JaH in Spanish?!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
eknock
Pethead
Pethead

JaH in Spanish?!

Post by eknock » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:54 pm

After hearing Petra on Z-jam, and seeing the inpop messageboard, It deffinitely looks like we are going to hear john screaming en espanol again. I think this is awesome, and will give Petra a boost internationally. How many bands would do this? This is sure an exciting time for Petra...
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:36 pm

I certainly hope to see, err hear, it!

I wonder how they'll translate the song Jekyll & Hyde. Is that movie (or whatever it was, I forget now) known in the Spanish world? I bet they'll have to find quite different wording.
0 x

Jackie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jackie » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:19 am

duno if this book/movie is known in spanish-speaking countries. i guess so. here in brazil it is well-known and it's called "o m�dico e o monstro"

btw, petra will be in brazil next friday......yippeeee!!!1 if u guyz wanna c some pix of the small stadium where one of the shows will take place, visit: http://tudoaver.com.br/petra/base.php?p ... stadio.htm

jacqueline
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

well

Post by epdc » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:54 pm

the story is well known here. In my school (literature and philosophy careers) have heard about Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ya know.

In spanish it could be " a veces soy como Jeckyll y Hyde!!!!!!!!!!"

where did you guys got the idea of an spanish record? are there any news about that?that would be awesome.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:58 pm

Eloisa, check the Inpop Petra board, read the "Question for Inpop" thread. Inpop didn't know who was distributing J&H in Central and South America, but they promised that a Spanish-language version is coming.

I wonder what version Brazilians will prefer - Spanish or English?
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Ben

Post by epdc » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:48 pm

the answer is Piedra Angular. At least for M�xico, that record company distributes petra`s records here.

I`ll go later, thank you :) I just have time for checking here :P but I`ll see a quick look to it.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:48 am

Would you do me a huge favor and go over to Inpop & post that information?
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

OK BEN

Post by epdc » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:17 pm

you have hands, fingers an a keyboard, I think you can do it HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!J/K. I`ll go quickly, ok, ok!!!!!!!.

hey, congratulations, you are the first guy on da zone that calls me Eloisa instead of Elo here (well, Sue and Sam did in Wisconsin but there weren`t no witnesses LOL).

Ya know, I was starting to think that nobody actually knew my name LOL. Like "what`s her name? MMMMMMM ELO?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Elo

Post by Michael » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:07 pm

Hehe... people call me "Mike" all the time and I have NEVER introduced myself to anyone as anything but "Michael." Hey, I thought you liked "Elo" because you thought it was funny that people kept using it when Sue or someone made it up! :)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Names

Post by Shell » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:29 pm

My real name is Michelle, but I don't think anyone but Elo (excuse me, Eloisa hehe), Ryan and Tara have ever called me anything but Shell, which is just a shortened version, so it doesn't really matter. My nephew who's a year old is starting to call me Shell and it's too cute.

I think Michael is a very nice name, and there's nothing wrong with prefering that over Mike. Some folks don't prefer the shortened version of their names.
Last edited by Shell on Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlima » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:57 pm

Answering Spottacus about if we prefer Spanish or English versions of J&H: personally, I prefer English, because I think is weird to hear a rock'n'roll song in another language. Here in Brazil we have a lot of good Christian rock bands singing in Portuguese, but not all sounds good. I have a copy of "La Colecci�n de Petra en Espa�ol", a best-of of Petra songs sung by some Latin singers, but is not good! :oops: Sounds like "Maria del Barrio (a popupar soap-opera here in Brazil and in some another Latin countries) meets John Schlitt and Bob Hartman"! :lol: But, if they do a re-recording of J&H in Spanish, I give an advice: please, someone teach John a good Spanish pronouce, because in "Petra en Alabanza" the English accent was hard, like in "Amo Al Se�or" (I Love the Lord): "no me imporrrrrta/lo que me digan/pelear� por el Sen�rrrrr" :lol: !
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

actually MIKE

Post by epdc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:18 pm

I do like people call me Elo instead of Eloisa hehehe. I really love that. I was just remembering some pethead I have met that thought my name was Elo hehehe, some where like "is that your name or is a short version?". But truly, I prefer Elo 100 times than Elo�sa (Eloisa sounds so... grandma LOL, naw really, sounds like "you girl" and Elo sounds like "you, friend" HAHAHA ya know, I mean it :)
John calls me "Hello" LOL. So my identity got lost in a greeting HAHAHAHA

I prefer Michael instead of Mike, it has more class ya know LOL. Michael sounds like a very handsome guy with a great job and family and MIKE sounds so "guy that is rude and prolly has no education and hits his wife" LOL,,,, don`t know, call me crazy but I see it that way LOL.

Michelle and Shell sound the same to me :) just that Shell is faster to type HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Talking about what rlima said, I`M SO AGREE!!!!!!!!, I was talking with a pethead time ago about it. Pethead BrianB in fact, he said he was trying to learn to sing in spanish through petra in alabanza and I was like OH NO LOL, I know John is singing in spanish because I know the language but if you don`t pay much attention you get lost because is accent OH MY LOL.

and yeah alll the rrrrrrrrrrrrr is a classic, I thought that too LOL!!!!!!!!give me 5 :lol:
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I FORGOT

Post by epdc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:22 pm

RLIMA:

I forgot, I`m so agree in preferring english rock than in another language.
Like you said, somehow it doesnt sound right hehehe. Maybe it is because we are very used to listen rock music in english, I think that is, because if we compare, in many music areas latinamerica is somehow starting, or somehow younger than american rock , did I explain myself?though I gotta said that european music has a lot to say too :D
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Petra En Albanza

Post by Shell » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:09 pm

If I remember right, John had never spoken Spanish and had to have someone teach him the words to the songs while they were recording that album, so I think you should forgive him for his accent. :)

Yeah, Shell is faster to type isn't it? :D
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:53 am

Tengo un secreto que no permito a nadie ver
Una sombra maligna que ha estado colgando sobre m�
Mi alter ego que intento mantener a resguardo
Pero a pesar de mis buenas intenciones �l siempre podr�a escaparse
�l hace las cosas que yo no quiero hacer

A veces me siento como Jekyll y Hyde
Dos hombres est�n luchando una guerra dentro