John Schlitt/Project Damage Control Question?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
MineField
Pethead
Pethead

John Schlitt/Project Damage Control Question?

Post by MineField » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:54 am

First, let me just say...that I stumbled across their website and my ears have been blessed to hear these amazing tunes by the Rock band Project Damage Control! I found out that it featured John and Louie Weaver on the album, so I had to listen! John's voice is truly mindblowing on this album! Overall, this is some of the best 80's rock/metal I have heard in a while...this stuff shreds! :D I will stop salivating now and get on with my question. Does anyone know if John will continue doing vocals for PDC or was he just "guesting" for that album? Thanks! :D
1 x
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o268/lbchilders/Novelties/f_guitarflamem_f14d4a9.gif[/img]
KEEP IT LOUD FOR CHRIST!

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Minefield,

I know what ya mean! I like it a lot too! Now I'm not CERTAIN, but I'm pretty sure that it was just a guesting deal that John did for PDC. I read on their website that they have a new leadsinger (not John) that they are very happy with and they have released a new single with him! Besides, John is probably really busy with Bob's album and his third solo record right now! and lets not forget Realestate! But I really did like how John's voice sounded over PDC! It was very Jekyll & Hyde-ish to me, but with a bit more 80's metal flavor!

Stephen
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

MineField
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MineField » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:51 am

Thanks for the info Stephen. Yea, John's voice does sound great on the PDC album! Who knows...maybe he will do some more "guesting" on future PDC releases! 8)
0 x
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o268/lbchilders/Novelties/f_guitarflamem_f14d4a9.gif[/img]
KEEP IT LOUD FOR CHRIST!

canelaschlitt
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra praise 2
Pethead since: 1998

Re: John Schlitt/Project Damage Control Question?

Post by canelaschlitt » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:12 am

I read that Brent is talking about a new PDC stuff? Maybe John is in this new project? I found this old post and...said: Why not? It might be Awesome!!
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:47 am

MineField wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:54 am
First, let me just say...that I stumbled across their website and my ears have been blessed to hear these amazing tunes by the Rock band Project Damage Control! I found out that it featured John and Louie Weaver on the album, so I had to listen! John's voice is truly mindblowing on this album! Overall, this is some of the best 80's rock/metal I have heard in a while...this stuff shreds! :D I will stop salivating now and get on with my question. Does anyone know if John will continue doing vocals for PDC or was he just "guesting" for that album? Thanks! :D
I'm pretty sure he sings at least a little on PDC 2. Greg X Volz too if my memory serves me right
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:46 pm

John Schlitt was on PDC: Mechanism's "Liar Again". Greg X Volz had a part on the title track. We did not use a second track he recorded.

While we will be using a former Petra member, I don't think John will be involved with PDC8. We would love to include John. We have some songs up his alley that would be the absolute hardest (heaviest) things he would ever record. There are a few factors prohibiting us from including him:

1. John will not do anything conflicting with his schedule or products he is currently pushing or recording.
2. Money.
3. Frequency. John has done contract work with us and others, has released solo albums, and played with other groups, Head East, Jay Sekulo Band, etc. We don't want to confuse people or contribute to oversaturation. For those of you familiar with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater, that cat plays in soooo many bands. He saturated his audience with albums. We don't want to contribute to John being a Mike Portnoy. We feel he will have more pop in his personal ministry and side projects without us.
4. PDC Mechanism eclipsed the first album in sales, streams and global listenership. The market isn't large by any means, but it did do as well as some Petra albums have. This was confirmed by Bob himself. So, we would love to have John for the music's sake, and because we love John. That man stands head to head against secular singers much younger and still delivers. But, PDC isn't on the forefront of the CCM scene so, his involvement doesn't propel sales. Since we can sell just as well on our own, and we don't have the money to pay for John to sing, we can spend the money where it needs to be spent....ON GUITARS AND DRUMS. Ha. Lyrics are the place holders to let you know "the good stuff" is coming up next.

Don't write us off because John isn't involved. Our songs have us stoked! The people who have heard them are our biggest critics. They like them and ask us when we will be finished. So, that makes us feel good.
2 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Good to hear you're working on more material Brent. Who is the guest artist? or is that a secret for now. You still got the same phone number?
0 x

Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981

Post by Progfan » Thu May 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Since you mentioned it, you could probably get Mike Portnoy on the album pretty easily!
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu May 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Dan wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 pm
Good to hear you're working on more material Brent. Who is the guest artist? or is that a secret for now. You still got the same phone number?
Same home, different mobile.
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu May 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Progfan wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:46 pm
Since you mentioned it, you could probably get Mike Portnoy on the album pretty easily!
Well, Mechanism had Jame LaBrie's solo band guitar player and a keyboard player friend of Jordan Rudess, who is my avenue to free DT tickets (ha). That's about as close to Portnoy as I can get. He would play if I had the cash and he liked the music.
2 x