Petra 33 Guitar In Hand!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

Comments about Bob's guitar

Post by 74CAPethead » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:11 am

Check out what others are saying about Bob's Farewell Tour Guitar. One person thinks the guitar must be chinese or korean made. Maybe some of you that received your Petra 33 could add your comments to this forum too! The thread is "Cool Collectible"!

http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/s ... p?t=110569
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:01 am

While WE cannot know where Bob buys all of his parts, it really is a moot point. These are my thoughts.

1. Bob has released a guitar that is priced for the masses. The hardcore fan may not buy a Hyde guitar, but they just might like this one.
2. This is not the kind of guitar a pro player, or even an active novice would take out and play exclusively, because it is a collector-type piece. That would be the equiv. to taking out one of Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstiens out and playing them.
3. The average Kramer, Ibanez, Charvel, Fender Jap Strat, etc only costs the manufacturers about $50-75 in parts. The rest is mark up. Almost all mass produced guitars in this price range, even those assembled in the USA, have parts from China.
4. Even if Bob is buying these pre-made and having them custom finished, it is still a good idea (IMO), because it benefits the owner and Bob.
5. For $300 you are not going to get a PRS (which has 200% markup), Gibson or Fender custom shop guitar quality. Either you want it because it has the cool pick guard and came from Bob, or you don't.
0 x

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:44 pm

I think now, that he builds them by his own. In an mail he wrotes
... I am selling them as fast as I can make them!
0 x

e5c4p3artist
Pethead
Pethead

Post by e5c4p3artist » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:27 pm

Edited: If I can't say anything nice, I shouldn't say anything at all. :?
0 x

74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

message for Bill M.

Post by 74CAPethead » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:14 am

Hi Bill,

I don't know if you check your private messages, but I sent you one!
0 x

haavarddahle
Pethead
Pethead

Post by haavarddahle » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:54 am

I got mine guitar today!!! :D Im so happy!!!!
0 x

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:02 am

haavarddahle wrote:I got mine guitar today!!! :D Im so happy!!!!
wowwwwwwww I'm happy for you too my friend :D :D :D but guys you are lucky 8) 8) 8) I'd like a guitar too heheeheeee just kidding it's impossible for me. But congrats! :wink: :wink:
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

crossways
Pethead
Pethead

Post by crossways » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:16 pm

so my family is a bit peculiar anyway, but I started getting all of these birthday greetings yesterday and today....which would be nice, but my birthday is in December!

So all day they got my church to sing happy birthday to me, and had a birthday dinner - the whole nine yards. I would have thought the whole thing was funny but I didn't even get the joke :roll:

Then they had me do a scavenger hunt ---- at the end of the hunt??

THE 33 Year Anniversary Guitar!!! :D

Mom had been emailing Bob all along, and when I mentioned getting something special signed at the concert...they gave me the guitar early!

I am completely stoked!
0 x
I KNOW my Redeemer lives!
- Job
www.crimsontruth.com/Forum.htm
www.crimsontruth.com

PJ
Pethead
Pethead

I ordered mine on Tuesday

Post by PJ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:32 am

I spread the word in Tampa about the guitar and I told Bob before the show that I got a t least 3 sold, well he sold 5 that night and needless to say, the early birds caught the Petra 33, even though I do not play guitar, it is going to look awesome above my window in the church, I can't wait to get mine, Im having both Bob and John autogragh it.
0 x