How many copies of Farewell CD have been sold?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Kaiser
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kaiser » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:38 pm

I think he is talking about the ultimate collection.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

soundscan not so bad

Post by rexreed » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Say what you want about soundscan it is still better than what the industry replaced. They used to count all units sold to stores as a sale- which was grossly innaccurate. You would eventually see stacks of an album, or cassette in the clearance bin ( I remember seeing Winger ... as far as the eye could see...), yet those all counted as sales and boosted some albums much higher on the charts than deserved. If Farewell has only sold 16,000 then I suspect that is more accurate, even w/o concert sales than we care to admit. I've been looking to pick up a second copy and can't find it at my area Wal-marts. So either it sold out, was returned, or Walmart has them mixed up (most likely scenario).
0 x

PreteristAD70
Pethead
Pethead

Expanded Farewell CD?

Post by PreteristAD70 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:07 pm

Kaiser wrote:I think he is talking about the ultimate collection.
Ultimate Collection has 33 tracks. Leafinator mentioned a 26-track version of Farewell. I'm positive it doesn't exist, but I've been known to be wrong a time or two. ;-)
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Expanded Farewell CD?

Post by executioner » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:13 am

PreteristAD70 wrote:
Kaiser wrote:I think he is talking about the ultimate collection.
Ultimate Collection has 33 tracks. Leafinator mentioned a 26-track version of Farewell. I'm positive it doesn't exist, but I've been known to be wrong a time or two. ;-)
What he was talking about was what if Petra had recorded a 26 trac concert for Farewell would it have sold better? You are right it does not exsist.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: soundscan not so bad

Post by executioner » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:15 am

rexreed wrote:Say what you want about soundscan it is still better than what the industry replaced. They used to count all units sold to stores as a sale- which was grossly innaccurate. You would eventually see stacks of an album, or cassette in the clearance bin ( I remember seeing Winger ... as far as the eye could see...), yet those all counted as sales and boosted some albums much higher on the charts than deserved. If Farewell has only sold 16,000 then I suspect that is more accurate, even w/o concert sales than we care to admit. I've been looking to pick up a second copy and can't find it at my area Wal-marts. So either it sold out, was returned, or Walmart has them mixed up (most likely scenario).
Yes you are right it is more accurate, but it is still way off from what it needs to be. Plus Soundscan is routinely in the courts for their counting practices.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:02 pm

brent wrote:CCM is not a ministry. The people with ministry NEED CCM to get their product out. It is an intertwined business at that point. Selling Jesus is spooky.
Wow, well that explains why CCM has gone in the direction it has. It's a good thing alot of long gone artists didn't figure that one out too quickly.

As for the comment about buying secular music as oppossed to CCM. OK, well say we assume a secular artist is very upfront about his misdeeds. Now by buying his products are you not supporting his lifestyle? If so, then why apply the same reasoning to a christian artist? Because they are less deserving?
0 x