Concert Enid, OK 11/19 - Reunion!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
jared
Pethead
Pethead

Concert Enid, OK 11/19 - Reunion!!!

Post by jared » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:25 pm

I was writing to the promoter of the Enid, OK concert November 19th to find out information about it and part of the reply is that it will be a Reunion concert with GHF!!!!

For anyone who missed the reunion in Indiana last year, this is your chance!!!! That last one was a blast!

Personal thought, if any concert gets made into a video or live album, this would be the one to capture.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:50 pm

This was not arranged by either band. The promoter did it on his own. Kind of cheesy if you ask me. BTW, I wouldn't hold my breath about live DVD. It isn't going to happen in the USA.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:19 pm

That's kind of strange. I would have thought such a pairing would have occurred in Ft. Wayne the weekend before. Of course, there's no law that says GHF won't be there too.

The only thing that bothers me is that we already have to deal with Farewell June, then I found out last week they've added someone named Sarah Bender to some or all of the shows. (Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of her, but then again, I don't listen to Christian radio.) Adding yet another opening act just cuts into the amount of time Petra will be allowed to play.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:28 pm

Petra is only playing an hour no matter who opens. So don't sweat it. These openers are new bands that are up and coming. Two thoughts. Either Petra waanted and/or was forced to take these bands as part of the package by the booking management co., or someone is getting a favor cashed in.

Either way, John likes quality. So they should be good openers.
0 x

wallytheman
Pethead
Pethead

ghf in OK

Post by wallytheman » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:28 pm

i spoke with john degroff and nothing is set in stone for the oklahoma show.
0 x

jared
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jared » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:51 pm

The letter I was given by the promoter said that alot was still in works and help with sponsorship was still being needed, I almost posted it here but figured that I wouldn't in case it was given in confidence. My thought was that I could maybe drum up a bit of excitement/encouragement for those organizing. I don't want this to end up being a show that doesn't happen because no one was interested (as has happened before).

I just hope that my careless post hasn't done more harm then good now.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:30 am

Nah. The promoter shouldn't be writing promotional checks that he can't cash. In other words, loose lips sink ships.

It is probably no big deal. I think that it is a mistake to have so many bands there opening up. It diminishes the impact of the event. But that is the sign of a true rookie promoter. They think the more the better. But it doesn't work like that.
0 x

wallytheman
Pethead
Pethead

ghf at enid

Post by wallytheman » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:38 am

it has been confirmed that ghf will be playing at the event in enid, ok on november 19th. they will be playing there own set (1/2 hour) at the beginning of the day and the will join bob hartman for a few old petra tunes at the very end.
0 x

reoracer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by reoracer » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:10 pm

Yes, the thing in Enid, OK is a go for GHF. I am hoping to be able to tag along... :) Who else will be there?

As for something extra at the Petra show Nov 12 in Fort Wayne, there has been some discussion, and it looks like something might happen, but nothing is set in stone yet.

GHF does have some upcoming gigs in Fort Wayne, be sure to check their website at ghfband.com for new listings.

Hope to see some of you out there!
Jen
0 x
Jen Savage-DeGroff

http://www.facebook.com/reoracer

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Enid

Post by Michael » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:41 am

The Enid show is actually a festival type of thing... there are several artists on the roster, including one or two local ones. I've linked to all of the Web sites I can find about the artists on this page: http://www.petratulsa.org/concert.html

Sarah Brendel actually sounds pretty cool. If you go to her Web site you can hear some of her music. She's German (like Sam! hehe) and so her music has a little bit different of a flavor, kind of taking things out of the same old boring mainstream (well... like Sam!) I think it will be fun!

The promoter isn't totally brand new at running a show... this is actually the third annual event that he calls "Harvestfest." I think this may be the biggest of the three, though. And check out the poster for the show... notice any part of it that would indicate the presence of a TRUE Pethead in the ranks? hehe
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]