12/31 - connect, listen and respond LIVE from Murphy, NC

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Tinman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tinman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:11 am

Perfect World was great - but not a song they should end with. Great online concert though! What a way to rock in the new year. Looking forward to that dvd. Happy New Year all.
0 x

Petra4Me
Pethead
Pethead

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Petra4Me » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:12 am

Man oh man!!! I even recorded it so it will always remain with me!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want's a copy?? I'll edit it and upload it sometime tomorrow..

Bob's extended solo was sooooo cooollllllllll and John's high note at the end of Judas was mindddddddddddddd blowingggggggggg!!!!! Too cool!!!!
0 x
With No Difiance, Just God Reliance! - Petra

jared
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jared » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:13 am

just wow

Did anyone get it recorded? I recorded the last 15 minutes but missed the rest of it.
0 x

charl
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by charl » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:15 am

Thanks so much for broadcasting this atwr guys! It was so great to hear-made being disgustingly ill a little less crappy.
0 x
[url=http://www.picturetrail.com/char000]CIP[/url] -slowly but steadily coming along... [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0011.gif[/img]

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:18 am

I can't believe people are saying Greg was struggling with the old tracks. I was absolutely blown away to hear how good he still is. I had figured he had lost most of his range and yes, he has lost some of it, but not nearly as much as I figured he had. He was even still able to nail the high part Dream On. I was very impressed. Greg said during his interview that he intends to do a rocker for his next album and I am now very much looking forward to that.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Has the fat lady sung yet?

Post by BForm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:19 am

Yeah Kaiser. I think you're right. I think in order to be fair the guys really have been trying not to think about 2006 in order to be fair to all the "lasts" in 2005. However, I do think we'll see them more in 2006. I can't see them only doing the make up concert in Brazil in March and not surround it with some other concerts.

I could be wrong though and it's leaving me with a strange mix of emotions. I'm thankful for all we've enjoyed from them and everything they've done over the past 33 years. But it is hard to let them go.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Greg's Voice!

Post by BForm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:23 am

Don't get me wrong Preacherman, he did a great job. I'm just comparing it to what he sounded like live back in '86. I too was very excited to hear about his upcoming "classic christian rock" album. See, it's not over.

Hey, they just read my shout out!!!! Cool!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:28 am

I listened to a lot of it...The first concert and part of the second,
probably about 3-1/2 or 4 hours worth. I'm a little sad at the idea this is it, but God isn't finished with them yet. I'm trying to think of it as the start of something new.

Yes, John can still nail those high notes. Greg sounded good, I loved hearing him sing Dream On. That's my favorite Aerosmith song. And, at the risk of getting myself into trouble, I must say Paul looks pretty cute in the pictures on their web site. :wink: Jeff Hartman is a nice looking young man too.

Hey, it's officially January 1, 2006 on the East coast! Happy New Year!

Thanks for broadcasting the concert.
Last edited by Shell on Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Sad!

Post by BForm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:36 am

Wow. I just checked John's site and it's already been updated. Only one solo date left for John and then......................................nothing?

That'll change. Sue told me she's even sent out proposals in the last few weeks for John.
0 x

Around The World Radio
Pethead
Pethead

It was our honor!

Post by Around The World Radio » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:23 am

ATWR.ORG is 21st Century Technology and Personal Touch.

Our Friends Forever mission is to be hope builders. It was our honor to give honor to whom honor is due, and bring it LIVE from Murphy, NC....Petra, 33 years +...wow what a night.

Together many of us were at the event....

I ask you to please pray for us and the sound and voice we share on the web, and our on going 24/7 mission to Jamaica with our TV Channel 93 in Montego Bay.

And by the way, there will be a Petra special again . . . . the music will never retire.

God Bless You All,

Dr. Mark A. Muirhead, and Family
0 x
also you can connect with us
email: [email protected]
www.aroundtheworldradio.org
www.ilovejamaica.org
www.friendforevertv.com

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by executioner » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:53 am

Petra4Me wrote:Man oh man!!! I even recorded it so it will always remain with me!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want's a copy?? I'll edit it and upload it sometime tomorrow..

Bob's extended solo was sooooo cooollllllllll and John's high note at the end of Judas was mindddddddddddddd blowingggggggggg!!!!! Too cool!!!!
Yes I want a copy, I didn't get to listen.
0 x

jared
Pethead
Pethead

sweet sweet sweet

Post by jared » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:41 am

I'm so looking forward to your getting that online somewhere. THank you thank you thank you. I was kicking myself so bad last night for missing everything but the last 15 minutes. I was up late late last night listening to the rest of the broadcast though.

Schlitt-wiches, yum
0 x

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Rebroadcast

Post by BForm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:54 am

I believe Around The World Radio was going to re-broadcast an edited version of the night. You may want to check with them before spending all that effort.

BTW, Thanks again Dr. Mark. Happy New Year to all at ATWR and to all you Petheads.

God Bless! Or should I say "God Bless us all. Everyone."
0 x

unlost
Pethead
Pethead

HELP

Post by unlost » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:54 pm

is there a link for this broadcast so i can hear it?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:32 am

I'd like to give credit where credit is due to AROUND THE WORLD RADIO and Mark's persistance in not giving up until he obtained permission to broadcast this event...

He had to jump through alot of hoops to be able to do this for all of you. Not only that, but he was on the air from 4 p.m. to 2:45 a.m.! That's straight through, constant live remote broadcasting. I'm a good talker, but boy - Mark can really keep it going! Then you put John on the mic at 2:30 a.m. - the two of them could have keep talking forever! lol!

But seriously - MAJOR KUDOS to Mark and his wife (I'm sorry - I don't remember her name) and his son Alex for going way above & beyond the call of duty to help all the Petheads who weren't able to attend feel a part of the show.
0 x