JaH in Spanish?!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:01 am

It seems like it has a lot more syllables than the English version, so I can't immagine how fast John will have to sing to fit it in!

Someone on the Inpop boards said you could listen to it at that site, but I couldn't find the audio link. :(
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

me either

Post by epdc » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:17 pm

though I checked the lyrics. OH-MY-GOD-!!!

I will take upt my hat enfront of him when I listen Jeckyll y Hyde in spanish. I tried to figure out of would it be in spanish after reading the spanish lyrics, and man, the song will be fast.

Considering John doesn`t speak spanish at all, I think he deserves a big 10+ in pronunciation. And he will really deserve it when we listen the spanish version.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:39 pm

Hmm. Ok I now heard them perform it from the link posted in the other thread. The lyrics were obviously different than these, but I couldn't understand most of it at all. :(

What's posted here is probably a literal translation of the song, and when they actually perform it they'll probably try to rework it to make it so they won't have to sing it so fast.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

you are right rlima

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:49 pm

you are right. I just heard the song and I listen to John and some things sound different, some words ya know, a very clear example is that instead of saying "dependencia de Dios" (God`s reliance) he says "solo Jesucristo (just JesusChrist).

HE SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlima » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:10 pm

One question I have: is there a need to lauch J&H in Spanish? Why do not do this with the praise & worship albums (PPII and Revival)? I think these two albums will be more useful in Spanish than J&H.
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:10 pm

Yeah, I'd definitely like to hear PP2 in Spanish.

Speaking of that, anyone know why they left "No Weapon Formed Up Against Us Shall Propsper" off Petra en Alabanza? That's one of my favorites on The Rock Cries Out!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

don`t know

Post by epdc » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:39 pm

I always wondered that.
maybe we can give to sue that question and she will ask John for the ask and answered thing
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!