Cool

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

Cool

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:41 pm

A friend and I were driving in my car today and I had J&H playing, but had it turned way down cause we were talking. She says, "Hey, isn't this Petra? I've heard their older songs, but not anything this good." So, she turns it up and started singing the chorus with IAAWYK. Later on, she said she wants to pick J&H up for her boyfriend because he loves hard rock music, and she knows he'll listen to it because it's hard rock. Thing is, the guy isn't even a Christian.

Praise God. The seeds are being planted. :P
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Other people's opinions of J&H

Post by String » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:34 pm

I also have a non-Christian friend that has listened it and loves it. My brother, who has fallen away from the Lord, has also given very positive comments on it. For him to give positive comments....well, let's say it is a rarity! :)

I have a fellow workmate who I turned on to Petra and she loves J&H as well. I tell ya, God works in mysterious ways, eh?
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

That`s so great

Post by epdc » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:06 pm

nother testimony a pethead is sharing about how God used the CD of our favorite band :D praise God :-)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

ministry

Post by executioner » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:16 am

Some of us around here have been talking about the sells of JAH( I am one that is guilty), but isn't this why Petra is Petra? I love to hear these type of accounts and I know Petra likes hearing these also, because it just shows that God is still using this ministry, and CCM is finally taking notice that Petra is still alive a well.
I've been a Christian since 1980, but their message that they bring to me is always so relevant to what I am going through in my life at the time, and I get so many blessings and some time convictions from listening to Petra. In my mind and heart being without Petra is like being without electricity.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1972

Post by johnathan » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:33 pm

I like hearing about all the people who have gotten to listen to J/H,Here's one for you guys. My nephew is not being raised in a Christian home but I have always tried to give them CD's for any ocassion. Well he heard J/H and evidently it had a impact on him.one day he was in the car with me and said could he hear the Bonnie and Clyde song. at first i was like what? then he said you know that old group you like petra. He really enjoys it. This is not the only time i have gotten good feed back about the album,Just wish I could get them to Lexington,Ky. There are many unsaved friends who whish to hear them. YOu go Petra you are standing the TEST OF TIME!! PRAISE THE LORD!!
0 x