Petra's breakup

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
3rd_DAY Fan
Pethead
Pethead

Petra's breakup

Post by 3rd_DAY Fan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:52 pm

I am not one bit saddend about Petra's breakup one bit...ok maybe a little. My point is we as fans need not be selfish in thinking that Petra will last forever their effect will last for eternity though. Dont you think it is time for bob to have a break....yes I said bob because he started the whole thing and of course the other the other members need a break too dont forget about them. We need to stop being angry about it and disappointed I frankly think that it is very foolish for some fans to be be angry at them because of this. They are normal human beings who are put on a pedelstool because of there job. I also think we need to be greatful for what their ministry did instead of being disappointed because we wont see the next album. These guys deserve a break. That is why I said that I am not that sad because they broke up.

Pleease understand that I am not mad at anybody or talking down to anybody. I am just as much a Petra fan as anybody(dont let my screen name fool ya). I just think some people are too sad about there breakup. They are only humans, normal guys. I love Petra and their music.

I truly think the Lord led me to write this

what are your thoughts

Mike.
0 x

3rd_DAY Fan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 3rd_DAY Fan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:29 pm

anybody agree with me cmon dont turn your backs on me because of this.. lol just kidding. what do you guys think.
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:38 pm

I'm only sad about it because there is no one like Bob who rights rocking songs with solid scriptural truth. If God raises up one or more others, all will be good.

Also, I haven't seen anyone who is actually mad at the band ...
0 x

3rd_DAY Fan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 3rd_DAY Fan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:41 pm

ya never know some could be
0 x

nacman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by nacman » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:31 pm

I think I can safely say that all of us will miss Petra, but I am in no way mad at Bob, John or any member, past or present, about the retirement of Petra. I am deeply dissapointed that at the end of the year there will be no Petra and I wish they had gotten the attention I think they deserved, but even then I am not mad at those who didn't give Petra the stage time or radio time.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:32 pm

I really don't think any of us is mad, We are disappointed though, but if John & Bob both feel like this is what God wants for them to do, then they are making the right decision. I will miss Petra so much, They have given us so much of their heart and soul. Another point I will make is that Petra is truly the only true ministers first band out there, and all these bands still around need to keep in their minds what Petra has done for them because I really doubt Christian rock would be anywhere near it is today without Petra's influence.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Life goes on.

Thank God He led you to write that though. I will be careful who I put on a pedelstool.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:00 am

snicker, snicker.

I don't remember anyone saying they were angry at Petra for this decision (now CCM and christian radio is another story...:P ).
We are all sad to see an era end, and that's totally normal. We grew up with Petra and we'll miss them-no other band looks like they're going to be able to fill their shoes either. Even if they did, they wouldn't be our Petra, the originals. So of course we're not happy about it, but we understand why they want to call it quits.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:25 am

Johnathan,

Those new Pedalstools are so cool. I think they are calling them bikes now. I've put myself on one several times. That guy is right though, you do have to be careful. It hurts if you fall off. Make sure to always wear a helmet and knew and elbow pads while riding.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

Carolina
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Carolina » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:58 am

Yeah, I will have to agree with every one else here. I am not at all mad, BUT sad. I do hope that they know how most of us have been impacted by their music; their example as a band (I mean 33 years????). Now a day, most bands don't last that long.

I do however, hope that they realease another album...sort of like their "farewell" project.

Carolina
0 x

3rd_DAY Fan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 3rd_DAY Fan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 am

I Do hope they release a live CD/DVD. It would be so cool if the CD had one show and the DVD on another. I also hope even though it very very far fetched that they released their albums in boxed set. i.e 1974 to 1984 and 1987 to 2004 with a booklet discussing each era with pictures. It would be nice if they reissued a collectors edition of CITAS with the WHOLE concert on CD since the DVD is out of the question.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

pedastool

Post by Michael » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:23 pm

Actually, Bob already DID take a break... for like, ten years. He just joined back up a couple of years ago. Greg's only been there a year or two more than that, and drummer Paul just got here around the same time Bob came back on board, if I remember correctly. The only person who's been in the band at this point more than abotu 3-4 consecutive years in John Schlitt... and he doesn't WANT a break. In fact, he's going to keep on doing solo concerts after he hangs it up with Petra.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:49 pm

I'm okay with it. I lost Petra once, for about eight years. I tried but couldn't keep listening after No Doubt, that album was just such a big disappointment for me. But I rediscovered the band in about '00 or '01 and I consider the last four years a huge bonus.

Of course I was as excited as anyone in the world about the new album we were expecting up until a couple of months ago, and I'm really down about them quitting, but I'm glad to get to see the guys in Minneapolis on September 30th.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:10 pm

I also hope even though it very very far fetched that they released their albums in boxed set. i.e 1974 to 1984 and 1987 to 2004 with a booklet discussing each era with pictures.
What have you got against Back to the Street? :wink:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

he

Post by executioner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:19 am

He probably has the BTTS CD that has the 1987 date on it. I have one and didn't notice that until a month ago when someone on here said something about it. BTW my cassette version has 1986 on it, and also I did buy both at the same time in June 1986 on the released date.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!