a fun project.
0 x

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:00 pm

Thanks for responding!
Yeah I know all about the copyright thing...it took me several months to receive permission for another art project from the international bible society-Which has kind of made me wary of even bothering with the hassle of getting permission for lyrics.
Of course it will probably be worth it, especcially if I can get a lot of people to contribute.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:19 pm

I always loved Petra Album covers with the guitar/ space theme.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:29 pm

nice job, Charl.... sounds like a fun project.
0 x

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:38 am

Petrapraise wrote:I always loved Petra Album covers with the guitar/ space theme.
Me too. Does that mean you'd like to try your hand at your own rendition? :wink:
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post by epdc » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:41 pm

I have a draw of "Counself of the Holy" but i would need to draw it on the same way you do mmmmmmm i`ll see what can I do.

welcome to the zone :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:39 am

but i would need to draw it on the same way you do
No you don't have to draw in the same way/style as I do! It doesn't need to be in colour, and you do not neccessarily have to include the name of the song or any words in the piece-as long as you let me know which songs the pieces represent, so I know which one each is.

I am kind of hoping to get a lot of variation in work by doing this call. The interesting thing will be how different people 'see' the songs.
I would love to see your drawing! Thanks for offering! :D

btw, does anyone know who I would have to get ahold of for copyright permission? The more I think about it, the more I think I had better do that.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Copyright permission

Post by Michael » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:20 pm

Probably you'd need to find out who the "publisher" of the song is... probably the label the song was first recorded on. But I would recommend that you have a product you are ready to publish first. If you're doing the project just basically for your own purposes, there would really be no need to get permission, but if you're going to sell something, that's a different story. Just a few thoughts.

The library of Congress has a Web site where you can look up copyright information on songs, but it might not have anything on it that's not already in the CD booklets. Wish I had the link for ya, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

oh, ok

Post by epdc » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:32 pm

I`ll see what can I do this week and send it to your email :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:50 am

Coo-el!

I really appreciate your contribution and all of the helpful posts!
I do have another question; I know there are other petra message boards, and I considered posting this to them, but then I thought that might be over kill-I don't know, is it all kind of the same people? Or would I perhaps get more petheads interested in this project?
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

charl

Post by epdc » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:36 pm

we are all the same dudes (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

just kidding, actually I dont know, I believe there are more than us lol.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

unoactu1895
Pethead
Pethead

Post by unoactu1895 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:15 pm

Shell I completely think just like you.
0 x
[size=150][b][url]http://dix-euro.be[/url][/b][/size]

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:52 pm

Crap Unobot, how come you never think completely just like ME? Am I deficient?
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:24 am

I'm more into performance art...and my favorite album to interpret is On Fire...
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."