about the new drummer...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
rlima
Pethead
Pethead

about the new drummer...

Post by rlima » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:44 pm

I downloaded the video where Petra plays at a TV show (TBN, I think). Man, I have only one word: AWESOME! All guys rock, it's good to see Bob Hartman PLAYING, and not that fake concert Pete Orta did at Alive2000, when he did jump like a psichedelic monkey :lol: . Greg Bailey is excelent, too, very quiet, but doing what he must do, playing bass, and playing very well. I don't need to talk about John, who was awesome as always he is. But, I must confess, I was a little bit precautious about the new drummer, Paul Simmons. I never heard nothing about him, and Louie Weaver was almost a family person to me - like an old uncle :lol: . But, I have to admit, the man plays very good! I am a drummer, so I think I have a "clinic eye", or better, a "clinic ear". When I hear some music, I pay a lot of attention to the drums. And Paul Simmons catched my attention. Now I can see it was a good replacement, and now I understand God's plan on this subject. We must be sincere: we all love Louie, but at the last records he was very bureaucratic and formal at the drumming, like he lost his "freshness", more precisely from "No Doubt" to the present. If you compare the drums of "Get on Your Knees and Fight Like a Man" and "Whole World" to the drums of "If I Have to Die for Someone" and "Revival", you'll understand what I say. :cry: So, be welcome, Paul Simmons, to the Pethead family! :wink:
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 pm

Louie Weaver always knocked me out, including the last time I saw him with Petra, in November 2002. He was a force of nature that night.

But I'm prepared to be knocked out by Paul Simmons, too. And I was sure impressed with his playing on the ZJam set.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:26 am

still haven't heard him yet......looking forward to it.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:28 am

Rlima....what's up with your photo, are you gonna fix that? lol

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

petrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafan » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:23 pm

it's hard to think of Petra without Louie, but that's past now.

and man, Paul plays some SEEEERIOUS drums!!!! heard the double bass drums on Right Place at Zjam?
0 x

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlima » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:09 pm

The pic of my daughter (Vit�ria, you must visit her photo at jws website!) is linked to jws's website, that's offline, I don't know why! But soon you'll have Vit�ria again with you to make you happy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

Jackie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jackie » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:04 am

rlima, how dare u talk like that about pete? he is great! bob is ok, too :P j/k! bob is the best but pete did a great job. i love "breathe in"

about louie, i know that curiosity killed the cat but i wonder what happened to him

anyways, paul is doing his best. WELCOME PAUL! btw, what's paul's email addy?
[/img][/url][/list]
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Where are you?

Post by Corval » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:57 am

Jackie..
i did not receive any e-mail from you

I HOPE you are ok
Artur
0 x
Be happy

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Michael » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:15 am

rlima wrote:The pic of my daughter (Vit�ria, you must visit her photo at jws website!) is linked to jws's website, that's offline, I don't know why!
Sometimes when we go crazy adding new video or audio clips to the site, we run out of bandwidth... Web hosting providers allow you only so much file transfer per month, and when you're done, you pay extra or you go off the air until the end of the month. Sometimes Sue feels like it's important to pay the extra and get back up; this month she didn't feel that way. We should be back up by November 1st... or since it's the weekend, maybe it'll be Monday, but I hope we come back on Monday.

We're also talking with someone who may be able to help us further; the file mirros have been a BIG help so far, too! If anyone has some spare bandwidth and disk space on your Web site (Geocities is no good for this, BTW) please let us know if you would be willing to donate. We respect your limits as far as bandwidth and space are concerned, and you are always fully in control of the process. Click to email Sue D. if you can help!
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]