Background Trax Needed

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
woncpa
Pethead
Pethead

Background Trax Needed

Post by woncpa » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:04 am

Hi, I am looking for any and all Petra background trax. I have had many on tape but most have sounded horrible lately due to over use and age. I am hopefully looking for them on CD. If anyone could help, please email me. [email protected]
Merry Christmas
William O
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

welcome

Post by epdc » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:22 pm

welcome to the zone, William :)

I bet there must be some people here that can help you :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:35 am

Hey

I have the soundtracks to Creed and In the Likeness of You
That's all I got, and they're on Cassette, but I'm planning on putting a bunch of stuff over on CD.

I may be using the original album tracks on a lower level to make the performance sound more full again, plus it gives that lower level of vocals that groups are going with now to bring out the performance.

I'll let you know when I get those two done. There is prob more people that has better stuff here at the zone.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm

I have Love and No Doubt on cassette. I don't know if that helps you much.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

chufis2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by chufis2 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:23 pm

im prayer no hablo ingles tengo la pista de petra
0 x

RediscoveredPetra
Pethead
Pethead

Post by RediscoveredPetra » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:30 am

I've been hunting for certain ones as well. You might try ebay. I'm surprised they haven't decided to rerelease these for download on one of the music services like Itunes. Several Trax from other artists are available for download.

Jeremy
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: .............

Post by Michael » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:04 pm

bakersfieldpethead wrote:I may be using the original album tracks on a lower level to make the performance sound more full again, plus it gives that lower level of vocals that groups are going with now to bring out the performance.
That may be tricker to pull off than you think. In my experience, no two cassette players play at the same speed, and even two different CDs of the same song are unlikely to be at exactly the same speed if they went to an analog medium at any point along the way. It doesn't make any difference if you're only trying to sync, say, maybe ten seconds... but in a 3.5 minute song you're going to be WAY different by the time you get to the end. I tried to sync an album track of a Petra song with the no-vocals track and then invert one of them to cancel out everything but the vocals (John schlitt a capella KEWL!) but I could only get about one or two lines at a time before it drifted out of sync and the music began to come back.

Not saying it can't be done... but be prepared for a possible battle.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

chufis2
Pethead
Pethead

prayer

Post by chufis2 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:35 pm

0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:16 pm

You could try emailing Sam :

[email protected]

I know she has a lot of the tracks already on CD (some originally CD, some tranferred from cassette to CD).
0 x

lucasmcgraw
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucasmcgraw » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:13 pm

I've got the background trax for the entire Petra Praise I (The Rock Cries Out) album on CD. I think it originally came with a song book, but all I have is the CD. I'd be happy to make you a copy if you send me a couple of bucks for shipping. Let me know. [email protected]
0 x

nojjon
Pethead
Pethead

Post by nojjon » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:17 pm

I need older stuff like, Road to Zion, Rose Colored Stained glass windows and not of this world...

I have approval to sing them in church I just want it to sound right without me hacking away at them on guitar.

I used cool edit pro to do a vocal cut but Greg is still there (not that I mind at all) but I don't want him there at all except for the choruses. Make sense?
0 x