Prayer and Fasting Day, Tuesday March 7

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Prayer and Fasting Day, Tuesday March 7

Post by calicowriter » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:39 pm

Just a reminder, that the Prayer and Fasting Day is back to Tuesday this week, which means it is tomorrow. Be sure to list any prayer requests, or praise reports. Let's not forget those! :D
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

hey all!

Post by ctwomn » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:20 pm

I just wanted to say that it was awesome to see so many posts last week for Fast and Prayer day! Lets keep that up! There is power in numbers and power in prayer! God will reward you for your obedience to be faithful to pray for Petra and each other.

There are some things that I wanted to say about fasting....

I am sure many of you wonder....Why fasting!?
Joel 2:12-13
12Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: 13And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

We need to do it as a sign of our obedience and to show God that we desire to draw nearer to him. We are putting down the flesh and giving him a sacrifice of prayer. In a sense....it is a form of worship to God! A we draw nearer to him blessings will follow! "seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you"! We appreciate you guys!

See you all tomorrow!
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

Fobers71
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Fobers71 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:47 pm

I just want to say that my foot, while in a cast now, is feeling much better. I have not experienced any problems usually associated with wearing a cast.

I thank God for his hand in this and I thank my fellow Petheads for their prayers.
0 x
Jon Fobes
Ohio

Rocking with Petra since 1986

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Jon,

That's very good news! Thank you for letting us know that you are feeling better!

Ok, so we are on for tomorrow again........cool. Will be out for appointments in the morning - but hope to be posting on the zone tomorrow afternoon.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:05 am

I hope everyone is having a blessed day. Although it isn't warm yet, it is finally sunny here in Indy. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad."

Obviously, we want to be sure to lift up John, Bob, Paul and Greg in prayer today, to ask that God provide for His servants by giving them the desires of their hearts. And that they will continue to seek the Kingdom of God first, and let the rest be added.

I would like to ask for prayers for the book on John's life/testimony. Please pray that it will catch the attention of the right publisher, and that God will work in their hearts to pursue publication. John's story deserves to be told in wider audiences, so that all will see what faith in Jesus Christ looks like, what it has done for John, and most importantly, what it can do for all.

Also, I have an aquaintance in Santiago, Chile for whom I request prayers. He has had a rough life, having beaten cancer himself twice. Now his mother is near death, also from cancer, and he and his family are not handling it well. I pray for God's peace to descend upon them, but I also pray that he will be drawn closer to God. I know he was raised Catholic, but does not go to church, and I am pretty sure he is not a Christian.

Good news about your foot pain, Jon. Praise God!

Sue, Sam and Warren, Cat and MJ, you all continue to be in my prayers.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:22 am

Hey guys! I'm here with you all... already blew the fast (it's near impossible when you're on vacation) but I'm here with the prayer!

It's nice, warm and beautiful here and so I too rejoice in this day! And that I'm actually able to relax and enjoy some time off... it was much needed.

Yes, Bridget, we need to pray for that book. I am SO surprised there has been no contact yet... maybe it's a case of "good things come to them that wait, not to those who hesitate, so hurry up and wait upon the Lord."

The publisher WILL come... I am sure of that.

In addition to John and the Petra guys, I'd like to add in my car situation. While I'm on vacation, my car is being used by my son and it just up and died. I have no idea why, but it's parked in the street about 8 miles away from my house plus it was snowing yesterday so I'm sure I have a ticket on it by now.

I can't afford a new car and I've already stuck $500 into this 1994 vehicle in the past few months. Please ask the Lord that the problem be something simple and easy to fix and that the guy who will be looking at it tonight figures out what is wrong and takes care of it before I get back so I have a vehicle when I return.

I'll drop back in this evening....
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:35 am

Okay, I'll start out if nobody minds... :)

Father, thank you for this time of prayer, and thank you that because of your Son we can bring our prayer requests to You. You know our needs and what is best for us, even more than we know ourselves. I ask that You hear these prayer requests that are posted today.

Amen.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:22 am

Why Sue, I can't believe you didn't quote from your favorite song, "I Waited." :wink:
0 x
Bridget

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Please indulge me for just a moment....

While in prayer today, I was sort of blind-sided by a revelation if you will. When I first started this book project, it was on a much smaller scale, and it truly was being done as a gift to John to celebrate 20 years of music ministry. When John decided that he wanted to activately participate in it, that was even cooler. The more I got into the research and the actual writing, I realized that I was being blessed in ways I had not imagined -- developing friendships, finding skills I didn't know I had, and increasing my faith as I could see God working to bring people and concepts together. And while I still see this book as a gift to John, what I think I have been doing is denying that it has become something that I want for me as well. I felt strongly today that I need to admit publicly that yes, I want this book to be published not only to further John's ministry opportunities, but I want to fulfill a long-time dream to be a published author. I feel God is telling me that it's OK to want it, that as His child, He wants to give me good things. When it does happen, I'll be able to thank Him and praise Him for giving me the desires of my heart. His Glory will be increased, and my testimony of His goodness with be sweeter.

Thanks!
0 x
Bridget

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:27 pm

You're right. There's nothing wrong with wanting something; the key is trusting the Lord with it. The Bible tells us to go to Him with our desires. John has a story that people need to hear, and the Lord's hand is obviously on this book. It will be published by the right people.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:22 pm

Hey Bridget, I will never quote "I've Waited"... no, no NO! lol!

on the book subject: I'll tell you - my original purpose way back when was to bring John to Sheboygan to share his story. That single purpose has blossomed into so much more... now he's "sharing" his story on the internet with the whole world. And now I'm able to put him places to share it in person. And yes, I too want to be able to say I'm a good booking agent for him... sadly, I don't feel I can say that yet.

God can take a simple desire - and make it grow. And he will grow this book idea larger and larger.

And yes -there is nothing wrong with wanting something for yourself in the process.

You can admit it without feeling any bit of guilt or anything like that at all. If you had no desire to pursue this for your own purposes - would you have the passion to do it like you have?

God even uses self-motivating ideals to bring praise to himself.
0 x