Inpop wants YOUR dream set list!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Inpop wants YOUR dream set list!!

Post by Kirkman » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:59 am

Okay guys, Inpop wants YOUR input.

They have asked me to host a special form on my website to allow Petra fans to submit their dream set lists for the "Petra: Farewell" live recording on Oct. 4.

Click here to submit your DREAM set list for this event. There's no limit to the number of songs. Just choose the ones YOU want to hear, and click "submit!"

I will send all the form results directly to Inpop.

--Josh

P.S. - Everyone vote for "Lucas McGraw" !!

P.P.S. - Seriously, just vote for what you want. But I hope you want Lucas McGraw. :)
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:28 am

I did it! It was fun!

I surprised myself by picking generally 1 or 2 songs from each album except J&H, from which I requested five.

Golly, I wish I could be there. But I'll buy the cd and (hopefully) the DVD.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:55 am

Maybe I'm a bit of a cynic, but I think Inpop is just trying to give us something to do so we stay out of their hair. At this late stage, is it really possible that any of the more obscure songs would be performed? When exactly will there be time to rehearse these songs, especially ones with any former members? The day before? That would be asking a lot from a group of guys who'd just played six or seven days in a row
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Well, I did it. I don't think they'll have time for 40 songs tho.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

Petra Fan Canada
Pethead
Pethead

Dream List

Post by Petra Fan Canada » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:15 pm

Bob dows such good guitar work, I wish he'd dig out the acoustic for Grave Robber or More power to Ya.

Here's hoping!
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:17 pm

I'd like to add any new songs they finished to the list.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

rbnewsdesk
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rbnewsdesk » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:18 pm

Uh...does having close to a forty to fifty song play list count?:)

I think the point of the exercise is no way they are ever going to play every single Petra song on my dream list, but it is fun exercise. For example, always liked "Breathe In" from Double Take, but would Pete Orta come on board for the Reunion concert? "Deep Love" from "Washes Whiter Than" may be a little on the mellow side for this concert. But then again, wouldnt be surprized to see a few medley sets as a result of this poll. For example...

- Rock Medley: Add on to the This Means War, It Is Finished, Dance, medley with songs like I Am On The Rock, Chameleon.

- Potential Soft or Ballad Medley: Think Greg on Coloring Song, Road To Zion, More Power to You from CITAS and add John on Love, Marks of the Cross, No Doubt

- The One I would love to see - the Praise Medley. One of Greg' strenghts with Petra were his praise songs like "Praise Ye the Lord", "Let Everything That Have Breath", and "Without Him We Can Do Nothing". You combine that with John on "Lord I Lift Your Name On High", "We Exalt Thee", even "Creed", and have the group, special guest sand audience all participate in "We Need Jesus".

Did I say my playlist was like fourty to fifty songs? :oops:
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:04 pm

At this late stage, is it really possible that any of the more obscure songs would be performed?
I'm wondering also... WHY a poll NOW, at this stage of the game?

In fact, I'm running our Just-For-Fun Survey poll on johnwschlitt.com's homepage, which asks the question: "What should be the last song Petra plays live in concert?"

You can vote right here at http://www.johnschlitt.net/index2.html

So far there are nearly 800 votes since the poll went up on 9/9/05. Not bad!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:06 pm

I think everyone needs to vote for Mine Field, Man wouldn't be awesome to hear that scream
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Wow what a question, and how can you answer that...

Post by js3971 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:32 pm

in a complete and whole manner. I kept in mind the estimated time of the concert, and still voted for 40 songs. I think it will be a matter of how much time they have and how many of the former members will actually play. It's possilbe that former members may be there and not actually contribute musically. Although I think that as many as can contribute as possilbe would only add to the concert and the full experiece of Petra as a band and ministry thoughout their whole career.

I know that John had wanted to do the live album as a tribute to Paul and Greg and the work they've done for the band the last two years. Jekyll and Hyde is such a great album, most of those songs would be great to hear in concert. I will get a chance to do that when I see them in Dallas in November.

I voted for at least one song off of every album except Back to the Streets. There are some good songs on that album, but overall, not any that stuck out for me to hear on a live album.

I also voted for Louie's solo. LOL, you can't hear Louie's solo unless Louie was there to play it could you.

I'm sure there will be many types of melodies to help fit in as many songs as possible. But I also know that whatever they do play, it will be with much prayer and thoughtful consideration. It will also be more than awesome.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:54 pm

Bob can play all of the tunes I am sure. The question is, can the singers remember them? I see teleprompters in their future.
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetraFan007 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:00 pm

I just want to hear Adonai once. That's it.
0 x
E-mail me at [img]http://petrafan007.100megs15.com/nospam.jpg[/img]

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:31 pm

I did vote for one song from Back to the Street: Shakin the House. I also voted for Adonai. The only album I didn't request a song from was Washes Whiter Than. I just couldn't make myself do it.

I also voted for Where Can I Go, from Come and Join Us (1977). How many people here know that one?
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

abuelito
Pethead
Pethead

Post by abuelito » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:41 pm

FIRED UP!!!!! YEAH.... I'm all fired up about Oct. 4th!!!

Voted, done!
0 x
JJ<><
"Petra will always mean rock!"

abuelito
Pethead
Pethead

Vote for Louie!!!

Post by abuelito » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:46 pm

I'm cranking to Louie's Solo on my PC right now as I post!!! I REALLY hope he goes and plays Oct. 4!
0 x
JJ<><
"Petra will always mean rock!"