Enter In video. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Enter In video. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by WR1U » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:01 pm

I for the first time saw the video for Enter In. I have to say IMHO that is the most powerful video Petra has ever done. I know the song well but the combination of the lyrics and the imagery just brought tears to my eyes. What a powerful mixture of the Jewish day of atonement and what happened after Jesus made the sacrafice. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm just absolutely blown away. I would love to see more vids like this. What a witness.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:21 pm

Yeah. Enter In has always been one of my favorite songs ever.
0 x

MatthewRJ

John & David

Post by MatthewRJ » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:34 pm

Looking at the No Doubt album cover, for some reason I've been thinking David Lichens had the vest on & it was Jim Cooper b/t Ronny & John.
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

No Doubt cover

Post by String » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:37 pm

I think Josh Renaud has all the covers on his site at http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com . I have it in that rotating graphic I use for The Petra Webring but it goes by a little too fast and I think the graphic would take a little time to download for the dial-up users.
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

By the way...

Post by String » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:40 pm

Jim Cooper has the vest on. Lichens has a long sleeved shirt...polo type. Don't know what Cates is doing in that corner. Was he a bad boy or something? :) I always liked the band smiling instead of having the scowl look. Makes it look like someone took away their candy!! :lol:

Here is the direct link to a larger picture:

http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/nodoubt.html
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:08 pm

Hmmm...you mean all these years you never knew who was who???? :shock:
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

I did

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:36 am

I knew who was who all those years, but now I'm still learning the new guys name....including the guy with the beared.lol just kidding.

:oops: dat's Bob

I am so happy Bob's back. Bob and John........John and Bob.

It has been a while for me, I loved Petra of the early 90s that was a cool version of the band. However I can now look at their new photo and say for the first time sense 1993 "That's Petra" I know all the other guys in between were great. But to me it just didn't fit the look. Petra looks like Petra again.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I love it

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:45 am

I forgot, I was going to say that "Enter In" was a great video.

If you haven't seen it, there is also a video for "Think Twice" another awesome video and also includes a cameo, camio however you spell it. of Bob.

The sad thing is that they never released a long-form video of "No Doubt" and the title song was one of their hits, did they ever do a video on the song No Doubt?

On Fire, Beyond Belief, Back Stage Pass and Wake-Up Call should also go out on DVD as well as Captured in Time and Space wich I think should have a bonus disk that includes the Beat the System Video. Just my opinion.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

think twice

Post by sue d. » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:21 am

For me, THINK TWICE is SO powerful. The first time I saw that, it was "whoa...." Talk about hitting you right between the eyes.

In time, I'm hoping to get some of the even more lesser known vids up, such as Mine Field, First Love (oh - that one is SO neat) and more.

BTW, we have all of the album covers John sang on too: http://www.johnwschlitt.com/albumpetra.htm
0 x

petrarocks03
Pethead
Pethead

Enter In Video

Post by petrarocks03 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:46 pm

:) Yeah, I saw the "Enter In" video for the first time ever last night, and I love the imagery on the video. Petra really did a tremendous job on the song, but the video is just that much better. The video is what makes this song, in my opinion, and it really is a great video. It's interesting that Petra has really not made that many videos, at least not as many as other artists. They had one video each from the albums "Beat The System" and "Back To The Street", 5 from "On Fire!" (3 of which I have never seen-"All Fired Up", "Mine Field" and "Counsel Of The Holy"), 6 from "Beyond Belief", 6 from "Unseen Power" 2 from "Wake-Up Call" and 2 from "No Doubt". That's only a grand total of 23 videos by Petra. It would be really great if Word were to release a video collection with all 23 videos on it. Better yet, make it available on video and DVD. I think it would be a best-seller. Heck, on the DVD, in addition to the 23 videos, they could throw in some rare concert footage from both the Greg X. Volz and John Schlitt eras, as was briefly seen on the "Revival" DVD.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Minefield and First Love

Post by Shell » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:05 pm

Petra did a video called the "On Fire Video Event" a long time ago, and that's where those videos come from. They're both wonderful videos. And yep, I have it. :D

Signed, the lady who has been around longer than she should probably admit. :D
0 x

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:08 pm

It was a very good video-with some very powerful moments, although I'd have to agree with SueD that "Think Twice" is more powerful, at least in it's presentation if not in the message itself.

And if there is a <inefield video...I so want to see that. That's my favorite Petra song!
0 x

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:52 pm

I can't wait to see more of those vids. I've never seen anything from On Fire.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

I love both

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:12 am

Think Twice and Enter in

I also loved the jewish thing in there,

awwwwwww a timbrel dancer would fit perfectly there :wink: , I made a timbrel coregraphy of enter in. Hope I be able to dance it in public someday.

John scares me in think twice, don`t you think he looks scary? though his eyes looks great.

Ronnie, well...I guess you all know my opinion about him LOL
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Ronnie only the best bass player in the world

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:04 am

Well yeah I guess we do know how you are about Ronnie

Didn't you post a photo of him in High School on the old board?

In respect I think Ronnie is the best bass player of all time, that's all there is to it. the song "Think Twice" is the best way to describe why I say that. Those that listen to it and notice the Bass Guitar on it, you will be treated to an awesome discovery. He's all over it and it's so cool.

Of course I put Ronnie above Mark Kelly, hands down that's all there is to it. I often wonder what "This Means War" and "Beat The System" would have sounded like with Ronnie playing.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)