Rare song

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
haavarddahle
Pethead
Pethead

Rare song

Post by haavarddahle » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:02 am

I`ve heard that Petra has maked a 45-min version of one of their first songs. I just wondered, what song and does it exist today?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:21 am

I'm not sure, but I know Petra did some extensive jamming in their early concerts. If I remember correctly the song 'Backslidin' Blues' featured solos by all bandmembers. I've never found any live recordings from the 70s except one song (Rockin' On With Jesus). So if anyone has some 70s recordings of Petra, please .....
0 x

haavarddahle
Pethead
Pethead

Post by haavarddahle » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:29 am

My dream is that Petra release a cd with that song and other missing songs, and some talking from the 70`s Petra....But that will never happend :(
0 x

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:30 am

Or how about the version of Killing My Old Man that was cut from CAJU. That'd be great to hear, if they ever actually recorded it. It if it is just a demo version it'd be great to have.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:10 am

I remember someone asking Bob Hartman about this some time ago, and he basically said that everything that Petra cared to release is already available on the various albums. There might be a few extant demos floating around but nothing the band really wants to put out in the public.
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:22 am

Mountain Man wrote:I remember someone asking Bob Hartman about this some time ago, and he basically said that everything that Petra cared to release is already available on the various albums. There might be a few extant demos floating around but nothing the band really wants to put out in the public.
That was me. Bob said the "Killing My old Man" from come and join us and some unfinished music for Beat the System were the only unreleased material the band had.

Of course, after that interview, there was a song cut from JAH, so add that to the list as well.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!