Video Download!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
judboy7
Pethead
Pethead

Video Download!!!

Post by judboy7 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:27 pm

Video download is now available!!!!
http://www.inpop.com/download
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:54 pm

Cool, but I hope that's just a preview cut and is not indicitive of the DVD. I thought the editing was aweful! Whatever happened to simply focusing on the band and enjoying the performance? I honestly can't stand this "change the image every few seconds" MTV nonsense. Of course, the editor may have been trying to edit around the "shakey cam" handheld camera shots. Why oh why didn't they use tripods! Or SteadyCams? Or at least get operators who knew how to work handheld cameras, because I'm sorry, but cutting off half the performers head in a close-up because you can't hold the camera steady is not an artistic decision, it's a mistake!

But then, I do this for a living, so I'm pretty picky that way.
0 x

Mitch
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Mitch » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:39 pm

I don't do this for a living, and I loved it. Thanks to Shara and Inpop for letting us view this! I'm really looking forward to seeing the dvd.

One question tho, and forgive me if this has already been asked. Will there be interviews with the band included on the dvd?

Mitch
0 x

InpopShara
Pethead
Pethead

Post by InpopShara » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:43 pm

This video is not from the DVD. This is simply a promotional piece that we put together to promote the album and the overall "FAREWELL." The DVD is still in the works.

s
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Thank you Shara and Inpop

Post by js3971 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:01 pm

Thank you for putting that video up for us to see. Thanks also for all your hard work not only with Petra but with all of the other bands that you work with. Honestly, after Double Take came out, I thought we'd be very lucky to have another Petra album. You have given us three, and three very good ones at that.

Shara didn't have to sign up for this message board, but out of her own time and consideration, has given us a lot of information and help about Petra and everything happening with them. But she did it. Also, she didn't have to put up with all of the whining and complaining a lot of us have done here. Thank you for your patience (love is patient) with us and continuing to serve us anyway.

May God continue to bless you and Inpop, enabling you to continue to put out great Christian music and supporting the bands that allow God to work through them to make it.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:05 am

I cried when I was watching Annie what a great video can't wait for the DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

re

Post by pmal » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:33 am

On behalf of anyone, namely me, that wasnt able to make the taping, thanks for putting this up for download. I cant wait for the DVD!

Thanks Inpop and Shara,
Phillip
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:17 am

I personally love the NYPD BLUE camera style it adds so much to the video. I hope there is some of this style on the DVD it would be great.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:47 am

InpopShara wrote:This video is not from the DVD. This is simply a promotional piece that we put together to promote the album and the overall "FAREWELL." The DVD is still in the works.
That's a relief. Hopefully the DVD editing will be cleaner.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: i

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:01 am

executioner wrote:I personally love the NYPD BLUE camera style...
I happen to think it's just laziness passing itself off as "artistic". It really takes very little talent to shoot and edit in that style. I know because I've done it on occasion when asked to, and it amazes me just how easy this style is to pull off. No matter what you do--even mistakes!--looks "good" because it's a style without rules, what I call "style over substance". It's much more challenging--and ultimately satisfying for the crew and the audience--to pull off something really innovative and creative while maintaining a conventional style.

I would have much perferred if they had set up two mounted cameras in the center, one dedicated to close-ups and medium shots and the other dedicated to wides, a boom on the stage for sweeping shots, and a pair of handheld cameras for color, one in front on the floor and one on stage.

Whatever. I'll still get the DVD and will just have to resign myself to cringing at the camera work. At least the audio is done well.
0 x

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

:)

Post by ctwomn » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:00 am

I thought it was cool for a promo! I have to admit that I got teary eyed while watching it! It just brings back some awesome memories that I will never ever forget! I can not wait until spring!
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

soccer_steve
Pethead
Pethead

Post by soccer_steve » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:04 am

Awesome .... :D I very much appreciated the "preview". I even liked the "black & white" shots interspersed throughout (looked like they were taken during set-up and sound check - the behind the scenes stuff is always interesting). Definitely gave me the sense of being there, which I like in a concert video experience. Also, .... what a treat to watch John's expresions, especially as Greg sang, what joy!
0 x
"When will the world see that we need Jesus?
If we open our eyes
We will all realize that He loves us.
When will the world see that we need Jesus?
When our hearts are as one
And believe that He's the Son of our God."

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 am

soccer_steve wrote:Also, .... what a treat to watch John's expresions, especially as Greg sang, what joy!
I agree. That was very cool. I absolutely adored how they were willing to give the stage up to each other. If that's not a display of Christ then I don't know what is.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:14 am

Mountain Man wrote:
executioner wrote:I personally love the NYPD BLUE camera style...
I happen to think it's just laziness passing itself off as "artistic". It really takes very little talent to shoot and edit in that style. I know because I've done it on occasion when asked to, and it amazes me just how easy this style is to pull off. No matter what you do--even mistakes!--looks "good" because it's a style without rules, what I call "style over substance". It's much more challenging--and ultimately satisfying for the crew and the audience--to pull off something really innovative and creative while maintaining a conventional style.

I would have much perferred if they had set up two mounted cameras in the center, one dedicated to close-ups and medium shots and the other dedicated to wides, a boom on the stage for sweeping shots, and a pair of handheld cameras for color, one in front on the floor and one on stage.

Whatever. I'll still get the DVD and will just have to resign myself to cringing at the camera work. At least the audio is done well.
I'm sorry but that style you are talking about is so out of date and it would look it on the DVD. We don't even use that at church when we are filming special pagents and services. I love watching concert DVDS and no well to do artist or director(music) uses that style any longer.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:21 am

executioner wrote:I'm sorry but that style you are talking about is so out of date and it would look it on the DVD.
No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. That's like saying that a well-balanced audio mix is "out of date".
We don't even use that at church when we are filming special pagents and services.
I'm sorry. The problem with doing something wrong long enough without correction is that it starts to look "right". In my experience, the people most prone to embrace the "MTV style" are the ones with the least amount of experience under their belts.
I love watching concert DVDS and no well to do artist or director(music) uses that style any longer.
Sure they do. But they do it with innovation and quality, and that's the difference you see. Just throwing a few shakey handheld cameras around the auditorium and editing with lots of crossfades and color effects is not the same thing, which is what I unfortunately saw in the video clip. The set-up I suggested would give a talented director plenty of room to flex his creativity while still getting solid coverage of the concert. Sloppy camera work and fast-paced editing is no substitute for real creativity.

But I suspect we'll just have to agree to disagree. :?
0 x