Prayer and Fast Day Tuesday, March 14

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Prayer and Fast Day Tuesday, March 14

Post by calicowriter » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:17 am

�I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.�

This is the scripture I need to keep in front of me today. Even though I am tired, stressed, frustrated, and overwhelmed I am relying on the Holy Spirit�s strength and power to not only get me through, but to refresh me as well.

Let us pray today for John, Bob, Greg and Paul, and for each other to be refreshed in the Spirit so that we can all experience victory, not defeat in our lives. And may our lives be a sweet fragrance to draw others to seek Him.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

thanks!

Post by ctwomn » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:04 am

Dear Lord...

We want to thank you for the chance to be a part of your family. Thank you for the things you are doing right now as we speak...You are awesome.

First I want to to thank you for the opportunity that has been given to John to share his story on a syndicated national program that airs worldwide. Thank you for helping Sue to pursue this...and thank you for bugging me to bug her to to pursue this!! We have been praying this for a while now....thanks for answering such an awesome request! We know you that many lives will be healed and rescued for your glory through this. You may have the very person that might publish this story sitting in the audience...we do not know! You have it in your hands and you know what are you are doing and we trust you. We ask you to continue to open doors like this so that the ministry can grow and flurish....and so that John and dorla can prosper in every way!

We also want to continue to pray for the rest ofthe guys in the band

For Bob as he prepares to share at the CIA summit. Give him supernatural wisdom on what to speak on. Let him be a source of encouragement to these struggling new artists. Let them see the passion he has for music and jesus. Let that burn into thier hearts so they can carry that with them as they minister all over the nation.

For Greg we continue to lift him up as he is looking for other opportinities to minister. We thank you for the kind and gentle spirit he has. We know that whatever you put before him will be a success because he loves with all of his heart.

For Paul...
We ask that you guide him to the right people that will encourage him to continue on in his gift. Let him fufill his desire to work in india sharing his amazing story to those that need you!

For Sue...

Father this is such a bitter sweet time for her and another time of decision in her life. Help her to know without a shadow of a doubt what to do! Help to be able to work in the ministy and provide for herself. You know how to make that happen we thank you that you have her in your care. Let her feel you love today. Help her know that we care about her and we are praying w/ her. We are going to pray her through this situation!

for Michael....

He has so been trying to make ends meet. We thank you for that! It has been hard and frustrating at times...but give us strength as we continue in our lives. We want to learn for these struggles that we have been facing. Help us to not become bitter, weary or angry....help us to become stronger and more relient on you! Help! Help mikey today as well...let him know you are with him today and that things will be ok! Life is good for him help him to realize how blessed that he is!

For Sam...

Thank you for the person that she is! She only wants to serve you Lord with all of her heart! Thank you for the opportunities hse has had to minister in coffee houses in houston. We know that you heal and so we ask you to heal her body and make her complete so that she is able to keep goin for you! This is only the enemies way of getting her down so she can not do what you want! She is more than a conquerer in you! She stands on your word! Thank you for the gift of encouragement that she gives to others...help her to feel that from us! Give her back all the blessings and then some that she has given to us!

For calico...

Give her peace right now. I feel that she needs encourgemnt that someone will take on this book. We do not know if throught this upcoming tv show you might bring that about...but whatever way you choose we know that you will bring this to pass in your time! Let her be strengthened in You Lord...as she waits on you!

For all the Petheads here....

We ask that tou touch each one that posts here! Give them a wonderful week! Surround them w/ you angels and protection as they work and take care of their families.

Thank you so much loving us so much more than we could ever love you in return...even when we fail..you still reach down to our level....you chose us!

Let our requests be answered in your perfect time!
In the Name of Jesus!
Amen
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:54 pm

Amen and amen... and bump up to the top - which is where PRAYER posts ought to be.

Can it be that there are only 22 people (according to the number of views) praying for Petra???

and yet hundreds more talking about a mere DVD???

Something is wrong with this picture, folks.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:31 pm

That was a wonderful prayer, Cat.

Good point, Sue...The most important thing we could be doing for these guys is praying for them. :)
0 x

Fobers71
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Fobers71 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:23 pm

Please pray for the family of a young man named Andy Hopkins.

Andy died Monday afternoon from injuries from a head on car accident on March 2. Andy was the son of a Pastor of a sister Church of our Church. He was very active in his youth group and loved to play the saxaphone.

The driver of the car that killed him had 11 DUI convictions and was driving with no license and was running from the police when he hit Andy and his friends.
0 x
Jon Fobes
Ohio

Rocking with Petra since 1986

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:52 pm

Oh, that is so sad.

Father, we lift this young man's family and friends up to you. It's so hard when a life is cut short because of someone's sinful behavior. Accidents where there's alcohol involved are so tragic, and it's hard to understand why things like this happen. Help them to find comfort in knowing He is with you now and that You will see them through even this.

In Jesus name.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 am

sue d. wrote:Amen and amen... and bump up to the top - which is where PRAYER posts ought to be.

Can it be that there are only 22 people (according to the number of views) praying for Petra???

and yet hundreds more talking about a mere DVD???

Something is wrong with this picture, folks.
Well considering the highest number of votes I've gotten on my polls has been 37, it is hardly hundreds.

Just a bunch of squeeky wheels looking for some grease. :lol:

You still on vacation?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:29 am

Yes, I came back late, late Sunday night.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:59 pm

greenchili wrote:You Still On Vactation?
sue d. wrote:Yes, I came back late, late Sunday night.
Yes your still on vacation? Or yes you came back? :lol:

Just messin with ya.

When you get a chance check yer emails. I thought I was gonna go out of town this coming week but apparently I'm not. So I'll probably start going thru some of my stuff. Assuming nothing unusual happens. :lol:
0 x